+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We are LATECH

Varsity Bulldog osl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time osl530's Avatar

Re: We are LATECH

ehhh i think it would be in good taste to at least not do it when we play marshall. to steal a chant from a school is one thing but this is stealing it from a very widely known source and a very emotional movie.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by osl530 View Post
    ehhh i think it would be in good taste to at least not do it when we play marshall. to steal a chant from a school is one thing but this is stealing it from a very widely known source and a very emotional movie.
    Except the movie isn't true. Marshall didn't start doing that cheer until years later. Also we are saying Bulldogs not Tech or La. Tech and Penn State is as well known for saying it as Marshall. We are the only ones I know of using the mascots in the cheer instead of the school.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Except the movie isn't true. Marshall didn't start doing that cheer until years later. Also we are saying Bulldogs not Tech or La. Tech and Penn State is as well known for saying it as Marshall. We are the only ones I know of using the mascots in the cheer instead of the school.
    In addition to Penn State, USC chanted "We are... SC!" long before Marshall started their chant as well.

The "We are... _____!" chant is a generic chant used across the country. It's not specific to Marshall or any other school for that matter.

Varsity Bulldog Festus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really nice

I think the facts of the timing are pretty much irrelevant, ie who started what when. The mass marketing and nationwide distribution of the movie pretty much made it Marshall's chant imo. I've never been a fan of "We are, Bulldogs", but frankly I'm just happy to see fans excited and involved so they can yell what they want.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I can't believe this topic is an actual thread. It's a very dumb thread. And yes, I know, I just contributed to it. Shame on me.

HD

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Whatever cheer you use, it has to be simple and easily identifiable as a TECH cheer. It is that simple. It doesn't have to be "WE ARE", "BULLDAWGS". Just make it simple and make it well known what each person's part is in the cheer and it will be a success.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Puppy aai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaai004 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time aai004's Avatar

I say lets start a new tradition and make The Joe the loudest, most annoying stadium to play at. Everyone plays the vuvuzelas when the opposing offense takes the field. They are a lot of fun, I've taken a blue and a red one to the a few games. $5 on amazon.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aai004 View Post
    I say lets start a new tradition and make The Joe the loudest, most annoying stadium to play at. Everyone plays the vuvuzelas when the opposing offense takes the field. They are a lot of fun, I've taken a blue and a red one to the a few games. $5 on amazon.

Just say no!

Varsity Bulldog osl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time osl530's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    yea but that makes it sound more generic and kind of high school. we need something unique like auburn has war eagle, alabama has roll tide, and lsu spells go that dumbass way..

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

I like the chants we have for football, but would like one chant/tradition that is unique to Tech besides MTC which is not Tech specific. However, I believe that will require some ingenuity in part by students and cooperation in other part by alums.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

"How 'bout!"............."Dem Dawgs!"
    Easy to chant.
    Plays off the older chant.
    Unique.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by osl530 View Post
    yea but that makes it sound more generic and kind of high school.
    1. It is generic. Nothing wrong with that. You don't ever yell "come on defense" or "go dogs" or "huzzah for the hometown squad?"

2. Those were colleges that he listed, not high schools. Penn St and Marshall and USC are all colleges. So is Tech. That makes it sound "college."

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    honestly I think the cheer seems too fake to the fans for it to be really accepted. An easy solution would be to say "LaTech" and respond with "Bulldogs" and to really disassociate with the old cheer is to say it like these seattle sounders fans. It would fix all problems complained about in this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CWvFcwSOfQ

I don't think it would solve all the problems listed in this thread. The very idea of doing something that someone else has done seems to be an issue for several posters.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    "How 'bout!"............."Dem Dawgs!"
    Easy to chant.
    Plays off the older chant.
    Unique.
    DId you know UGA owns a federal trademark registration for "HOW 'BOUT THEM DAWGS"?

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield...004:n2mljs.2.1
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

How about we sit there quietly? Cheering for your team is not original, and we can't copy anybody else. I say we all sit on our hands and not get excited about anything the whole game.

+ Reply to Thread