+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: CNN Ratings Hit 20-Year Low...

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: CNN Ratings Hit 20-Year Low...

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    No they didn't.
    Sure enough. I was wrong, but I am not going to make you admit that you were.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    He used to have a full program on FoxNews. Should they have never hired him?
    Correct, but your whataboutism is noted.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Correct, but your whataboutism is noted.
    I don’t have an opinion whether either media source should have hired him, but I think CNN and most others would have to fire anyone that says something akin to what Hill said.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

He used to have a full program on FoxNews. Should they have never hired him?
    No. Not if he was a "self proclaimed communist".

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    No. Not if he was a "self proclaimed communist".
    You don’t think news media should hire commentators with diverse viewpoints?

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

So, again with your stated logic as quoted, should the morons that made Charlottesville happen be hired by news media in an effort to offer diverse viewpoints?

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    So, again with your stated logic as quoted, should the morons that made Charlottesville happen be hired by news media in an effort to offer diverse viewpoints?
    I didn’t say they should hire either group. I was asking for an opinion.

My personal view is that they have to maintain some standards because these commentators, though not representing the views of the media source, do still represent the media source as individuals.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Liberal news outlets would probably hire a entire company of Commies. We're talking communist here right now and not some BS "diverse viewpoints" talking point.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

MSM doesn’t know what diverse viewpoints are. In their minds diversity stops at skin color.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't followed the hill story very closely. Was the main hubbub about the river to the sea comment? I know he said we should stop persecuting them for defending themselves as well which people would find controversial.

I'm not comfortable labeling him an anti-Semite just because of his "dog whistle" wording. Seems like the kind of overreaction people have towards some of Trumps word choice. Certainly probable there is more there that I don't know about, but from what I heard of the speech it didn't seem like he should lose his job over it.

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I haven't followed the hill story very closely. Was the main hubbub about the river to the sea comment? I know he said we should stop persecuting them for defending themselves as well which people would find controversial.

I'm not comfortable labeling him an anti-Semite just because of his "dog whistle" wording. Seems like the kind of overreaction people have towards some of Trumps word choice. Certainly probable there is more there that I don't know about, but from what I heard of the speech it didn't seem like he should lose his job over it.
    Both Hill and Trump know who they are whistling to.

And dog whistling is so much worse than explicitly stating what you are signaling. The dog whistle allows the whistler to avoid accountability and gas light those that pick up on the reference all the while achieving the desired signaling effect. It fits Trump’s style perfectly because the last thing he wants is to be accountable for anything.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Both Hill and Trump know who they are whistling to.
    That's an assumption and a dangerous one I would add.

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    That's an assumption and a dangerous one I would add.
    Not nearly as dangerous as dog whistling.

Not nearly as dangerous as dog whistling.
    We disagree strongly there.

+ Reply to Thread