+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: CNN Ratings Hit 20-Year Low...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: CNN Ratings Hit 20-Year Low...

What did he expect from the dirtiest and worst lying cable "news" company.

And it bias idiocy and hypocrisy continues.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnns-j...nt-confederacy

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

This is media related, not necessarily CNN.. but Rush announced today in his show that he has advanced lung cancer. This is very sad news and I hope he can whip this crap. Professionally, I do not believe that there is any one person alive who has done more to advance conservative values and cause than Rush. I used to like Bill Kristol when I was younger, but realized just how much of an established political elitist hack he really is.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    This is media related, not necessarily CNN.. but Rush announced today in his show that he has advanced lung cancer. This is very sad news and I hope he can whip this crap. Professionally, I do not believe that there is any one person alive who has done more to advance conservative values and cause than Rush. I used to like Bill Kristol when I was younger, but realized just how much of an established political elitist hack he really is.
    He picked up the torch while a more subtle Paul Harvey was bowing out. I remember listening to Paul Harvey while missing 1 hour of Rush.

Paul Harvey, Cross Fire, Rush Limbaugh woke us up. Amazing that CNN played such a big part in in the early conservative movement.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He picked up the torch while a more subtle Paul Harvey was bowing out. I remember listening to Paul Harvey while missing 1 hour of Rush.

Paul Harvey, Cross Fire, Rush Limbaugh woke us up. Amazing that CNN played such a big part in in the early conservative movement.
    Also amazing how CNN and liberal cable news and media helped get Trump elected.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

Yep! loved Paul Harvey. Never missed his lunchtime show. "And that...is the rest of the story. This is Paul Harvey....good day!"

We don't get Rush in Natchitoches anymore, have to try to grab a Shreveport or Alex station to listen. Which I do when I can. Based on what I've heard his broadcast career is now history, or soon will be.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yep! loved Paul Harvey. Never missed his lunchtime show. "And that...is the rest of the story. This is Paul Harvey....good day!"

We don't get Rush in Natchitoches anymore, have to try to grab a Shreveport or Alex station to listen. Which I do when I can. Based on what I've heard his broadcast career is now history, or soon will be.
    Is Natchitoches that liberal as to not have Rush on the radio? That happened for about one week in E. Texas a decade and a half or so ago, due to a high net worth lefty with stroke, and so many folks protested and wrote in that it changed back in a nanosecond.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Is Natchitoches that liberal as to not have Rush on the radio? That happened for about one week in E. Texas a decade and a half or so ago, due to a high net worth lefty with stroke, and so many folks protested and wrote in that it changed back in a nanosecond.
    Yes, Natchitoches is a Dem stronghold...well, the city is, the parish is right-leaning mostly. The radio stations are located in, owned, by city-dwellers and they are leftists. Rush used to be on...as was Hannity...and both shows were dumped. At first in favor of some leftist radio host but that didn't last a month as advertisers abandoned the station. The owner of one of the stations told me he was receiving daily complaints about the Rush & Hannity programming. Yet! the ratings were good and advertisers were pleased.

The 2020 POTUS election will go something like, City: the Dem 58% Trump 42%, Parish: Trump 52% the Dem 48%. The population is roughly 50-50%, just about 19,000 people in the city and 19,000 out in the parish. Overall "Natchitoches" will support the Dem.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Heard that President Trump was going to award Rush the Medal of Freedom. Very cool if he does.

Heard that President Trump was going to award Rush the Medal of Freedom. Very cool if he does.
    Well deserved too.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Well deserved too.
    Really? I thought it was ironic that in a speech that featured more big government than any I'd watched, a guy who used to be a conservative, but now no longer believes in fiscal conservatism was being honored. Rush of 5 years ago would have railed against spending money we don't have on things we don't need.

I hate a cancer diagnosis for anyone.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Really? I thought it was ironic that in a speech that featured more big government than any I'd watched, a guy who used to be a conservative, but now no longer believes in fiscal conservatism was being honored. Rush of 5 years ago would have railed against spending money we don't have on things we don't need.

I hate a cancer diagnosis for anyone.
    When the economy is rolling and actually about to rocket like never seen before, the country can afford to help out it's legal citizens more. Besides that wasn't a "big government" speech.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    When the economy is rolling and actually about to rocket like never seen before, the country can afford to help out it's legal citizens more. Besides that wasn't a "big government" speech.
    That's hogwash. Look at our debt and deficits. Trump is a big government President and that was a big government speech.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    That's hogwash. Look at our debt and deficits. Trump is a big government President and that was a big government speech.
    Well, the House spends the money, so this is not entirely accurate.

The big problem is that our system is so divided politically that we have one of two choices. 1) We can continue to spend like we are, with both sides getting a good bit of what they want but the money being spent inefficiently because the solutions implemented are designed by one party to pander to their voters alone. Obamacare is a great example of this. 2) Have one or the other of the parties dig in and just shut down everything, which is politically unpopular and neither side wants to go there.

What is missing is any effort to work together. That stupid impeachment stunt just made things worse...both sides are dug in now and neither is likely to move at all. I've always said Republicans are really bad seeing issues that need to be addressed by government. Democrats see issues to address everywhere, even where there are none. Together they could probably create a decent solution, but working alone they will fail. Unfortunately Washington has become some sort of frat-boy competition where working together for the good of the country takes a back seat to feuding and childish pranks.

If anyone thinks there is a candidate out there that will unite the country, they are viewing things through a very heavy filter. Trump was probably the most easily malleable president we've had in many decades, but with all the junk that's been thrown at him since he was elected he is now dug in just like the rest of them.

+ Reply to Thread