+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 2012 WAC Tournament

Champ HUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the rough

Re: 2012 WAC Tournament

Thanks for the info. That is going to be so cool to have the WAC tournament in our last year to be in Grand Prairie, TX....right on the other side of Dallas. I-20 all the way! Yes I will be going to that!!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUGETechfan View Post
    Thanks for the info. That is going to be so cool to have the WAC tournament in our last year to be in Grand Prairie, TX....right on the other side of Dallas. I-20 all the way! Yes I will be going to that!!
    You might want to wait to see if we qualify first. WAC baseball just got a lot tougher. Let's hope the WAC expands the tournament to 8 teams.

23. Dallas Baptist (41 in 2011)
    34. NM State (158 in 2011)
    53. UT Arlington (108 in 2011)
    71. Texas State (40 in 2011)
    109. Sac State (234 in 2011)
    111. LA Tech (133 in 2011)
    159. UTSA (147 in 2011)
    165. Cal State Bakersfield (53 in 2011)
    200. SeattleU (240 in 2011)
    209. SJSU (124 in 2011)

I don't expect SJSU to be that bad next year. The Spartans are usually pretty good. I don't know what happened to them this year. Cal State Bakersfield will probably be much better as well.

We'll have to replace the offensive production of Alex Williams and probably our Friday night starter in Jeb Stefan.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 05-30-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by okiealdawg View Post
    Goodbye coach Sim!

BVD is crazy if he doesn't let Sim go & hire the BB coach @ LSUS.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    Come on man! You want a coach who will be gone after next year to go hire a high school coach to help him?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    We don't want the coach from LSUS.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Prediction that Sim saved himself for another year with the WAC tournament performance and two seniors departing.

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post
    Prediction that Sim saved himself for another year with the WAC tournament performance and two seniors departing.
    Woohoo! Third place in the 6-team WAC tourney!

We will lose more than those two seniors. I'm pretty sure our Friday night starter has played his last game in a Bulldog uniform. We'll lose a few more. So far I know of at least 7 newcomers for next season.

Puppy bigdawggeorge is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Come on man! You want a coach who will be gone after next year to go hire a high school coach to help him?
    Not sure I understood this post??? Whose gonna be gone next year, and who is hiring a high school coach to help him? Don't Sim and the LSUS Coach have similar baseball backgrounds? And it looks like that guy has been doing more, with less for a long time.

Puppy bigdawggeorge is an unknown

I agree, this finish isn't much to get excited about. We had a few guys step up and do a great job, but overall, disappointing. Isn't this the same exit point as last years tourney? Also, I get Williams and Gordey to graduation, and probably Stefan, (possible draft selection or aeronautical engineer). Maybe Terrasas and possibly Petersen to draft, but I'm not sure where you are getting 7? Help me out here.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawggeorge View Post
    I agree, this finish isn't much to get excited about. We had a few guys step up and do a great job, but overall, disappointing. Isn't this the same exit point as last years tourney? Also, I get Williams and Gordey to graduation, and probably Stefan, (possible draft selection or aeronautical engineer). Maybe Terrasas and possibly Petersen to draft, but I'm not sure where you are getting 7? Help me out here.
    I don't know who all Sim is expecting to leave. I'm sure some will transfer, quit, or leave for personal reasons. Arnsberg and Alvis are also draft prospects in addition to Stefan, Petersen, and Terrasas. Stefan has a couple great opportunities ahead of him, and I definitely don't expect him back. Fairbanks never really recovered from TJ surgery. Ryan Jones just had TJ surgery.

Hunter Travis, Taylor Love, Adam DeRouen, Sam Saunders, Richie Navari, Tyler Ervine, and Thomas Simoneaux are the 7 newcomers I know about. I wouldn't be surprised if we have a couple more late juco signees.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote out of the News Wipe Star today which I wouldn't consider as "gospel". I understand the draft rules concerning Juniors.

"The Bulldogs lose just two seniors: first baseman Alex Williams and center fielder Justin Gordey."

Varsity Bulldog El Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her game

Expect a few transfers too.

Quote Originally Posted by El Oso View Post
    Expect a few transfers too.
    Just found another juco transfer: Omar Ugarte. That makes 8 known newcomers so far.

Champ HUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the rough

So if Thomas Simoneaux is coming in, I don't think we can expect Coach Sim to go anywhere next year.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUGETechfan View Post
    So if Thomas Simoneaux is coming in, I don't think we can expect Coach Sim to go anywhere next year.
    No. As much as some of you would like him to be gone, he's not leaving.

+ Reply to Thread