+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowling Green adds Lousiana Tech, Texas State to Future Football Schedules

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Re: Bowling Green adds Lousiana Tech, Texas State to Future Football Schedules

Winable game. Not great for the traveling fans, but better than scheduling a belt team or another 2 for 1..

I will take it.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

I guess I just don't understand the benefit to either program to schedule this game. The people in Ohio don't care anymore about Tech than we do Bowling Green. Maybe it fills a slot in the schedule, but I would rather play Arkansas State, Memphis, or even Western Kentucky or Middle Tennessee. What I would really like is to schedule more SEC, ACC, and Big E. I know the way to winning seasons is to put some cupcakes on you schedule, but how do we know what Bowling Green is going to be that far out. Sorry, just venting, I'm ready for some football. I watched out 2011 highlights again and it gets me pumped.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    You never know with these MAC schools. They're up and down like crazy. With our luck 2018 will be the year BG wins 10 games.
    2018 is a long way away, and of course anything can happen... but... We've won 15 straight games against teams currently in the MAC.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    I guess I just don't understand the benefit to either program to schedule this game. The people in Ohio don't care anymore about Tech than we do Bowling Green. Maybe it fills a slot in the schedule, but I would rather play Arkansas State, Memphis, or even Western Kentucky or Middle Tennessee. What I would really like is to schedule more SEC, ACC, and Big E. I know the way to winning seasons is to put some cupcakes on you schedule, but how do we know what Bowling Green is going to be that far out. Sorry, just venting, I'm ready for some football. I watched out 2011 highlights again and it gets me pumped.
    SEC, ACC, and Big East (Memphis) teams aren't lining up to play home-and-homes against us. Two-for-ones are very bad deals and are not worth the one game that we may get at home if they don't buy out of it at the last minute. Those Belch jucos you mentioned don't excite me any more than BG does. At least Bowling Green is a real university.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Sunbelt schools? Are you kidding? We've been trying to get away from the Sunbelt schools for the last 18 years. Why in the hell would you want to jump right back into that boat?

Let it go.........

HD

Varsity Bulldog Festus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really niceFestus is just really nice

Very excited about this since Bowling Green is right down the road from Louisville....then I realized it's not until 2018...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Festus View Post
    Very excited about this since Bowling Green is right down the road from Louisville....then I realized it's not until 2018...
    ...and not the Bowling Green that is right down the road from Louisville.:icon_wink:

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Not me. No more BORING football. Thank goodness for Livas' 2nd quarter kick return for a TD. Otherwise, that Indy Bowl game wouldn't have had any exciting plays at all.

Looking back, that game was one of the most boring football games I've ever seen. I loved getting the bowl win.....but that game was not a good advertisement for our program. Boring football.

HD
    Blasphemy!

BTW - I agree with you, that was turrible football
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Weldon Brown and the defense looked nice, but the offense......hold your nose!

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

HD.
    I'm not promoting the Belch in any way. Remember, N Texas will be a conference mate in 2013 and there may be others when the next round of expansion happens. I still don't see a big advantage to playing BG in Ohio. Maybe Bruce thought it was Kentucky. How many people are you taking to tailgate up there?

Big Dog dj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant future

With 14 teams in conference, what are the chances we eventually go to 9 conference games. I think PAC 12 is doing this, and it would not surprise me to see other conferences do the same thing as an extra SEC game for each program would raise the TV value of those games. We also only have 3 other formerly "nonAQ" conferences to schedule home and home games with. It is going to be either MWC, MAC, or SBC. So I would expect going forward to see more MAC schools on the schedule. If we did have a 9 game conference schedule I guess our schedule would look like this:

5/4 CUSA home games
    4/5 CUSA away games
    1 FCS home game
    1 "AQ" away game
    1 home and away nonconference game that alternates with the CUSA schedule to give us 6 home games.

I would rather plan an extra conference game than have to potentially schedule a MAC and a SBC opponent in the same year. We would get 6 division games and 3 cross-divisional games instead of 2 if we only play 8 conference games.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Hopefully it is not in the dead of winter when we go there and it is still very hot and humid when they go to Ruston. Maybe giving our soon to be ex conference mate New Mexico State a one for one if they don't drop to FCS would be a good thing. They will probably need a few games if they are independent. It is no further than UTEP.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not opposed to this game at all. Playing MAC teams could come in handy. How.. I have no clue, but playing a Belch team instead would suck. I'll take a winnable games against a MAC team versus a second Money game any day of the week. BTW, who would have thought that playing UCF back in the 90's would be anything.

OK I figured out why Bruce scheduled these games. After we go undefeated this year it's going to be hard to get anyone who wants to play us, so schedule now while we can.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

MAC football games are like manna from Heaven for the Win column for the Dawgs
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread