+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USA Soccer

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

USA Soccer

Just a friendly, but the 5-1 spanking of Scotland is a solid win.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...035638092.html

Donovan's return is welcomed. He is still the superstar leader of the squad and makes things happen.

Saw the US Men's team beat Panama 1-0 in Houston last year. Donovan, due to the injury-bug he had been nursing, was held out until the 65th minute. Didn't take long for him to break down Panama's defense and deliver a perfect pass to Dempsey for the winner.

Our German coach is starting to get it done. Youngsters are developing. I am still HOPING to attend World Cup 2014 in Brazil. Can buy a package that covers the three US pool matches. Then, will have the option to buy an extension for the knock-out round(s). Of course, it's all speculative right now, as the US has not officially qualified for the WC Finals (yet), then there will be the pool draw and all of that to come.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Re: USA Soccer

The Bradley goal was a world class set up and finish. A better team wouldn't have let him have the space, but we are a team that needs to convert when its there no matter who we are playing and he did.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Bradley's strike was awesome. Doubt too many keepers, even the world's best, could have stopped that one.

You are right about the space. Sides like Spain, Brazil, and others have strong defensive midfields that don't allow that kind of space. True. But, no matter the opponent, such ops can be created....just that the window of opportunity is only open for a second or so, meaning the US has to everyone on the same page all seeing the exact same thing at the same instant, and then need to finish like MB did here.

US plays Brazil this Wednesday. While a "W" is always nice, I am most wanting to see us play an international-caliber match for 90 mins. MIDFIELD, MIDFIELD, MIDFIELD = POSSESSION. Can we hold the ball for even about 50% of the match? Anything close to 50% would be awesome! Tougher to do....however.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Caught the second half...liked what I saw. Too many times in the past the US has played to the level of its opposition..either up or down. That didn't happen last night.

Looks like Klinsmann has his system in place and is bringing in some younger talent to go with the veteran core.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I wish Dempsey was health that allows for several more options with the lineup hut it is good the guys are getting some pt right now

I need to organize a pick-up game. We used (maybe they still do) to play every Sunday evening, about 6PM when it turned warm. Lots of Mexicans in Natchitoches now...construction and yard crews....and they were organizing their own sides and we would put together a local team and play 'em. But, three knee surgeries later, I find even reffing a U14 game to be painful!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...tml#more-12137

Still, I should be able to play some minutes...and pack my knees in ice when on the bench .

I do miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I wish Dempsey was health that allows for several more options with the lineup hut it is good the guys are getting some pt right now
    Dempsey is just off a record-setting season in the Premier League...with Fullham??? I think. Have watched some of his matches and can't remember the club. Dang! memory is fading fast. I think....not sure if I knew, or have just forgotten.....I forget .

Dempsey is a scorer and the US side needs him 100% healthy.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Dempsey is just off a record-setting season in the Premier League...with Fullham???
    yep with Fulham! Only Rooney (Man U), Van Persie (Arsenal) and Aguero (Man City) scored more goals than Dempsey in the EPL. And for reference, the teams those guys play for placed 1, 2, and 3 in the EPL. Fulham placed 9th.

He pulled a hamstring with Fulham at the end of the season and missed their final. I think they finished 9th in the EPL. Not bad for fulham. They already have a bar at Craven Cottage named after Brian McBride, and Clint has surpassed Brian pretty easily now, so I wonder what they will name after him once he is gone.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Where can I watch the USA vs Brazil game?

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

They look sloppy and like an amateur squad against Brasil

The "Big O" has got to go. He's a major liability on the back line.

Some of the youngsters looked good, especially the "Fabulous" Fabian Johnson. Superstar in the making. Hercules Gomez played very well. Torrez, well, I see the potential but he gets lost out there. Some of the usually dependable veterans, like Boca and Cherundolo, struggled last night. But the Brazilians make lots of teams struggle.

The Double D's looked old and slow. But, they are both trying to get back into playing shape coming off of injuries. They'll be fine.

Overall.....major ouch! Long way to go....still.

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Where can I watch the USA vs Brazil game?
    It was on ESPN2.

ESPN will be televising a bunch of MNT's matches from now thru the WC 2014. Next one is vs. Canada, this Sunday, I think. Then next Friday, the first of the WC qualifiers.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Could watch a bunch of pansies play lacrosse....

+ Reply to Thread