+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ouachita Parish adds three more turf fields

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Ouachita Parish adds three more turf fields

I noticed Richwood, Sterlington and Ouachta HS stadia are being outfitted with artificial turf this summer. That makes five public school stadia in the parish with the fake stuff, leaving Neville, Carroll and Wossman with grass.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Ouachita Parish adds three more turf fields

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I noticed Richwood, Sterlington and Ouachta HS stadia are being outfitted with artificial turf this summer. That makes five public school stadia in the parish with the fake stuff, leaving Neville, Carroll and Wossman with grass.
    Gotta spend that money somewhere I guess.

All in the name of Bands and Soccer.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Gotta spend that money somewhere I guess.

All in the name of Bands and Soccer.
    Eastside parish taxing district had Don Don envy.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog Ellis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I know Neville, Wossman, and Carroll are Monroe City schools. That may affect the money flow but I would bet if Neville wanted turf they would have it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis88 View Post
    I know Neville, Wossman, and Carroll are Monroe City schools. That may affect the money flow but I would bet if Neville wanted turf they would have it.
    They depend greatly on private funds. That helps keep the peace with the inept Monroe City School system. I know Neville did well to raise money for the field house project. I'm not sure they want to bite off a field turf project. The main reason the Ouachita parish schools were able to do this is because the tax money was there to be spent. The school board felt like it was a wise expenditure. Can you imagine the Monroe City School Board discussing something like this?

Varsity Bulldog jellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the rough jellidawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis88 View Post
    Yes, if Neville wanted turf, they would have it. If I'm not mistaken, their new fieldhouse was built by the Alumni & Friends of Neville High School. That group has some deep pockets...

As a side note, it is the same group that has started the process of taking Neville to a Charter School.

Puppy greengolf Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegreengolf Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegreengolf Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegreengolf Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegreengolf Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegreengolf Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegreengolf Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegreengolf Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegreengolf Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I agree with maddawg. "The main reason the Ouachita parish schools were able to do this is because the tax money was there to be spent"

http://www.azluxurylawns.com/commercial-synthetic-grass

Puppy ChargerPride Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeChargerPride Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeChargerPride Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeChargerPride Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeChargerPride Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeChargerPride Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeChargerPride Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Neville could use a turf field. A few years back, when there was a lot of rain the fall, their field was badly torn up. They really do need a turf field at some point in the near future. But, after up grading the field house, they probably can't afford it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerPride View Post
    Neville could use a turf field. A few years back, when there was a lot of rain the fall, their field was badly torn up. They really do need a turf field at some point in the near future. But, after up grading the field house, they probably can't afford it right now.
    They don't have a combined IQ of 500 on the skew bowd. There is plenty of money, but skew bowd will have to approve it.

+ Reply to Thread