+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to fish?

Puppy FishingDawg is an unknown

Where to fish?

I recently moved here to Ruston to go to school at Tech. Iv been looking for places to fish but havnt had much luck. I dont have a boat so all the fishing I will be doing will be from the bank. And I am most interested in catching catfish. I have tried lincoln parish twice with no luck on catfish and just a few little bream. I also tried lake claiborne and I fished around the camping area and caught a few cats but nothing too big. So my question is, where is the best place for me to go catch some catfish? What lake or pond? and where specifically on that lake or pond is a good place to try? Thanks alot!

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Re: Where to fish?

Try off of the dam at Claiborne.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

I was thinking about that as well. I drove by the dam when I went to the state park just to check it out. Have you fished there yourself? Which side of the levy would you recommend, the side with the lake or the other side where the water goes to when its open?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

fishing off the dam at Lake Claiborne is technically not allowed. In practice, well, ... maybe Dwaye will weigh in.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Id rather stay away then. Does anyone know of any good spots to fish on Claiborne from the bank? Looking for catfish and bream

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

There is a little pond in Dubach that we used to catch a decent amount of bass in. Not sure about catfish.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingDawg View Post
    Id rather stay away then. Does anyone know of any good spots to fish on Claiborne from the bank? Looking for catfish and bream
    Bank fishing is allowed below the spillway. And from areas around the public boat launch on Hwy 2. You can pay a day fee and fish off the bank from certain areas of the state park.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    fishing off the dam at Lake Claiborne is technically not allowed. In practice, well, ... maybe Dwaye will weigh in.
    Yep -

You can be charged with trespassing...

DOTD has been on us about people "fishing" from the damn and the idiots diving off the cage above the spillway
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Well, I spent all day fishing saturday at Claiborne state park and didnt have much luck. Caught a few little bream and just one cat. Went to the dam and its was pretty dirty and a few people fishing already so I didnt stay. Someone give me a spot where I can catch some catfish!

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

You may want to try Cheniere Lake in south West Monroe. it is pronounced Shenny Lake. There are several areas that are parks (areas). I cannot remember all of them, but caught catfish there in my younger days. Try this link to start http://www.fishingworks.com/lakes/lo...cheniere-lake/

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I recently moved here to Ruston to go to school at Tech. Iv been looking for places to fish but havnt had much luck. I dont have a boat so all the fishing I will be doing will be from the bank. And I am most interested in catching catfish. I have tried lincoln parish twice with no luck on catfish and just a few little bream. I also tried lake claiborne and I fished around the camping area and caught a few cats but nothing too big. So my question is, where is the best place for me to go catch some catfish? What lake or pond? and where specifically on that lake or pond is a good place to try? Thanks alot!
    Come on guys!! One of you locals step up and take FishingDawg, this new young Tech student, fishing over there. Be a mentor!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I hear there are catfish farms in Louisiana.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Come on guys!! One of you locals step up and take FishingDawg, this new young Tech student, fishing over there. Be a mentor!
    Seriously folks! BTW: Here's a pic of Fishingdawg if this helps dispel any misconceptions...
    Fishing.jpg
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Thanks for posting up the picture of me markedawg, hopefully that will help me find a good place to fish! Noone has to take me, all I'm asking is for someone to give up one of their spots and help me out!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Seriously folks! BTW: Here's a pic of Fishingdawg if this helps dispel any misconceptions...
    Attachment 9478
    Thanks for posting up the picture of me markedawg, hopefully that will help me find a good place to fish! Noone has to take me, all I'm asking is for someone to give up one of their spots and help me out!
    I bet you get some offers from guys on here now that don't even fish. But they'll say they do because they're thinking....."well what if that really is FishingDawg?"".

+ Reply to Thread