+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to fish?

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Re: Where to fish?

Hey Fishingdawg..gonna be around Claiborne on Sunday?
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Puppy FishingDawg is an unknown

Not sure what I have planned for Sunday yet. This past weekend I went to D'Arbonne and fished kind of close to the spillway. Caught a few little cat and 4 good size bream. Had alot more action there then I have had at Claiborne around the state park. So Saturday I was going to head back out to D'Arbonne and try some cut shad or bream and see if I couldnt get me some bigger cats. I can be around Claiborne on Sunday though.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingDawg View Post
    Not sure what I have planned for Sunday yet. This past weekend I went to D'Arbonne and fished kind of close to the spillway. Caught a few little cat and 4 good size bream. Had alot more action there then I have had at Claiborne around the state park. So Saturday I was going to head back out to D'Arbonne and try some cut shad or bream and see if I couldnt get me some bigger cats. I can be around Claiborne on Sunday though.
    D'arbonne is much more well-known for catfishing with a pole or rod and reel than Claiborne is.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Didnt have much luck with the cut bream on D'arbonne saturday. Yesterday I went out to Lincoln Parish Park and fished infront of the dam side. Got out there about 3:30 and fished till 8 when they closed. Sucks they make you leave when its the best time to fish. Sat there all day catching very little bream and didnt have a bite on my catfish poles until about 7:45. Caught about a 2lb mud cat. Thats probably my 3rd time out there and thats the first catfish I have ever caught. Still on the search for a decent spot I can fish from the bank!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Make some local friends their on campus whose families have some FARM ponds - the fish in the ponds are getting a little "skinny" right now due to the heat, but they are still biting...

Talk to some of the folks over at the Tech Farm - they might could point you out a few "friendly" ponds -

Just remember in a pond - keep whatever you catch, don't throw the little ones back - it will increase the health of the pond and the size of the remaining fish
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

I wish I could find me a good pond to fish in. I know plenty of people, just having a hard time finding someone local. A buddy of mine took me to one a few weeks ago, but I can only go if hes with me and after an hour he was ready to leave so thats not going to work for me lol. And the owners came out there and said they think all the catfish died last summer when the pond got really low..

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingDawg View Post
    I wish I could find me a good pond to fish in. I know plenty of people, just having a hard time finding someone local. A buddy of mine took me to one a few weeks ago, but I can only go if hes with me and after an hour he was ready to leave so thats not going to work for me lol. And the owners came out there and said they think all the catfish died last summer when the pond got really low..
    I'm kinda late getting to this conversation, but I've been looking for some good bank fishing as I don't have a boat and really not a very experienced fisherman. I've been thinking about driving a bit and trying the banks of the Ouachita. maddawg gave me a few locations that I never tried out, and now I've forgotten where they are. Maybe we can try it together sometime. I'll most likely have my 9 year old in tow as well. I've been wanting to get into some nice sized catfish as well. If I come across some places, I'll let you know. I did download an app on my iphone called Fishing Spots that lets you set it to your geographic location and it updates with posts from others catching at local areas. It has different discussion topics as well. It's a pretty good app. and was free when I downloaded it, so it might still be. Anyway, if you find somewhere, please share, and I'll do the same.

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Befriend Dr. Edwin Davis. Vet in Ruston. He owns the finest catfish pond in Lincoln Parish.

+ Reply to Thread