+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Grilling

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Grilling

Grilled burgers tonight, but had a cast iron griddle on the grill grates. Really good way to hold flavor and get a really even cook. I like it.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

If any of you guys are looking for a good BBQ sauce, I just recently launched a cottage food business called Bent Tree BBQ. I primarily take orders through my Facebook page, but I will be bringing some stock with me to RhinoDawg's tent this Saturday if you'd like to try some before you buy. I have 3 recipes at the moment:

Original - like a table sauce, only better. Kid friendly and good on anything. It's the recipe that inspired me to start the business. $8 for a 12oz bottle

Settle Down Now - Texas-style sweet-heat sauce. Sweet up front with just a little kick at the end. Great for basting ribs or with a brisket. $8 for a 12oz bottle

Rowdy - If you like something a little bit out there, this one's for you. It's been described as part Caribbean Jerk with a BBQ flair. It's fruity and sweet, but also pretty spicy thanks to the habanero and a few other peppers. Great for pulled pork, hot wings, and BBQ shrimp. $9 for a 12oz bottle

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I have now learned that I like New York Strip the best of all the cuts of steak I cook at home. Pull off the grill at 133 and let it carry over to about 137. Tender, juicy, but I do impart a lot of flavor with kosher salt overnight, coarse black pepper, and garlic butter when I pull the steaks.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I have now learned that I like New York Strip the best of all the cuts of steak I cook at home. Pull off the grill at 133 and let it carry over to about 137. Tender, juicy, but I do impart a lot of flavor with kosher salt overnight, coarse black pepper, and garlic butter when I pull the steaks.
    Best cut for the money and my ususal go to. You lost me at kosher salt. I never guessed you were Jewish.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Best cut for the money and my ususal go to. You lost me at kosher salt. I never guessed you were Jewish.
    The Hebrews did get a few things right.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The word "Kosher" on a label is a gimmick. Morton Salt has a U with a circle around it....

The circled U or OU symbol on food labels is a kosher trademark indicating that the product is in accordance with Jewish dietary laws. The mark helps consumers keep a kosher kitchen when lacking firsthand knowledge of food processing procedures.

Salt is salt.

I just like that the granual is larger. I couldn’t care less about the rest of it

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

i'm pretty sure it's the size of the grains and the lack of iodide that makes it "kosher salt". it's not a gimmick. it's just the way people know that particular style of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i'm pretty sure it's the size of the grains and the lack of iodide that makes it "kosher salt". it's not a gimmick. it's just the way people know that particular style of salt.
    No. Kosher has nothing to do with the "style". As I noted above, kosher is indicating that the product is in accordance with Jewish dietary laws. That is done in various ways on the labels various foods. Example: Morton table salt is kosher, but they also have a marketing scheme (gimmick) that labels one of their products as "course kosher salt".

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    No. Kosher has nothing to do with the "style". As I noted above, kosher is indicating that the product is in accordance with Jewish dietary laws. That is done in various ways on the labels various foods. Example: Morton table salt is kosher, but they also have a marketing scheme (gimmick) that labels one of their products as "course kosher salt".
    there seems to be some confusion here. you "refuted" my claim while providing evidence that supports it. i know what the word "kosher" means without context. but "kosher salt" is course grain salt without iodide.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    there seems to be some confusion here. you "refuted" my claim while providing evidence that supports it. i know what the word "kosher" means without context. but "kosher salt" is course grain salt without iodide.
    Sea salt is grain salt w/out iodide, but it's not kosher.

i guess you proved me wrong...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosher_salt

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

The hot dogs at the Joe are definitely not Kosher.

Not sure they are hot dogs either

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Not sure they are hot dogs either
    They might of been...

Definitely not possum - not greasy enough...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread