+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Grilling

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Re: Grilling

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    My cooker consistently does the best ribs I've ever turned out. Did these this past Sunday afternoon. Lighter sauce is Carolina; darker is Sweet Baby Ray's.
    nadB, you are the Grillmeister! Saturday I did your fuse-burn in my Weber Kettle and it worked just as you said it would with perfect babyback ribs in 4 hours. Since I had measured the length of Saturday's bricket fuse, I was able to adjust and get 5 hours on Sunday for more ribs and the addition of several chicken leg quarters. Thanks for sharing your grilling wisdom!

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

So happy the fuse-burn worked well for you, ChipDog, and not surprised. It's a really neat way to low-and-slow with a kettle.

Wish I could claim "grilling wisdom", but I actually learned how to do it surfing the net.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    the meat thickness varies so much and there is a lot of bone
    not gonna do it ...

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    not gonna do it ...
    Go ahead. Just do it!

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Here's my new grill:

II christened it this past weekend. Cooked up 2 slabs of pork ribs, about 6-7 lbs of sausage, a whole chicken, and some King Mackerel. I was able to keep a constant 200-300 degree fire for about 4 hours, only adding a few coals every 30 minutes or so. So far, I am very pleased.

I think I might still look into a wood stove gasket and putting it around the lid to keep in the smoke and also keep excess heat from escaping. Saw it online and that is what someone did to fix the issue.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I want to do Fish, but my wife is pregnant and can only have it like once a month. I got three medium sized flounder perfect for the grill!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Love Sweet Baby Ray's sauce. Use that as a base sauce for other types of BBQ sauce. My favorite variation is to add pickled jalapeņos, tequila, and lime juice to SBR's, hit it with an immersion blender, and then put that over pulled pork shoulder or pulled rib meat in a flour tortilla. Top it with some Fuji apple coleslaw, and you have a delicious barbeque pork taco.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I want to do Fish, but my wife is pregnant and can only have it like once a month. I got three medium sized flounder perfect for the grill!
    Sounds like a good deal. More fish for you! She can have some chicken.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

I grilled up some snapping turtle on Sunday. We were just messing around but it turned out great. I'll do it again when I get another.

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    I grilled up some snapping turtle on Sunday. We were just messing around but it turned out great. I'll do it again when I get another.
    Details. We need way more details!

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Love Sweet Baby Ray's sauce. Use that as a base sauce for other types of BBQ sauce. My favorite variation is to add pickled jalapeņos, tequila, and lime juice to SBR's, hit it with an immersion blender, and then put that over pulled pork shoulder or pulled rib meat in a flour tortilla. Top it with some Fuji apple coleslaw, and you have a delicious barbeque pork taco.
    What will you be doing with that big Red Fish you caught? And will it involve SBR's (which I also love)?

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    What will you be doing with that big Red Fish you caught? And will it involve SBR's (which I also love)?
    Blackened with lemon-butter-cream-garlic-caper sauce.

Yesterday as I was driving along I notice something offthe side of the road that looked as if it could be a good quality item. So as I hit the brakes and steered for the shoulder my brain assembled theimage of, what was left of, a kettle-type grill. Now I havebeen in command of my own Silver Series 22.5 Weber Kettle for manyyears, so try to imagine how excited I was to find this carcass of a GoldSeries 22.5" with much of it still intact. As I walked along the shoulder of the road, I first came to the dome whichwas laid to rest approximately 10 yards farther down the road from the torso,as it had taken what appeared to be a brutal direct hit – it was almostunrecognizable – I quickly looked away. Then I approached the torso. Thelegs were all mangled, one had been blown completely off two were just barelyhanging on with the undercarriage almost completely destroyed. But it seems that all of the premium partsthat make up the lower unit (which is the difference between a Silver and aGold) are in good shape. After one morecup of coffee I’ll mosey on out to the shop and attempt some surgery. Any leftover parts will be up for grabs, first-come-first-serve.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Yesterday as I was driving along I notice something offthe side of the road that looked as if it could be a good quality item. So as I hit the brakes and steered for the shoulder my brain assembled theimage of, what was left of, a kettle-type grill. Now I havebeen in command of my own Silver Series 22.5 Weber Kettle for manyyears, so try to imagine how excited I was to find this carcass of a GoldSeries 22.5" with much of it still intact. As I walked along the shoulder of the road, I first came to the dome whichwas laid to rest approximately 10 yards farther down the road from the torso,as it had taken what appeared to be a brutal direct hit – it was almostunrecognizable – I quickly looked away. Then I approached the torso. Thelegs were all mangled, one had been blown completely off two were just barelyhanging on with the undercarriage almost completely destroyed. But it seems that all of the premium partsthat make up the lower unit (which is the difference between a Silver and aGold) are in good shape. After one morecup of coffee I’ll mosey on out to the shop and attempt some surgery. Any leftover parts will be up for grabs, first-come-first-serve.
    It is just SO GREAT to start the day off reading such about such a thrilling adventure, ChipDog. I eagerly await your account of the next episode and hope for some pictures to be posted to enhance my mental images.

TIA !!!

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Details. We need way more details!
    Sure, we were boiling crawfish and already having a good time. I had the guy in the ice chest with water for a couple of days to clean him out. After getting the meat out I "marinaded" it for 30 minutes in the fridge with some Worcester sauce, garlic powder, Tony's, cayenne, salt. I just threw it together so I'm not too sure. The grill we used didn't have big gaps, so if you you're using a regular grill surface I'd recommend using foil to keep the meat from falling through. It was good with and without sauce....kinda like grilling chicken. It wasn't anything you can fill up on, just something I wanted to try. It'll add a story to your BBQ for sure, plus it tasted great!

***before cleaning it, I dunked it in boiling water for 5 seconds to help get the skin off.

+ Reply to Thread