+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MLS in San Antonio sometime?

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

MLS in San Antonio sometime?

I know not many folks on here follow pro soccer, and admittedly I don't really either. However, I'm in San Antonio and any new major league sports franchise is a cool thing. There's been a decent bit of buzz here about the new soccer team that is now #1 in the NASL (top minor league below Major League Soccer), and the attendance and season tickets are better than that of some MLS teams. The new stadium's plans are even updated now to include more seating, because attendance has been ahead of projections thus far, plus the team is kicking serious butt for being a new expansion team. The San Antonio Scorpions FC even defeated the MLS Houston Dynamo recently.

I noticed that the MLS Western division(or conference or whatever it's called) has 9 teams, and the Eastern has 10... Support is predicted to be negatively impacted here if soccer stays in the NASL instead of MLS, but since there's so much money and potential here, and with San Antonio blowing away the rest of the league right now in on-field play and attendance, I wonder if the MLS will come calling? They called up Montreal last year, so it could happen...

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I may have to go to either our game with Atlanta on June 30th, or with Edmonton on July 4th. The game on the 30th is a doubleheader, with Game 2 being two Mexican Primera League teams: CF Monterrey vs San Luis FC.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: MLS in San Antonio sometime?

Probably so. In Texas, especially that part, there are tons and tons and tons (yes, if you put them all on a giant scale their combined weight would be tons and tons....) of Mexicans. Some legal, some not, who always manage, no matter how poor we think they are, to get (buy?) tickets for soccer matches. SA would do very well in MLS. And, it'll happen.

+ Reply to Thread