+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech to demolish 9 buildings

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Thumbs Up Tech to demolish 9 buildings

The UL System approved Tech's request to demolish 9 buildings:
    - Neilson Hall
    - Caruthers Hall
    - Hutcheson Hall
    - 6 married student housing buildings on South Campus

The area will be used for parking (I assume Hutcheson) and recreational fields (I assume Neilson and Caruthers).

Champ967's meltdown in 3, 2, 1...

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Tech to demolish 9 buildings

They are tearing down the Hut?!!! NOOOOOooo.

Once in the Hut, you come out a Slut.

Big Dog TN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to all

First I heard about the HUT. But lets face it, it needed to be brought down when I was there almost 20 years ago. No amount of paint or bleach would get that place any better than a condemned status.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    - Neilson Hall
    - Caruthers Hall
    - Hutcheson Hall

The area will be used for parking (I assume Hutcheson) and recreational fields (I assume Neilson and Caruthers).

Wow, this is first I've heard of Hut being torn down, they remodeled 2 of the floors completely back in 03, but it does need to go the bottom floor floods quite often. Maybe they will renovate the other two across from Cott (just went blank). And married housing was a dump, just a bunch of little duplexes that have been past due for tear down.
    Last edited by GermDawg; 06-20-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

It's about time!!

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

- Neilson Hall
    - Caruthers Hall
    - Hutcheson Hall

There is/was a sign up near the east side of Caruthers Hall talking about how the area would be some sort of green space sometime in the future. I think that's where the recreational fields will be.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Wow, this is first I've heard of Hut being torn down, they remodeled 2 of the floors completely less back in 03, but it does need to go the bottom floor floods quite often. Maybe they will renovate the other two across from Cott (just went blank).
    Jenkins and McFarland?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Wow, this is first I've heard of Hut being torn down, they remodeled 2 of the floors completely less back in 03, but it does need to go the bottom floor floods quite often. Maybe they will renovate the other two across from Cott (just went blank). And married housing was a dump, just a bunch of little duplexes that have been past due for tear down.
    Are you talking about Jenkins and McFarland? It's been a really long time since anybody has lived in either of those. Tech just uses them for storage.

Caruthers closed in 2004 but was reopened for Tulane and hurricane evacuees in 2005.
    Neilson closed in 2008.
    Married student housing closed in 2009.
    Hutcheson closed in 2011.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, this is first I've heard of Hut being torn down, they remodeled 2 of the floors completely less back in 03, but it does need to go the bottom floor floods quite often. Maybe they will renovate the other two across from Cott (just went blank). And married housing was a dump, just a bunch of little duplexes that have been past due for tear down.

Also the demolition costs are estimated to be $1,600,000 and paid for by the recently passed student-assessed Enhancement Fee.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Also the demolition costs are estimated to be $1,600,000 and paid for by the recently passed student-assessed Enhancement Fee.
    I will do it for a cool million!!!!!

There has got to be a movie in the making or soon to be in the making that needs to blow some buildings up........Tech could be making money instead of spending money on this.......though, it is Louisiana education system!!!!!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06
    What's that prayer they do in AA about the things I can't change?

I think this is a huge mistake and a colossal waste of scarce public resources.

But that's all I have left to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

Dan Reneau: "Due to age, design, and condition of these facilities, it is not cost effective to renovate them for other use. We believe that these buildings no longer serve a purpose on the campus and present themselves as a liability to the campus community."

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Are you talking about Jenkins and McFarland? It's been a really long time since anybody has lived in either of those. Tech just uses them for storage.

Caruthers closed in 2004 but was reopened for Tulane and hurricane evacuees in 2005.
    Neilson closed in 2009.
    Married student housing closed in 2009.
    Hutcheson closed in 2011.

FIFY :P I was in the last group of 700+ guys to be in Neilson.... I hope they eventually figure out who the retard who kept setting fires in the dorm was >_>

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

No, pray tell, you must say more. I'm ignorant, genuinely mean that. Why wouldn't we tear down those buildings. I just assumed all along that was the right thing to do. For the first time, I know there is an issue.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

+ Reply to Thread