+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Tech to demolish 9 buildings

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech to demolish 9 buildings

I was also one of the first occupants that fall of 1968. I didn't have a roommate that year. Just goes to show how much housing had improved since the fall of 1965 when there were three of us in a room in Richardson. I was also in Caruthers the year before.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I was also one of the first occupants that fall of 1968. I didn't have a roommate that year. Just goes to show how much housing had improved since the fall of 1965 when there were three of us in a room in Richardson. I was also in Caruthers the year before.
    I had two roommates in Hale Hall my freshman year as well. Steam radiators, no A/C, but I loved it!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Neilson, Caruthers and Married Student Housing by Tech Farm. All are gone now. :bigcry: Those were really great memories but in all honesty they should have been torn down before I moved into them in the mid 70's.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in both in the early 80's. Both were in bad shape then and I ended up renting a house my Soph. year. As bad as they were when I was there, I did enjoy my time there and made great friends. By the time my son moved in, though, they looked like the projects - maybe worse. I remember moving him into Neilson and the rooms being SO much smaller than what I had remembered. LOL I was shocked at how run down they were. I felt like I was leaving him in a worn torn country that day. He didn't stay in the dorm long.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Caruthers and Nielson were much nicer when new. As far back as I remember Hale was always a dump. My brother stayed there as a freshman in 1962 and of course I had friends that stayed there. It literally stank of urine and cigarette smoke. The wooden floors were completely covered with marks where guys stomped out their butts. I thought the most unusual was Robinson which didn't have a central hall way. It seems the rooms were off landings and you entered from the outside. I never went in there so I'm not sure. Thatcher was a classical dorm, too. All the dorms were full my freshman year even the old "barracks" by the water tower. I did know some guys who stayed there. We thought we were lucky to be in Richardson or Cottingham althought they weren't air conditioned either. Jenkins/McFarland were for upper classmen, mostly sohomores with Sr.s and Jr.s in Mitchell or Hutchinson.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

[attach=config]11175

First time I've been able to upload a photo taken on my phone. Took this yesterday. Crews were loading out debris but no crane action.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread