+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: LA Tech Campus Pics

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Campus Pics

Yeah Nethken looks much more presentable now, but it pales in comparison to newly built Tech Pointe across the street. Nethken doesn't have any landscaping at all; it is just grass up to the building. It really needs some kind of shrubs/flowers/plants to liven it up.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    Yeah Nethken looks much more presentable now, but it pales in comparison to newly built Tech Pointe across the street. Nethken doesn't have any landscaping at all; it is just grass up to the building. It really needs some kind of shrubs/flowers/plants to liven it up.
    Nethken, aka the public bathroom, needs to be demolished. I think the new integrated engineering should be built in Nethken's place instead of trying to squeeze it in between Bogard and Tech Pointe.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    Thanks for sharing these. I love the refurbished pilars and the fact old bricks from Hale were used. I didn't know those have been around 100 years. Seems like a new tradition waiting to happen.
    Pillars denote entrance

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

I know I am bumping a really old thread, but i didn’t want to start a new one and looked to find one on a similar subject. Has anyone been on campus lately? I am assuming the groundskeepers are non-essential, but i was so depressed. Took the grandkids around town looking for the bulldog statues. We parked by the statue on Wisteria and then walked up looking for my bricks. Of course, it was deserted, but it looked like a zombie town, like those pics you see online of abandoned buildings, eery. The fence around Harper didn’t help. I suppose they managed to mow now and then, but that was it. Flowerbeds full of weeds, dead flowers, dying azaleas, random trash, etc. Was same way by dog at intramural center. Will take a lot of work when they go back. I was just shocked, surprised, and depressed that after these 4 months our beautiful campus looks so awful. I guess i hadn’t thought about and assumed they could still social distance in the outside air and keep it looking nice. Almost made me want to cry.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    I know I am bumping a really old thread, but i didn’t want to start a new one and looked to find one on a similar subject. Has anyone been on campus lately? I am assuming the groundskeepers are non-essential, but i was so depressed. Took the grandkids around town looking for the bulldog statues. We parked by the statue on Wisteria and then walked up looking for my bricks. Of course, it was deserted, but it looked like a zombie town, like those pics you see online of abandoned buildings, eery. The fence around Harper didn’t help. I suppose they managed to mow now and then, but that was it. Flowerbeds full of weeds, dead flowers, dying azaleas, random trash, etc. Was same way by dog at intramural center. Will take a lot of work when they go back. I was just shocked, surprised, and depressed that after these 4 months our beautiful campus looks so awful. I guess i hadn’t thought about and assumed they could still social distance in the outside air and keep it looking nice. Almost made me want to cry.
    That's pretty sad and not typical. I work on a college campus and our outdoor crew is the one group that I think has worked almost the whole time. They keep the flowers up even when no one is around. That's been my experience on other college campuses as well.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    Thanks for bumping this thread. It's a good summer read from 8 years ago.

Regarding campus beautification, there is a plan that's part of the current capital projects plan for the university (at least what's being rolled out on the website). See below. It dovetails with the Noble Trees project from 2018.

Also, I suspect Tech will put a call out for volunteers for a Saturday morning clean up at some point in the future.

Campus Beautification

$10 million capital investment, plus 10 named endowments of $50,000
    To ensure that future generations of Louisiana Tech alumni continue to be charmed by the “pleasant walks and noble trees” of Louisiana Tech’s alma mater, campus beautification is a 21st Century Campus priority. Projects include a renovation of the historical campus quadrangle, enhanced campus entrances, and a major initiative to develop “Tech Green,” a green, pedestrian-friendly corridor in the center of campus. In addition, we seek 10 donors to create $50,000 endowments that will sustain and enhance special gardens, which can be named for the donors or their designees. Together, these endowments will generate about $20,000 a year, which will support annual landscape expenses and ensure the gardens are beautifully maintained for generations to come.

https://www.latech.edu/forever-loyal/capital-projects/

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

You may need to be Dr. Guice’s friend to view this, I am not sure. But here is a visual of what the current Mitchell area on Tech Drive will look like in the future.

https://www.facebook.com/10000058780...609061627/?d=n

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    You may need to be Dr. Guice’s friend to view this, I am not sure. But here is a visual of what the current Mitchell area on Tech Drive will look like in the future.

https://www.facebook.com/10000058780...609061627/?d=n
    Looks good. And I assume Tech Drive will remain as is, a major thoroughfare.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Man, at least we're not trying to do this: https://www.independent.com/2021/10/...csb-mega-dorm/

Can you imagine paying California tuition rates to be right by the ocean and getting stuck in a little cubicle with no window?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Man, at least we're not trying to do this: https://www.independent.com/2021/10/...csb-mega-dorm/

Can you imagine paying California tuition rates to be right by the ocean and getting stuck in a little cubicle with no window?
    What in the Black Mirror dystopian hell-world is this?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    What in the Black Mirror dystopian hell-world is this?
    Rich guy had what he thought was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Rich guy had what he thought was a good idea.
    10 words that have always worked out great throughout history, right?

+ Reply to Thread