+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Tech Campus Pics

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

LA Tech Campus Pics

A couple of weeks ago I passed through Ruston on my way to New Orleans. I was able to snap some pics of our campus. Just want to share.

The new Business building is nice. Also, they are adding brick intersections on Homer St.I love the new landscaping

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Campus Pics

Please edit down your post if you are quoting my posted pics. No one wants to see a ton of repeated pics.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    The new Business building is nice.
    It's certainly an upgrade over the old CAB, but I'm not a fan of the new business building. Tile belongs in the bathroom or on the kitchen floor, not covering the exterior of any building on Tech's campus. Big mistake IMO. Also, I don't like how there is no prominent entrance at the front-center of the building. I think we could have done much better, but we are stuck with it for the next 50 years.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 06-22-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    It's certainly an upgrade over the old CAB, but I'm not a fan of the new business building. Tile belongs in the bathroom or on kitchen floor, not covering the exterior of any building on Tech's campus. Big mistake IMO. Also, I don't like how there is no prominent entrance at the front-center of the building. I think we could have done much better.
    I expected you to post something negative. Geez dude, give it a rest.

I liked it. The business building is quite nice.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I expected you to post something negative. Geez dude, give it a rest.

I liked it. The business building is quite nice.
    Give it a rest? Really? I posted an opinion in one post that happened to be different from yours.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

Tile belongs in the bathroom or on kitchen floor
    And on every single square inch inside of Carson-Taylor and Nethken Halls.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Is it me, or seeing all these new buildings, it seems like they don't go together. I'm no architect, but it seems like they're a mishmash of styles---again. The new pool area looks just tacked onto the old Lambright Center. Is it supposed to match the modern SEZ? Buti should ride slowly again through campus and analyze it more closely and maybe I'll change my mind. I hope so. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad we have new construction.

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    Is it me, or seeing all these new buildings, it seems like they don't go together. I'm no architect, but it seems like they're a mishmash of styles---again. The new pool area looks just tacked onto the old Lambright Center. Is it supposed to match the modern SEZ? Buti should ride slowly again through campus and analyze it more closely and maybe I'll change my mind. I hope so. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad we have new construction.
    Watch out! QNG will get you.

(BTW I agree with what you are saying. Just about every building has a different style, and I think that's a mistake.)

The only campus that I'm pretty familiar with besides Tech is Arkansas. A lot of their buildings are different in style. Nothing really goes together, and it's a beautiful campus.

Watch out! QNG will get you.

(BTW I agree with what you are saying. Just about every building has a different style, and I think that's a mistake.)
    Go f*** yourself.

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

It's certainly an upgrade over the old CAB, but I'm not a fan of the new business building. Tile belongs in the bathroom or on the kitchen floor, not covering the exterior of any building on Tech's campus. Big mistake IMO. Also, I don't like how there is no prominent entrance at the front-center of the building. I think we could have done much better, but we are stuck with it for the next 50 years.
    I'm gonna agree with D06 on this one. The first thing I noticed was the tile and it looks bad. One may not be able to tell from the pics but in person it sticks out like a sore thumb. I also don't like the 2 round columns side by side. It does not go with the style of the rest of the building. Being an architect, I was fairly disappointed that this was approved and built on our campus.

+ Reply to Thread