+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Tech Campus Pics

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Campus Pics

Quote Originally Posted by techblue4 View Post
    I'm sorry but it does make a difference. I'm not saying your opinion is not valid, I'm just giving credibility to mine. There is a reason we go see dentists about a toothache and not the plumber.

I have a higher standard that I set when it comes to my university. I never said the building is a bad design, just that it could have been done better, and that details that should have tied it in with the rest of the buildings on campus were overlooked.

One last professional recommendation to you, go see the building in person and take it in with the surrounding campus buildings, then let me know what you think.
    you're still arguing a matter of taste. you don't go to a dentist to ask if your teeth look good.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Call me the minority, but I drove by the new CAB this weekend and I thought it looked fantastic. Very impressive. I don't mind the tile. Didn't even notice it.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    just because you don't like the style doesn't mean it's a bad design.
    cough, cough ... kiddneilsoncaruthershutchinson ... cough, cough

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The renovation of Hale Hall, to preserve the historic integrity, was done right.
    Splitting hairs, but ...

That was a reconstruction. Not a renovation. The original was destroyed and replaced with a very meticulous copy.

But the historic integrity was not preserved. It was replicated.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Splitting hairs, but ...

That was a reconstruction. Not a renovation. The original was destroyed and replaced with a very meticulous copy.

But the historic integrity was not preserved. It was replicated.
    Yep....splitting hairs.

But, fine, thanks for the correction.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

cough, cough ... kiddneilsoncaruthershutchinson ... cough, cough
    Poor functionality, on the other hand, seems like it might be a slightly more sound basis for the assertion that a building suffers from poor design.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Poor functionality, on the other hand, seems like it might be a slightly more sound basis for the assertion that a building suffers from poor design.
    How confident are you that the ivory tower did its due diligence? You're taking the word of career bureaucrat / chemist.

I'll wager a t-shirt that no professionals with real-world experience in adaptive reuse (be it architect, contractor, or developer) were afforded the opportunity to evaluate the structures in question.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

How confident are you that the ivory tower did its due diligence? You're taking the word of career bureaucrat / chemist.

I'll wager a t-shirt that no professionals with real-world experience in adaptive reuse (be it architect, contractor, or developer) were afforded the opportunity to evaluate the structures in question.
    I have no idea how the functionality of the to-be-demolished buildings compares to other similar buildings (in age or purpose).

And I don't know how much of the obvious issues were a problem with design vs. upkeep or whether some of those problems could have been fixed.

But Neilson had serious HVAC issues and the elevators were notorious. Maybe those things (and whatever other problems there are with the list of buildings that are coming down) could have been fixed or weren't initial design issues.

But if the functions aren't functioning . . .

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    But if the functions aren't functioning . . .
    If this were any other thread, I would twss you for that.

But since the dorms are one of the few things on the board I'm serious about ...

Big Dog TN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to all

IMO, the 6th one from the bottom is more in line with the arch of today. At least with the new buildings around Nashville. What does the motel 6 house?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TN Dawg 13 View Post
    IMO, the 6th one from the bottom is more in line with the arch of today. At least with the new buildings around Nashville. What does the motel 6 house?
    I think you are talking about Tech Pointe. It's part of the Enterprise Campus Research Park.

Big Dog TN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I think you are talking about Tech Pointe. It's part of the Enterprise Campus Research Park.
    Think that is it. It just screams hotel to me. If it was a little narrower, I would try and check in thinking it was a Hampton Inn. Don't get me wrong, I think it is okay but I am on the boarder about the tile at the top. It does try and tie the old in with the new.

But it is new construction - and not a portable double wide - at Tech so I like it.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

The only thing I see in those pics that is unattractive is what I assume to be the wall around the chillers on the new business building. Looks like it would fit in quite well over at Neilson/Carruthers.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I passed through Ruston on my way to New Orleans. I was able to snap some pics of our campus. Just want to share.

The new Business building is nice. Also, they are adding brick intersections on Homer St.I love the new landscaping

I love what they've done to the front of the Art Building/Old Cafeteria. Looks great. That place had been neglected for a long time.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I love what they've done to the front of the Art Building/Old Cafeteria. Looks great. That place had been neglected for a long time.
    The retaining wall doesn't match the look of the campus! It's awful!

Just kidding, it does look great.

+ Reply to Thread