+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: LA Tech Campus Pics

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Campus Pics

Quote Originally Posted by techblue4 View Post
    Be careful not to mistake a building that is new with a building that looks good. Some cannot make that distinction.
    I'd submit the converse is also true.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I was on campus today, and I must say I was pretty pleased with the way things look. Certainly they could look better if there were plenty of money and plenty of water available, but ...
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    University Hall is a good example. With the 2010 renovation, this building (the old Prescott Library) is a credit to our university. Very nice.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I agree with that.

Puppy ULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

That view of the Biomedical Engineering building is very nice. So will the integrated engineering building consolidate some of the others, such as your electrical and mechanical, civil buildings? At UL, we just have one large Engineering building. It could use some refurbishing, it looks like an old 60/70's era building. I prefer the look of the older type buildings, like your original engineering building or the more modern ones, like your Biomedical building. I don't know what those people were thinking back in the 60's or 70's, because they made some ugly looking buildings that don't have that lasting appeal.

Puppy ULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULgrad@HOU Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by baw011 View Post
    until we have constitutional non-discretionary funding reform, I don't see the bolded statement above changing.

according to http://www.doa.louisiana.gov/opb/pub...tiveBudget.pdf

TOTAL STATE GENERAL FUND EXPENDITURES $8,406,700,000

TOTAL NON-DISCRETIONARY
    $5,981,600,148

Constitution - 3,729,161,105
    Due to Court Order - 3,338,936
    Avoidance of Court Order - 262,125,052
    Appropriated Debt Service - 82,271,794
    Due to Federal Mandate - 898,003,602
    Statutory Obligations - 249,892,053
    Subject to Legislative Discretion - 219,414,412
    Unavoidable Obligations - 537,393,194
    You are absolutely right. The last constitutional makeover was heavy on the social programs, but not enough for higher education. The only way that will change is for the leaders of the state to push for a change and get the public behind it for a vote. Not likely, but needs to happen.

I'm not sure what the "Avoidance of Court Order" is, but that looks to be on the high side. Louisiana is not a rich state, so new funds are hard to come by. It's hard to get the general public behind supporting the University's when they don't see that immediate return on the dollar. Putting money into the higher education system is an investment that will have huge returns in the future. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is. Those that want a change must continue to push for a change. Maybe one day it will happen.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ULgrad@HOU View Post
    That view of the Biomedical Engineering building is very nice. So will the integrated engineering building consolidate some of the others, such as your electrical and mechanical, civil buildings? At UL, we just have one large Engineering building. It could use some refurbishing, it looks like an old 60/70's era building. I prefer the look of the older type buildings, like your original engineering building or the more modern ones, like your Biomedical building. I don't know what those people were thinking back in the 60's or 70's, because they made some ugly looking buildings that don't have that lasting appeal.
    None of those departments will be housed in the integrated engineering and science building. It will be just for freshman and sophomore engineering. That's where all the freshmen engineering courses, sophomore engineering courses (statics, circuits, thermo), calculus, physics, and chemistry classes, labs, offices, and meeting rooms will be. It will house a metal shop, wood shop, prototype shop, and coffee shop.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I am not. In fact, In the past I have voted for Reagan, Bush I & II, and Jindal twice.
    I didn't ask you who you voted for. I asked you if you are a Democrat.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I didn't ask you who you voted for. I asked you if you are a Democrat.
    Question: Are you a Democrat?
    Answer: I am not...blah, blah, blah.

That hardly seems an attempt to obfuscate.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Our original engineering building houses mechanical, civil, chemical, and industrial engineering.

Biomedical engineering

Nanosystems engineering

Electrical engineering

In about a year we will begin construction on a new $15 million integrated engineering building.

These four pillars have marked the main entrance to campus for over 100 years. The tops were just recently restored with the original bricks from Hale Hall that was built in 1898.
    How recent are these pictures? Those hedges in front of NH must be new.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    How recent are these pictures? Those hedges in front of NH must be new.
    The pic of the pillars is from about a week or two ago.

The pic of the biomed engr building is from a year or two ago.

I'm not sure about any of the others.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

The pic of the pillars is from about a week or two ago.

The pic of the biomed engr building is from a year or two ago.

I'm not sure about any of the others.
    Ok thanks. Cuz the hedges haven't been there for two years at least. just curious.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Nethken looks way better now. It's been washed, and the windows replaced, and no hedges.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Our original engineering building houses mechanical, civil, chemical, and industrial engineering.

Biomedical engineering

Nanosystems engineering

Electrical engineering

In about a year we will begin construction on a new $15 million integrated engineering building.

These four pillars have marked the main entrance to campus for over 100 years. The tops were just recently restored with the original bricks from Hale Hall that was built in 1898.
    Thanks for sharing these. I love the refurbished pilars and the fact old bricks from Hale were used. I didn't know those have been around 100 years. Seems like a new tradition waiting to happen.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    I didn't know those have been around 100 years.
    Yep. Most likely the original American Bulldog walked between those columns that fateful evening in 1899.

+ Reply to Thread