+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wac - 2013

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Wac - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    When emoticons are overused, they start to lose their meaning. And many of them are pretty darn ambiguous to begin with. Moreoever, it is often difficult to ascertain whether an emoticon is being used to indicate actual emotion, or if it's just being used as cover to make what would otherwise be a jerkwad statement.

So yes TT, I noticed it. But you'll pardon me if the intent was lost on me.

Going forward, I would respectfully submit that the most effective way to express your disinterest in a given topic or thread is to simply NOT participate in the discussion. It costs you nothing, takes no effort on your part, and your friends and colleagues wont be belittled or insulted by a snooty, condescending non-opinion.

Finally, I'd like to clarify that the above rant this is not directed solely at TT. I'm looking at you too, HD. Ya big dumbass. :icon_wink:

Thank you Champ967. Fact is, if I commented with an emoticon every time you said something silly, the final literary results would exceed the size of "Gone with the Wind". You never cease to NOT amaze me. :icon_wink:

HD

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Thanks HD! The feeling is mutual! :icon_wink:

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Thanks HD! The feeling is mutual! :icon_wink:
    .....For example......:icon_wink:.........

HD

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    A couple wildcards for the WAC might be Abilene Christian and Incarnate Word.

The WAC can get to 10 members in the western half of the US with the addition of Abilene Christian, Cal State Bakersfield, Incarnate Word, Utah Valley, and Texas Pan American.

That way they won't have to invite Chicago State and NJIT.
    No. I haven't seen anything indicating Dallas Baptist has any desire to move their entire athletic program to Division I.

It looks like UNO, Abilene Christian, and Incarnate Word all applied to the Southland Conference. Abilene Christian and Incarnate Word are currently Division II schools.
    http://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf...officials.html

With the SLC set to have 11 members in 2013, I think the Southland will just add 1 member to get to 12. I would think that UNO would be the obvious choice, which would leave Abilene Christian and Incarnate Word without a Division I home. But maybe the SLC wants to go to 14 members. I don't know.
    The WAC wouldn't need an exemption if they add Cal State Bakersfield, Texas Pan American, and Utah Valley. That would put the WAC at 8 DI members in the western half of the US, and they wouldn't have to add Chicago State and NJIT.

The addition of Abilene Christian and Incarnate Word (assuming they don't receive SLC invites) would get the WAC up to 10 members and could save the WAC down the road when they eventually lose programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by parialex View Post
    The problem with ACU and UIW is that both have football programs and I haven't seen any indication that they want to give them up. I'm pretty far out, though, so have they said otherwise? I am a little surprised that Angelo State took a pass, since they have a profile problem, but I guess the finances don't allow for it at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    But those Division II additions might not count toward saving the WAC for as long as 8 years. And those schools could not qualify for the Big Dance for at least those 8 years....big disincentive to moving up. And the transition period is 4 years.
    Incarnate Word will move up to DI and join the Southland...

http://www.southland.org/News/tabid/...nate-word.aspx

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Abilene Christian received an invite from the Southland as well... It looks like their announcement will be made on Saturday...

http://www.acusports.com/news/2012/8...820121920.aspx

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

WAC to drop football after 2012 season, commissioner Hurd says

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...er-2012-season

Big Dog TN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to all

Since this has taken a turn toward the yellow faces....

Shouldn't 40% of the posts on here end with or

And then the next 50% followed by .

The other 10% are just IMO, IMHO, LOL'd, WTF, etc which could be followed by numerous :icon_wink:123.gif etc....

Just my 2 cents...

Varsity Bulldog DelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by TN Dawg 13 View Post
    Since this has taken a turn toward the yellow faces....

Shouldn't 40% of the posts on here end with or

And then the next 50% followed by .

The other 10% are just IMO, IMHO, LOL'd, WTF, etc which could be followed by numerous :icon_wink:Attachment 9690 etc....

Just my 2 cents...
    None of the posts on this board should ever end with IMHO.

My guess at the WAC 2013:
    - Boise State
    - Cal State Bakersfield
    - Denver
    - Idaho
    - New Mexico State
    - Seattle
    - Texas Pan American
    - Utah Valley
    The WAC reportedly invites Cal State Bakersfield and Utah Valley...

http://www.heraldextra.com/sports/co...a4bcf887a.html

http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.co...tic-Conference

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

The WAC has been a very good thorn-in-the-side-of-the-big-boys conference.

It's demise is due to jealousy and greed on the part of the schools who have been a part of it.

Very sad.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post

It's demise is due to jealousy and greed on the part of the schools who have been a part of it.

Very sad.
    I don't totally disagree, but the common denominator for all years is Karl Benson and his lack of leadership. I think teams (including Boise) were running from him.

It's amazing that all the high intellects allowed him to stay in place so long.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Who the hell are they? The WAC should just disband

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Who the hell are they? The WAC should just disband
    thats what they said about Tech & Boise, ya know ...

My guess at the WAC 2013:
    - Boise State
    - Cal State Bakersfield
    - Denver
    - Idaho
    - New Mexico State
    - Seattle
    - Texas Pan American
    - Utah Valley
    Texas Pan American joins the WAC!

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...c-invited-join

Grand Canyon U was definitely not on my radar.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Boise State should be proud to be in that group.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread