+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOX Sports New Orleans

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

FOX Sports New Orleans

FOX Sports New Orleans will launch in October and will be available to over 1.6 million cable and satellite TV homes.

Oh, and it will feature C-USA games.

http://www.nba.com/hornets/news/horn...012_06_25.html

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: FOX Sports New Orleans

Heard Nick White saying that it would basically be FSW w/ the Hornets and CUSA preempting regular FSW programming. Not too excited about the Hornet thing, but I understand the reasoning.

My concern is with Monroe/WM Comcast and their ability to be consistent in programing. They can't get things right now.

Big Dog dj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant future

Not sure about this because I love watching my Rangers everynight. DirecTV has the Dallas feed as my local right now, so I don't have to get MLB extra innings. Would hate to lose that for Hornets basketball that I would never watch. Betting that CUSA games that are on Fox New Orleans would be on Fox Sports Southwest too because of all of the Texas teams in CUSA now.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I'm hoping that here in San Antonio since utsa will be in C-USA, Fox SW will have the C-USA games. With all the Fox sports channels here on Time Warner you would think they would sacrifice one for this. Maybe the Fox Curling Channel would be a good one to switch.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Heard Nick White saying that it would basically be FSW w/ the Hornets and CUSA preempting regular FSW programming. Not too excited about the Hornet thing, but I understand the reasoning.

My concern is with Monroe/WM Comcast and their ability to be consistent in programing. They can't get things right now.
    I figured FOX Sports New Orleans would be more likely to carry Tech games than FOX Sports Southwest. Maybe this isn't as exciting as I thought. I don't watch the NBA anymore. I bet most folks in North Louisiana don't even realize Louisiana has an NBA team.

My guess is that all the Louisiana markets except for Shreveport will carry FS New Orleans. Hattiesburg is not part of the FOX Sports Southwest region. When you add up all the tv households in Louisiana minus the Shreveport market, you get the 1.6 million tv households. I think Shreveport will probably still show the Mavs and the regular FOX Sports Southwest programming.

WWDog --

All of these FOX Sports regional networks currently carry C-USA games:
    FOX Sports South, SportSouth, FOX Sports Carolinas, FOX Sports Tennessee, FOX Sports Southwest, FOX Sports Houston, FOX Sports Oklahoma, FOX Sports Florida, and Sun Sports.

Now FOX Sports New Orleans will be added to the lineup.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

'06 the concern here in West Monroe is that Comcast is controlled out of Jackson which does not carry FoxSW. After complaining for years that FoxSSE(?) programming shows up on our screen. We never know when we might get the Jackson feed instead of the intended Monroe feed. It could be a cluster when Comcast has three networks to shuffle around here.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I would bet this will be a totally new channel for those of us with DISH or DirecTV. I hope so. This could be really good news for more Tech games and for those who like the Hornets.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dj95 View Post
    Not sure about this because I love watching my Rangers everynight. DirecTV has the Dallas feed as my local right now, so I don't have to get MLB extra innings. Would hate to lose that for Hornets basketball that I would never watch. Betting that CUSA games that are on Fox New Orleans would be on Fox Sports Southwest too because of all of the Texas teams in CUSA now.
    Well Hornet's basketball is done when the playoffs start. So from basically May 1st through the season, you'll have all the Rangers baseball that you want.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

If you have satellite I don't think it wil be an issue. You will probably have the Hornets on one channel and the Rangers on another. If you are on cable and they don't provide more than one channel, then you will have issues.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Maddawg will have MORE issues, he already has ISSUES....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

The Hornets are going to be Da Bomb after the draft last night.

Big Dog dj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Well Hornet's basketball is done when the playoffs start. So from basically May 1st through the season, you'll have all the Rangers baseball that you want.
    Except that if Fox New Orleans becomes our "regional" affiliate I would have to pay to get Rangers games that I get included on my current tv package. Still aggravated over listening to 7 innings of one of the Rangers World Series games while out trick or treating with my kids and then had it preempted by 97.7 ESPN for Hornets preseason basketball.

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

I hope some idiot in New York isn't deciding for me. I want Rangers. Could care less about Hornets or anyone in NBA.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I am a way bigger hornets fan then a baseball fan period. The thought of having both hornets and cUSA "Tech" games on the same regional channel is the greatest thing since sliced bread!!

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I am a way bigger hornets fan then a baseball fan period. The thought of having both hornets and cUSA "Tech" games on the same regional channel is the greatest thing since sliced bread!!
    ^^This

+ Reply to Thread