+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20 Raising Cane's Restaurants Coming to San Antonio

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: 20 Raising Cane's Restaurants Coming to San Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    My wife and I actually tried to go to the one out on Westheimer twice and failed. Both times, we weren't thinking and it was some holiday as we happened to be passing through Houston on our way back to San Antonio from Louisiana, and we ventured down to Cane's, only to realize they're closed on pretty much any holiday. I did stop at one in Lafayette in early May this year though.
    There is actually 2 on Westheimer now, the older one inside the beltway and a new one that is just outside the beltway. I have often done the same while in Shreve because I am usually there during the holidays, and I go only to be disappointed. It is kind of like it used to be at the Galleria when Chik Fil A was the only place to eat and then you remembered it was Sunday...

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Cane's has fairly good food...but I haven't eaten there since I found out where they came from and who they support (LSU). So Chick-fil-a it is.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    I dunno if I'd say THAT, but I do have a better job, at least salary-wise than I had over there. We went to a Pizza Hut buffet in Boerne last week, and the first thing my wife said upon starting to eat, was "jeez... I REALLY miss Johnny's. This stuff is terrible." Of course, I agreed. I do miss the ol' homeland from time to time, but I'm makin' it over here for now!
    Yes Johnny's is some mighty fine pizza and really out classes Pizza Hut. I like a NY style pizza and prefer Sorento's on Broadway in Alamo Heights. It is the second best pizza I have ever had. Dough is supposed to have one of the best pizza's in the country but I haven't tried it yet.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Cane's has fairly good food...but I haven't eaten there since I found out where they came from and who they support (LSU). So Chick-fil-a it is.
    Ever notice who our corporate sponsors are for LaTech athletics?

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

I passed the message to a friend in San Antonio. If it doesn't happen there will be some upset people over that way!

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Ever notice who our corporate sponsors are for LaTech athletics?
    Yep, and the guy who founded Cane's is an LSU alum. However, the guy gets it when connecting with a local community. Cane's is a sponsor for Tech. I expect Cane's to also support LSU because A) the founder went there and B) they have a presence in BR. If I tried to connect a business that I was a patron of to something I didnt like, I am sure I could find it, but I cant live life like that.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LongtimeDawgfan View Post
    It's the sauce.
    I agree. I am really not a fan of chicken breast, but Cane's sauce makes it very good.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    They fly Tech flags on the Ruston location, lots of TECH pictures in the store and are a cash paying corporate sponsor...

They get my money fairly often - especially if the 8 year old is with me

I would deem Cane's as a very good corporate citizen where Tech is concerned
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    They fly Tech flags on the Ruston location, lots of TECH pictures in the store and are a cash paying corporate sponsor...

They get my money fairly often.

I would deem Cane's as a very good corporate citizen where Tech is concerned
    +1

Like the food, the service, the $$ support for Tech, the Ruston store's decor and the buy-one-get-one-free basketball promos!!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

This was discussed extensively in another thread.

It's not to the point that I flatout wont buy Canes if the occasion arises, but I'm not going out of my way to get some. It's fine that they support LSU because that's where they came from, but I'd rather not be a part of it under normal circumstances.

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

My girlfriend got a recipe for the sauce off of google last weekend. I have to admit it was pretty darn close!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

We've got a Cane's right here in Allen, TX. Not sure why you guys makes such a fuss about it? (Popeyes is better.) Canes is just another Fired chicken house. But geez people......you just can't eat that kind of Fried crap too often or you'll die in your sleep.

HD

+ Reply to Thread