+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Karl Benson article EVER - and totally misleading!

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Best Karl Benson article EVER - and totally misleading!

Misleading headline... one step ahead?! TRYING TO KEEP UP. And as you read, laugh at all of the doors slammed in his face...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...conference-usa

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Best Karl Benson article EVER - and totally misleading!

We've been discussing it on the Conference Talk board: http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...er-Benson-FAIL

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Sun Belt Commissioner: 'We were trying to stay a step ahead of the Southland Conference'
    fixed it

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

He's a joke. A step ahead? Light years behind. In every possible way.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    He's a joke. A step ahead? Light years behind. In every possible way.
    I thank the good lord every day we don't have to deal with him in charge of our conference anymore. Such a joke.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I have learned, in my short time, not to ascribe to malice what is just as easily explained by ignorance. (also a famous quote, btw)

In Benson's case, however, it's difficult for me too believe anyone with 2+ decades in the business could possibly be so ig'nent. I honestly believe that he hates his former bosses, especially the one in Ruston, and will do whatever is in his power to undermine Tech's advancement.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I have learned, in my short time, not to ascribe to malice what is just as easily explained by ignorance. (also a famous quote, btw)

In Benson's case, however, it's difficult for me too believe anyone with 2+ decades in the business could possibly be so ig'nent. I honestly believe that he hates his former bosses, especially the one in Ruston, and will do whatever is in his power to undermine Tech's advancement.
    You looking for black helicopters now, too?

It's business, not personal. He's in a fairly desperate situation. You can't really blame him for grasping at straws.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    You looking for black helicopters now, too?

It's business, not personal. He's in a fairly desperate situation. You can't really blame him for grasping at straws.
    If only this were an isolated incident ...

Chad Boyd, anyone?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I would agree that Benson hates his former bosses.

Benson is lying when he says the reason he left the WAC for the Suck Belt was because the Belch had a brighter future.

The real reason he left the WAC was because the WAC presidents did not renew his proposed 4-year contract extension that would have taken him into retirement. If Benson didn't take the Sunbelt gig, would have been unemployed as of July 1, 2012. The WAC presidents essentially fired him, and he had to look elsewhere for a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I would agree that Benson hates his former bosses.

Benson is lying when he says the reason he left the WAC for the Suck Belt was because the Belch had a brighter future.

The real reason he left the WAC was because the WAC presidents did not renew his proposed 4-year contract extension that would have taken him into retirement. If Benson didn't take the Sunbelt gig, would have been unemployed as of July 1, 2012. The WAC presidents essentially fired him, and he had to look elsewhere for a job.
    That would explain why the Belt failed to extend FBO invites to former members Idaho & NMSU, even though it could give them their (long coveted) championship game.

In one (lack of) stroke, Mr Peanut forced 2 of his former bosses' institutions into football indepedence, and ultimately OUT of the FBS. Now those 2 schools face either dropping football (unlikely) or finding new all-sports conference homes, effectively killing off the WAC.

It's slick, I gotta hand it to him there ...

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

If only this were an isolated incident ...

Chad Boyd, anyone?
    I bet every school in every conference has a case that went against them that they attribute to the commissioner being out to get them. I don't think that was vindictive, just incorrect.

That would explain why the Belt failed to extend FBO invites to former members Idaho & NMSU, even though it could give them their (long coveted) championship game.

In one (lack of) stroke, Mr Peanut forced 2 of his former bosses' institutions into football indepedence, and ultimately OUT of the FBS. Now those 2 schools face either dropping football (unlikely) or finding new all-sports conference homes, effectively killing off the WAC.

It's slick, I gotta hand it to him there ...
    Well, that and the fact that it isn't really of any great advantage for the Sunbelt to invite Idaho or New Mexico.

Would you invite them to join the SB if you were in charge?

Would you invite them to join the SB if you were in charge?
    Yes -- if the other members wanted had stated a long-standing interest in sponsoring a football championship game, and the opportunity presented itself in the form of low-hanging fruit (prememptive...), I would make it happen. Moreover, it would bring balance to the Force.

What I suspect is that KB badmouthed the Aggies and Vandals to his new employers. He probably even presented some high-end figures for potential costs, along with some low-end figures for potential revenue.

Yes -- if the other members wanted had stated a long-standing interest in sponsoring a football championship game, and the opportunity presented itself in the form of low-hanging fruit (prememptive...), I would make it happen. Moreover, it would bring balance to the Force.

What I suspect is that KB badmouthed the Aggies and Vandals to his new employers. He probably even presented some high-end figures for potential costs, along with some low-end figures for potential revenue.
    Most of those schools have shared a conference with NMSU and Idaho before. They've been there. I can't imagine any SB schools wanting a championship game bad enough to off-set the travel to Moscow. Especially when his whole (unlikely though it may have been) pitch to CUSA schools was based on geography.

I feel bad for NMSU and Idaho, but I don't think Benson is black-balling them. And I don't blame the SB presidents for not inviting them so far.

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Most of those schools have shared a conference with NMSU and Idaho before. They've been there. I can't imagine any SB schools wanting a championship game bad enough to off-set the travel to Moscow. Especially when his whole (unlikely though it may have been) pitch to CUSA schools was based on geography.

I feel bad for NMSU and Idaho, but I don't think Benson is black-balling them. And I don't blame the SB presidents for not inviting them so far.
    I understand them staying away from Idaho with a 10-ft pole, but NMSU isn't really far out the footprint, espspecially with Tx. St. (San Marcos) shifting it westward anyway. Seems like the quality hoops, decent baseball, etc. would make them a sound Sun Belt member.

+ Reply to Thread