+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LA Tech at Shreveport/Bossier

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LA Tech at Shreveport/Bossier

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I think this thread should be moved to the football forum for a few days to inform our folks who don't venture out of the football forum.

This is big news that needs to be shared.
    agreed!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Checked Google Streetview, it looks like the building says Louisiana Tech University with the Tech seal above it. It's rather blurry.
    Yes, and beneath "Louisiana Tech University" it reads "Technology Transfer Center."

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I say build it on Latech Drive off of Shreve Park Dr. There is a lot of land out there.

Louisiana Tech University - Shreveport Center (Technology Transfer Center)
    8028 Shreve Park Drive
    Shreveport, LA 71149

Attachment 9533
    Here's a link to the Site Plan for the Shreve Park Industrial Campus. According to page 6 of the pdf, Louisiana Tech has almost 30 acres of land on the site.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...ZJkCazKNHuWDiw

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Does seem like a good location right, lots of room and right off the loop, and I like the street names Technology Drive, Campus Drive, and LaTech Drive. Plus if the LSUS merger happens we would have great location on both sides of I-49 and plus Barksdale & Cyber Center across the river...

Would have 4 locations in SBC...
    1. LSU-Shreveport campus: main campus for the majority of the Louisiana Tech students in Shreveport/Bossier City area

2. Louisiana Tech-Barksdale campus: extension campus, classes, and offices for the AFB LA Tech students

3. Technology Transfer Center: possible cornerstone of a second Enterprise Campus in the Shreve Park Industrial Campus; 30 acres of land

4. Cyber Innovation Center: location for Cyber Engineering activites, close to BPCC campus, possible expansion opportunities in future

Also, the Biomedical Research facility in Shreveport on Kings Highway (just off I-20) would likely love to work with Louisiana Tech if the Tech-LSUS merger happens.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    Here's a link to the Site Plan for the Shreve Park Industrial Campus. According to page 6 of the pdf, Louisiana Tech has almost 30 acres of land on the site.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...ZJkCazKNHuWDiw
    Temporarily moved it to Football, slow summer traffic.

Wow, something new that I didn't know. I hope we purchase Lot 2 to acquire that whole center section of Shreve Park.

Lot 1 - 29.87 Acres -- Louisiana Tech Site
    Lot 2 - 26.13 Acres -- unknown

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

It would be nice if they could extend Shreve Park Drive to cross over the RR and connect to Dean Rd, plus get an exit from Loop to Dean rd, otherwise you have to exit at 70th and come down, or Wake rd and loop around to Bert Kouns and come in the backway

Shrevepark road.JPG

It would be nice if they could extend Shreve Park Drive to cross over the RR and connect to Dean Rd, plus get an exit from Loop to Dean rd, otherwise you have to exit at 70th and come down, or Wake rd and loop around to Bert Kouns and come in the backway
    I believe that will be a future entrance to Walker Road.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    I believe that will be a future entrance to Walker Road.
    So cross over RR & Dean Rd down to Walker,

SP Extension.JPG

not bad...

Plus with it so close to the airport will serve as a great Tech Incubator location, easy in/out (labg) for big companies...

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

I would hope that we aren't seriously looking to build a campus in this location. The surrounding neighborhoods are going to crap and the area has seen relatively no growth in the last 10 years. We need to be looking somewhere else. I know because I was born and raised in the Southern Hills area and still have family there. Tech can do much better.

Quote Originally Posted by techblue4 View Post
    I would hope that we aren't seriously looking to build a campus in this location. The surrounding neighborhoods are going to crap and the area has seen relatively no growth in the last 10 years. We need to be looking somewhere else. I know because I was born and raised in the Southern Hills area and still have family there. Tech can do much better.
    This would be one of 3 locations, possibly 4 if the LSUS-Tech merger ever goes through...

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

This would be one of 3 locations, possibly 4 if the LSUS-Tech merger ever goes through...
    I understand that, however it would not be wise to invest too much into this location.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

I understand that, however it would not be wise to invest too much into this location.
    Agreed. It needs to be east of I-49.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I think proximity to the airport, I-20, and 3132 is the draw. This particular spot is largely industrial and the surrounding residential areas are not visible. However, if you were to continue on Buncombe past Shrevepark, there is actually a pretty nice residential development right b/f it crosses Pines Road. There is also a large engineering firm up that way. I believe Ivan Smith has a warehouse immediately adjacent to the technology transfer center. Frymaster used to be out there, but they might've moved.

It's not Southern Hills.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I think proximity to the airport, I-20, and 3132 is the draw. This particular spot is largely industrial and the surrounding residential areas are not visible. However, if you were to continue on Buncombe past Shrevepark, there is actually a pretty nice residential development right b/f it crosses Pines Road. There is also a large engineering firm up that way. I believe Ivan Smith has a warehouse immediately adjacent to the technology transfer center. Frymaster used to be out there, but they might've moved.

It's not Southern Hills.
    This area is not near the primary residential areas of college-bound students, whether they be traditional students or non-traditional students. The top high schools in Shreveport are Byrd, Caddo Magnet, and Captain Shreve. If you are going to have a college campus in Shreveport, it makes sense to place it near the feeder residential areas.

FYI--Frymaster is on Line Ave. near the Inner Loop intersection.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mikedog View Post
    This area is not near the primary residential areas of college-bound students, whether they be traditional students or non-traditional students. The top high schools in Shreveport are Byrd, Caddo Magnet, and Captain Shreve. If you are going to have a college campus in Shreveport, it makes sense to place it near the feeder residential areas.

FYI--Frymaster is on Line Ave. near the Inner Loop intersection.
    Not that it matters, but I disagree. Accessibility from major roadways and proximity to the airport is more important.

+ Reply to Thread