+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: U-La-La, the 1st Gay University

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Re: U-La-La, the 1st Gay University

I'm getting in on this late... just read http://www.wafb.com/story/19027436/u...ers-lgbt-minor last night on the WAB app

As a God fearing Chrisitian, this is not what we need. As a country, we are shifting away from the path of The Lord. I'm pretty confident this is not on His path. I can't believe this is happening in Louisiana. I could see Vermont or San Francisco, not here...My prayer every day is that the USA get back on the right track
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I'm getting in on this late... just read http://www.wafb.com/story/19027436/u...ers-lgbt-minor last night on the WAB app

As a God fearing Chrisitian, this is not what we need. As a country, we are shifting away from the path of The Lord. I'm pretty confident this is not on His path. I can't believe this is happening in Louisiana. I could see Vermont or San Francisco, not here...My prayer every day is that the USA get back on the right track
    Exactly!! You put it much better than I yesterday as my temper got the best of me. The left in our country has made "tolerance of certain behaviors" a religion they worship as well as the created instead of the Creator. Thanks!

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post

Anyone wanting to do away with this academic minor should not use religion as their public reason. Our country shall have no established religion--remember that? Privately, one can have whatever religious or moral reasons they want. But, publicly, one would be wise to do as Jeff Landry has done: cite reasons such as public funding and its use during tough economic times.

Of course, then folks like me would look for any exceptions to their rule and call them on it. :icon_wink:

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Exactly!! You put it much better than I yesterday as my temper got the best of me. The left in our country has made "tolerance of certain behaviors" a religion they worship as well as the created instead of the Creator. Thanks!
    In our country, your religion is no more important than theirs.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    In our country, your religion is no more important than theirs.
    So you are calling their actual step beyond just "tolerance" agenda here a religion as well huh? Hum.......If so, then I say they will probably and eventually add to their bylaws 1) sex with their own children and others as well as 2) sex with animals next. I say why not be "tolerant" and celebrate with high brow college course those abnormal/different behaviors as well. The slippery slope downward has already started anyway right? Heck, think of all of the poor prisoners we could release from our prisons maverick. Wow there's a agenda for the left. Oh wait, they probably are already pushing this one behind the scenes.

That said, I still believe in the "love the sinner but hate the sin" stance. Although that stance and statement makes libs furious as well. They don't see any of it as 'sin' though the majority of the world's religions and cultures/societies see these behaviors as wrong, deviant or evil. Oh well, such is life.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 07-15-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

So you are calling their actual step beyond just "tolerance" agenda here a religion as well huh? Hum.......If so, then I say they will probably and eventually add to their bylaws 1) sex with their own children and others as well as 2) sex with animals next. I say why not be "tolerant" and celebrate with high brow college course those abnormal/different behaviors as well. The slippery slope downward has already started anyway right? Heck, think of all of the poor prisoners we could release from our prisons maverick. Wow there's a agenda for the left. Oh wait, they probably are already pushing this one behind the scenes.

That said, I still believe in the "love the sinner but hate the sin" stance. Although that stance and statement makes libs furious as well. They don't see any of it as 'sin' though the majority of the world's religions and cultures/societies see these behaviors as wrong, deviant or evil. Oh well, such is life.
    Wow, I move this entire thread be deleted, are you really equating homosexuality, between consenting adults, to pedophilia and beastiality?!?

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Wow, I move this entire thread be deleted, are you really equating homosexuality, between consenting adults, to pedophilia and beastiality?!?
    Of course he is! To some, right and wrong are black and white, no shades of gray. In their minds homosexuality is wrong. Therefore, it is the same as pedophilia and beastiality. Keep in mind that this right/wrong, black/white policy only applies in the circumstances they choose; this flexibility allows them to apply shades of gray when it suits them. For instance, David Vitter's name appearing in the "black book" of a madam who later told the world of his diaper fetish is nothing like Bill Clinton getting bj's in the Oval Office. While I agree those two things are not the same, I can say that because I acknowledge living in a world that recognizes "gray" where it exists, unlike some people.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

That sure applies to our great country right now as well.
    I think many people said the same thing about African American studies at one time. In fact, I think so called Christians were the main culprits.....

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Of course he is! To some, right and wrong are black and white, no shades of gray. In their minds homosexuality is wrong. Therefore, it is the same as pedophilia and beastiality. Keep in mind that this right/wrong, black/white policy only applies in the circumstances they choose; this flexibility allows them to apply shades of gray when it suits them. For instance, David Vitter's name appearing in the "black book" of a madam who later told the world of his diaper fetish is nothing like Bill Clinton getting bj's in the Oval Office. While I agree those two things are not the same, I can say that because I acknowledge living in a world that recognizes "gray" where it exists, unlike some people.
    AMEN!

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I find homosexuality to be wrong and I don't want my tax money to support the promotion of it. I'm tolerant of all people but sick and damn tired of all the alternative lifestyle BS being shoved down my throat while they call me names because I'm a conservative Christian. Plus African American studies is BS. Anything that Promotes one race group of people over another is wrong. Equality and fairness is just that equality and fairness. No more minority groups garnering advantage over others.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Homosexuality IS wrong. It is not an intended function of mankind and if it leads anywhere it leads to no good end. If there is debate, it is only in regard to how it is accomodated within a society.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

This

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I find homosexuality to be wrong and I don't want my tax money to support the promotion of it. I'm tolerant of all people but sick and damn tired of all the alternative lifestyle BS being shoved down my throat while they call me names because I'm a conservative Christian. Plus African American studies is BS. Anything that Promotes one race group of people over another is wrong. Equality and fairness is just that equality and fairness. No more minority groups garnering advantage over others.
    I don't think you would say that if you had a Gay son or daughter and knew they were born that way. I would hope not, anyway. Talk about oppression - this might be the last group that it is okay to hate...... It is shameful. There is a wealth of information on the oppression of Gay persons. It is interesting and I am not ashamed to say that I have taken a course in it during my Master's studies and found it to be one of the most enlightening courses I have ever taken. Until you educate yourself about the issues and not blindly follow the conservative mantra on this issue, you will be in the dark. And, KSDawg, this wasn't directed at you. It is directed at all those that have not had any education on this issue. I love my family and, believe me, there was no choice made by any Gay person I know. There may have been a "hiding" of the matter, but no choice. We have to get past that. I am not downing any religeous views on the matter, but if you turn to that, there is MUCH MUCH more in the Bible that you should be abiding by. Watch out for those shellfish and don't forget to stone your neighbor's daughter.

Yes, I took that to an extreme - which many people do on the other side. I am just saying that if you have not truly studied it, don't cast the stones. If you don't want to study it, you don't have to......... I respect your point of view, but don't dictate that a University cannot offer a minor or a major in this important issue of our time. Some on this thread will have us burning books soon........

I understand. My sister got married in Connetictut a few years back if you know what I mean. When my 17 brother had some personal issues last year and told my mother that he was gay in order to get some attention from her. My sister ran with it because it fit her AGENDA. It ruined him at school and he had to transfer schools. He is not Gay but will never get away from the stigma because my sister felt a need to promote her agenda at the expense of others. I have no proble with gay/ lesbian people, but I will not tolerate their promotion of it when I am prevented from promoting mine.

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I understand. My sister got married in Connetictut a few years back if you know what I mean. When my 17 brother had some personal issues last year and told my mother that he was gay in order to get some attention from her. My sister ran with it because it fit her AGENDA. It ruined him at school and he had to transfer schools. He is not Gay but will never get away from the stigma because my sister felt a need to promote her agenda at the expense of others. I have no proble with gay/ lesbian people, but I will not tolerate their promotion of it when I am prevented from promoting mine.
    That is a strange story and not related too much to being Gay or Lesbian. As for agenda, I know of none but equal rights. You can't make someone Gay and the story about if just odd. Our Heterosexual agenda is the dominant culture and always has been. If you are Gay, you live in THAT agenda every single day. That is why there are Gay neighborhoods and areas that have developed a pretty rich culture of support for each other.

+ Reply to Thread