+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could CUSA be looking to move past 14 teams?

Varsity Bulldog Lazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of light Lazarus_KKY's Avatar

Re: Could CUSA be looking to move past 14 teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Yep.

With NM State and Ohio, C-USA would get:
    - 2 good rivalries (NMSU/UTEP and Ohio/Marshall)
    - 1 solid football program (Ohio)
    - 2 solid basketball programs (NM State and Ohio)
    - 1 great academic institution (Ohio) and 1 good academic institution (NM State)
    - 2 pairs of perfect travel partners (NMSU/UTEP and Ohio/Marshall)
    - 2 new states (New Mexico and Ohio)

Delaware? Really? I'm pretty sure Southern Miss would prefer playing in the East, and New Mexico won't leave the MW.

Middle Tenn. State? No thanks.
    I was just relating what I had read on the CUSA board. Any mention of NMSU makes UTEP fans spit venom. I think UTEP block NMSU. If that happened then I think the rest of CUSA would not consider NMSU since they would be adding them as a travel partner for UTEP and they didn't want them. There was a lot of loving going towards Delaware but it has died down and now they are all talking up MTSU (barf). Also FAU gets some attention from time to time as a travel partner for FIU.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus_KKY View Post
    Your new here so I will give you the benefit of the doubt here. Just and FYI, ULL & LA Tech get along like the Hatfields and the McCoys did.
    I think he meant the Gayjuns.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spatdawg View Post
    The Cajuns would be a smart choice. Their program is on the up-swing and I am only hearing good things from the locker room. ULM or South Alabama would be awful since every ULM fan is a die hard LSU fan. Troy has proved to be a solid program in the past too.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

The Cajuns would be a smart choice. Their program is on the up-swing and I am only hearing good things from the locker room. ULM or South Alabama would be awful since every ULM fan is a die hard LSU fan. Troy has proved to be a solid program in the past too.
    The Gayjuns! Please don't tell us what you're hearing from the lockerroom.

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Interesting that they would pick off Western Kentucky & Middle Tennessee.

They would yank the 2 highest remaining...by far... athletic budgets in the Sun Belt ($27MM & $22MM respectively). If you didn't already know it, the Sun Belt would spiral down further into obscurity and really embrace their Little Sisters of the Poor mantra.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

My,my- haven't we all changed our tunes since we got the "invite". We are treating other schools just like we were beinig treated by Memphis, Tulane and some 'key' USM fans!

I would rather add schools in the east than Sunbelt schools because of the exposure to the markets and the fact that USM can be in our division. The fact that they all suck, have no money or class and that they are less than worthy should never enter into the conversation!!!! :icon_wink: Shame on us!!!!!

DFiH

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

The Cajuns would be a smart choice. .
    Ah....er....no thanks.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    My,my- haven't we all changed our tunes since we got the "invite". We are treating other schools just like we were beinig treated by Memphis, Tulane and some 'key' USM fans!

I would rather add schools in the east than Sunbelt schools because of the exposure to the markets and the fact that USM can be in our division. The fact that they all suck, have no money or class and that they are less than worthy should never enter into the conversation!!!! :icon_wink: Shame on us!!!!!

DFiH
    That's incorrect I'm thinking from a budget standpoint:

School Conference Total Rev Total Expense
    Miami Ohio MAC $26,745,727 $26,975,567
    Buffalo MAC $26,228,030 $26,221,691
    Eastern Michigan MAC $27,717,621 $25,971,066
    Western Michigan MAC $25,627,752 $25,410,420
    Akron MAC $25,583,730 $25,344,459
    Florida International Sun Belt $23,849,954 $24,606,141
    Middle Tennessee State Sun Belt $27,125,185 $24,328,234
    Central Michigan MAC $23,500,552 $23,423,660
    Ohio MAC $25,470,296 $22,841,117
    Northern Illinois MAC $24,148,602 $22,793,622
    Western Kentucky Sun Belt $22,269,484 $22,269,484
    Kent State MAC $21,448,821 $20,756,745
    Toledo MAC $19,485,449 $20,673,092
    Ball State MAC $20,483,476 $19,506,118
    North Texas Sun Belt $11,259,222 $18,935,422
    Bowling Green MAC $20,157,361 $18,031,088
    Florida Atlantic Sun Belt $19,438,422 $16,707,200
    South Alabama Sun Belt $17,432,045 $16,580,198
    Troy Sun Belt $15,246,720 $15,246,720
    Louisiana-Lafayette Sun Belt $13,556,901 $13,946,204
    Arkansas State Sun Belt $13,374,507 $13,374,507
    Louisiana-Monroe Sun Belt $11,661,727 $10,164,038
    Arkansas-Little Rock Sun Belt $9,304,137 $8,880,331

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Just pick up Miami (OH) and Ohio, end with that. MAC then adds Liberty and Appalachian State.

The MAC conference has been pretty quiet during this realignment hoopla. Let's get them involved.

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    That's incorrect I'm thinking from a budget standpoint:

School Conference Total Rev Total Expense
    Miami Ohio MAC $26,745,727 $26,975,567
    Buffalo MAC $26,228,030 $26,221,691
    Eastern Michigan MAC $27,717,621 $25,971,066
    Western Michigan MAC $25,627,752 $25,410,420
    Akron MAC $25,583,730 $25,344,459
    Florida International Sun Belt $23,849,954 $24,606,141
    Middle Tennessee State Sun Belt $27,125,185 $24,328,234
    Central Michigan MAC $23,500,552 $23,423,660
    Ohio MAC $25,470,296 $22,841,117
    Northern Illinois MAC $24,148,602 $22,793,622
    Western Kentucky Sun Belt $22,269,484 $22,269,484
    Kent State MAC $21,448,821 $20,756,745
    Toledo MAC $19,485,449 $20,673,092
    Ball State MAC $20,483,476 $19,506,118
    North Texas Sun Belt $11,259,222 $18,935,422
    Bowling Green MAC $20,157,361 $18,031,088
    Florida Atlantic Sun Belt $19,438,422 $16,707,200
    South Alabama Sun Belt $17,432,045 $16,580,198
    Troy Sun Belt $15,246,720 $15,246,720
    Louisiana-Lafayette Sun Belt $13,556,901 $13,946,204
    Arkansas State Sun Belt $13,374,507 $13,374,507
    Louisiana-Monroe Sun Belt $11,661,727 $10,164,038
    Arkansas-Little Rock Sun Belt $9,304,137 $8,880,331
    You just illustrated my previous post... Every single MAC school would have a larger budget than every single Sun Belt school sans MTSU and WKU. That's separation!

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by domangue View Post
    You just illustrated my previous post... Every single MAC school would have a larger budget than every single Sun Belt school sans MTSU and WKU. That's separation!
    I was responding to DFiH accusation (even in jest) that we were only considering MAC because of markets...

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    I was responding to DFiH accusation (even in jest) that we were only considering MAC because of markets...
    My post was completely 'tongue in cheek' although your list was very telling! Perhaps I should have inserted 'fans' where I said 'money'!!!!!

In either case, I think a Delaware (does any one happen to remember the 'Choke that Chicken' chant when we played the Blue hens in Ruston way back in the day????) or UMASS or maybe even Buffalo, would be a better fit than any of the SB schools! I am just sayin..........

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    My post was completely 'tongue in cheek' although your list was very telling! Perhaps I should have inserted 'fans' where I said 'money'!!!!!

In either case, I think a Delaware (does any one happen to remember the 'Choke that Chicken' chant when we played the Blue hens in Ruston way back in the day????) or UMASS or maybe even Buffalo, would be a better fit than any of the SB schools! I am just sayin..........
    I don't know dude. Any football team named "Blue Hens" sounds pretty gay to me.

HD

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I don't know dude. Any football team named "Blue Hens" sounds pretty gay to me.

HD
    As long as they aren't the Blue Waffles

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    The MAC conference has been pretty quiet during this realignment hoopla. Let's get them involved.

Right!

They should be forced to participate in the festivities as well....

The MAC seems like a pretty close knit group of schools. Not sure another non-AQ could get any of them to switch. But it would be fun to try.

+ Reply to Thread