+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ruston Country Club

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Ruston Country Club

Any members of Ruston Country Club on here? I'm getting back into golf, and we're thinking about joining, but haven't gotten a whole lot of info yet. We stopped by for a tour today, but the girl working just told us to walk around.

What I really want to know is what is the general atmosphere? Is the place improving/stagnant/falling apart. We noticed the tennis courts have been abandoned.

Varsity Bulldog golfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the roughgolfkdog is a jewel in the rough

Re: Ruston Country Club

I am not a member but I play there periodically( will play tournament next weekend). The clubhouse has improved quite a bit. Judy Burch, who used to be in charge of the Civic Center, pretty much runs the place. The Rotary Club and Lions Club (I think) hold their meetings there. The tennis courts have been abandoned for many years. Membership fell dramatically when Squire Creek opened. Course maintenance is lacking due to limited funds. If you require a lot of amenities this is not your place. However, it is a fun course, the pool is great, the people are friendly, it is not expensive ($100/month I think), and it is very convenient. If I lived in Ruston I would certainly join.

The RCC Classic is next weekend. It is a 2-man scramble and is their biggest tournament of the year. See if they have an opening and join us. Hope this helps.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Ruston Country Club

That's kind of what I thought. The price is very reasonable, if you can play enough, it's downright cheap.

Wish I could do the tournament, but I'll be in New Mexici next weekend.

+ Reply to Thread