+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jiffy Lube Corn Dog Banner in Ruston

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Jiffy Lube Corn Dog Banner in Ruston

EPIC FAIL!!!

Received this the other day from relatives in Ruston. Anybody give this owner grief yet?
    "This is a banner outside the jiffy lube in Ruston! Enter to win LSU tickets. They also have purple and gold streamers as you can see in the photo. Terrible!!!"
    lspoo IMG_9182.jpg

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

Re: Jiffy Lube Corn Dog Banner in Ruston

I saw it. Thought about pulling in there and asking for an oil change. Then saying, jk, kma or going at night and ripping it all down, but I can't be in jail cause August 30 will be too soon.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I can't believe some LA Tech students haven't torn that LSU banner down. That's one thing our fraternities should be good at.

HD

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone I asked (in the past) said this JL sucks, so really it's no surprise!

What would be better is completely fill the area in front of it with Tech signs and stickers and all sorts of paraphernalia. This makes a really bold statement without being construed as vandalism (I think?)

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

A better move would be to quietly take down the existing banner and repalce it with a different one. The owner would most likely not notice until someone asked him about the new banner. The possibilities for the new banner are endless:

1. Replace the banner with a new one promoting Tech Football.
    2. New banner could make a comment about the owners not supporting Ruston and Tech.
    3. New banner could make personal observations about the owner(s) and their decision making.

On and on.

Varsity Bulldog trenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Everyone I asked (in the past) said this JL sucks, so really it's no surprise!

What would be better is completely fill the area in front of it with Tech signs and stickers and all sorts of paraphernalia. This makes a really bold statement without being construed as vandalism (I think?)
    This is a good idea and should be done! This promotion may work in Monroe and this kind of support for LSU in Ruston will do more harm to their business than good.

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

I may go set up a stand in front of it and hand out free corn dogs.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    A better move would be to quietly take down the existing banner and repalce it with a different one. The owner would most likely not notice until someone asked him about the new banner. The possibilities for the new banner are endless:

1. Replace the banner with a new one promoting Tech Football.
    2. New banner could make a comment about the owners not supporting Ruston and Tech.
    3. New banner could make personal observations about the owner(s) and their decision making.

On and on.
    I fully support #2 to be implemented with HD's plan.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Is this on the service road?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Looks like it is on Trenton next to the old/new LP Library.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Looks like it is on Trenton next to the old/new LP Library.
    That's correct. It is just south of 20 on Trenton right before you get to the library and across the street from Crescent City coffee shop.

Big Dog dch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the rough

If I were in Ruston I would take care of it

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I would pull in there and ask him if he had any La Tech tickets he was giving away with an oil change. When he says no, I would tell him I would come back when he got some. Then I would leave. Is there another place in town to get a quick oil change?

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I would pull in there and ask him if he had any La Tech tickets he was giving away with an oil change. When he says no, I would tell him I would come back when he got some. Then I would leave. Is there another place in town to get a quick oil change?
    Citgo on Tech drive. Big Tech supporters and some of the best service I've ever received at an Oil Change place.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

So, any Rustonites taking care of this. We need some passion about Tech and not letting people get by with this stuff!

+ Reply to Thread