+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jiffy Lube Corn Dog Banner in Ruston

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Jiffy Lube Corn Dog Banner in Ruston

Have they gotten rid of the giant LSU tiger eye on the wall at 3docs?

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

How does the Beehive store still have a LSU display in the middle of their store? No Tech merch to be seen anywhere when I was in there last.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Absolutely worse place in Ruston for an oil change. I've rated them all for an evaluation service. And the others in town are TECH supporters.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

I've had my oil changed there about 4-5 times over the last few years. I won't go there again.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I own four vehicles and have used this place in the past because it is close to my office. No more, and I will tell them why.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I own four vehicles and have used this place in the past because it is close to my office. No more, and I will tell them why.
    That last part is the most important. People have to let them know.

Varsity Bulldog trenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by LThoo View Post
    A quick google search of things shows that the Jiffy Lube isn't locally owned. It's just a small cog in the "Heartland Jiffy Lube" chain of franchises. It wasn't an owner of a business in Ruston entering his business into an LSU related sweepstakes. The facebook page says visit any Louisiana Heartland Jiffy Lube franchise to enter.

So it seems that the franchise chain owner dropped this contest on every location in Louisiana. Can't really fault the local franchise or plan to boycott them for doing what the boss says. If anything, its missed opportunity for Tech. Our marketing department should be placing contests like this statewide and have banners like this at businesses around Louisiana.
    The local Jiffy Lube may not have a choice whether to participate; however, I'm sure the banner and purple and yellow streamers were optional.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    At the very least we should call for a city-wide boycott.
    I always let my money speak for me. I normally would let them know why I would not be using their services though.

Varsity Bulldog rtr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her game rtr002's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    How does the Beehive store still have a LSU display in the middle of their store? No Tech merch to be seen anywhere when I was in there last.
    They also have the nerve to accept Tech Express at the Beehive. That rubs me the wrong the way when a local vendor accepts Tech Express and sells nothing but LSU stuff. I did return to Beehive a couple of weeks later & they screen printed some t-shirts that said bulldawgs with no reference to Louisiana Tech on them or no State T. It was no comparison to the selection of LSU stuff however.
    How bout them Dawgs!

Varsity Bulldog techfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nice techfreak's Avatar

Sure they have an option to participate or not. If the general manager was of sound mind, he would realize that there are more Tech supporters in Ruston than there are LSU supporters. Just don't put the banner up. Don't put the entry forms out. Ignore the promotion. The local store had a choice, and they chose poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by LThoo View Post
    A quick google search of things shows that the Jiffy Lube isn't locally owned. It's just a small cog in the "Heartland Jiffy Lube" chain of franchises. It wasn't an owner of a business in Ruston entering his business into an LSU related sweepstakes. The facebook page says visit any Louisiana Heartland Jiffy Lube franchise to enter.

So it seems that the franchise chain owner dropped this contest on every location in Louisiana. Can't really fault the local franchise or plan to boycott them for doing what the boss says. If anything, its missed opportunity for Tech. Our marketing department should be placing contests like this statewide and have banners like this at businesses around Louisiana.

Big Dog cberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to behold

Here's where you say " I'd like to shop here but it's eveident you don't want my business because I support La. Tech - don't worry I'll spread the word to all my friends you'd rather sell LSU merhandise to your cutomers ! Whamo - yes whamo can be said here !

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by trenteverett View Post
    The local Jiffy Lube may not have a choice whether to participate; however, I'm sure the banner and purple and yellow streamers were optional.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Many times every aspect of your marketing, color scheme and all, is dictated to you. Unless you want to risk your job you follow all instructions. This may not be the case here, but it is possible.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

A lot of good talk and thoughts here. Hopefully someone will post on the outcome of all this.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

I would like to know if anyone has stopped by to communicate our thoughts to the manager/owner?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

How about a sign that says........My mom always told me, "Study hard so you can get into a good school. It is much better to yell Go Dawgs from a subdivision instead of geaux tigers from a trailer park."

+ Reply to Thread