+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Jiffy Lube Corn Dog Banner in Ruston

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Re: Jiffy Lube Corn Dog Banner in Ruston

I was sitting on a bench outside Nawlins Sports in Mall of Louisiana in BR waiting to meet a friend and right inside the door was a stand with a Tech banner(albeit kind of ugly and not one I'd want) and a state T decal. Granted it was next to a Cowboys item, so I'm thinking it was their token display of teams other than LSU or Saints, but at least there was something down here. I was quite taken aback that it was there in full view and not hidden. I didn't go in to see if that's all there was.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

We need to find a way to develop the pride that Texans have about their cities. I think Texans go overboard with it, but La goes way too far the opposite way. Ruston seems to be about the only place that I see where people have some pride in their city.

I'm not saying that we need to run around and say that we're the best at everything, and have the best of everything, because that's just arrogance, and off-putting. But we need to build the pride up to where our own citizens stop putting down our home. This seems to be a problem across all of North Louisiana, and the facts don't necessarily backup the negative feelings.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cberg View Post
    That's what I said, it's taken a lot of hard work and $$$ to get to this point over many, many years. When Dooley came to Ruston he pointed out to the community what they had and it was worth the effort to improve it. Ruston and La. Tech looked what was being said by Dooley and realized what they had, chose to support, then said how can we improve what we are building. We really only had two options, 1. understand what Dooley was talking about OR 2. go the Shreveport way of apathy and the "casual fan".

You now are seeing the results of option no. 1 and it's only in the early stages. The egg is hatched and now it's time to grow!!
    My bad..

Varsity Bulldog BLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the roughBLUEbell is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    How does the Beehive store still have a LSU display in the middle of their store? No Tech merch to be seen anywhere when I was in there last.

I was just about to say the samething....I complained when I checked out last time I was there!!!I should have put my TOMS back on the shelf! AND the girl that checked me out I noticed as one of La Tech volleyball players.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    IT woul help if Tech would reciprocate instead of moving a big-time game like A&M to Shreveport when it could have been played in Ruston. I don't have a dog in the hunt but this could have been huge for the Ruston business community.
    Touche'!!! That's actually a VERY valid point.

HD

Big Dog dch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the rough

We need to find a way to develop the pride that Texans have about their cities. I think Texans go overboard with it, but La goes way too far the opposite way. Ruston seems to be about the only place that I see where people have some pride in their city.

I'm not saying that we need to run around and say that we're the best at everything, and have the best of everything, because that's just arrogance, and off-putting. But we need to build the pride up to where our own citizens stop putting down our home. This seems to be a problem across all of North Louisiana, and the facts don't necessarily backup the negative feelings.
    QFT

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

As of yesterday, there is a banner with purple and gold streamers outside the jiffy lube in Natchitoches! Enter to win LSU tickets. It won't cause much commotion around here, because most of the influential people went to NSU and then finished their college at LSU....got their law degrees, etc.

Big Dog cberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to behold

The week of the our game in Shreveport I will be wearing Tech colors every day. I wear my Tech colors now to outdoor events and it feels good !

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

If I can't find a blue game day shirt to wear, I am gonna be wearing my #12 jersey even though it has started to fade! Go DAWGS!

+ Reply to Thread