+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LA TECH to the BIG EAST?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: LA TECH to the BIG EAST?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    The FAU beat writer from Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel to reporting a "LaTech to Big East" rumor......

Dieter Kurtenbach ‏@dkurtenbach
    Rumors abound that LaTech is Big East bound. WAC->CUSA->Big East? Not going to happen, but at that rate, they’d join the SEC by 2016.
    Funny. I see Patrick Walsh is already panicking and desperately trying to kill the rumor. What's he afraid of?

LA Tech needs to learn how to handle positive rumors. This is a positive. There's nothing wrong with letting a "rumor" like this circulate for a while......it might even make LA Tech a little more desirable by some folks who don't know much about us.

HD

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they just now heard how bad Memphis is in football and they're kicking them out and inviting Tech.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Funny. I see Patrick Walsh is already panicking and desperately trying to kill the rumor. What's he afraid of?

LA Tech needs to learn how to handle positive rumors. This is a positive. There's nothing wrong with letting a "rumor" like this circulate for a while......it might even make LA Tech a little more desirable by some folks who don't know much about us.

HD
    Exactly. Louisville is telling all their recruits that UL is going to the Big XII, and Tulane is telling their football recruits that they will be in the Big East in a few years. Why would we try to kill this rumor? It is a GOOD rumor. It's not one of those Tech to the Belch rumors.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

maybe walsh STARTED the rumor and now he's covering his tracks...

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Are we getting the pressure washer or not?

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

NO, NO, NO NO, NO! I personally think this is a bad idea! The BIG Easy is about to emplode! This is a basketball conference trying to think that it contributes to football but really doesn’t...nothing wrong with that but the major programs that know that football is the money maker are trying to get out of that conference...e.g. Syracuse and Pitt. The Boise’s, SMU’s, Houston’s of the world jumped for the “BCS” money that will be gone after next year. They will find out in short order as we did that once the players we were compatible with are gone. We will be back to playing teams that don’t match up with us regionally, We’ll be back to the killer travel schedule playing teams that don’t marry up well with us regionally. The BE is a joke and most people are aware of that! It’s going to be another WAC on the east coast. I for one don’t want to have anything to do with it! We worked so hard getting into CUSA and I think we owe it to them to show that we will be a major contributor and dominate. Enough of this BIG Easy crap…simply NO! Or we will become that team that was left on the island alone having to travel to 2000 plus miles away to play our nearest competitor…the grass is always greener but in this case I think it’s turning brown like it is here in west Texas! Who in their right mind wants to go to UCONN to watch a football game?

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post
    NO, NO, NO NO, NO! I personally think this is a bad idea! The BIG Easy is about to emplode! This is a basketball conference trying to think that it contributes to football but really doesn’t...nothing wrong with that but the major programs that know that football is the money maker are trying to get out of that conference...e.g. Syracuse and Pitt. The Boise’s, SMU’s, Houston’s of the world jumped for the “BCS” money that will be gone after next year. They will find out in short order as we did that once the players we were compatible with are gone. We will be back to playing teams that don’t match up with us regionally, We’ll be back to the killer travel schedule playing teams that don’t marry up well with us regionally. The BE is a joke and most people are aware of that! It’s going to be another WAC on the east coast. I for one don’t want to have anything to do with it! We worked so hard getting into CUSA and I think we owe it to them to show that we will be a major contributor and dominate. Enough of this BIG Easy crap…simply NO! Or we will become that team that was left on the island alone having to travel to 2000 plus miles away to play our nearest competitor…the grass is always greener but in this case I think it’s turning brown like it is here in west Texas! Who in their right mind wants to go to UCONN to watch a football game?
    IA, in a few seasons I could see the basketball schools breaking away from the football schools and form a new conference

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

True but the football programs worth a crap will have to go to the ACC and the rest will have to fend for themselves to survive or be brought back into the fold of CUSA or the MWC!

I just think that it's a bad idea for TECH to try and make a move to the BIG Easy!

Mark my words on this one...SMU, Houston, and Boise are going to come crawling back to from where they came and realize that going for the short term money was a long term disaster!

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Relax it's just a rumor!!! No need hashing over the qualities of Big East membership. That's just too tiring and futile.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    This tweet is a perfect example of why kids should not do drugs....
    or...

a perfect example of why kids SHOULD use drugs...:icon_wink:

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

This rumor is going nowhere.

That said I will play the game, a huge YES to all-sports membership. Even when the BE dies (a matter of when and not if), the football schools will split off and we will still be with Houston, Memphis, SMU, UCF, USF, Cincinnati, etc. UConn, Rutgers, and Lousiville will probably end up in the Big 12 and/or ACC. What is left of the BE will then take USM, ECU, Tulane, Tulsa, etc. for a more geographically friendly conference. Basically we still wind up in a new CUSA with the benefit of a lot of extra $$$ for 3-4 years.

But like I said, this rumor is without basis. Can somebody get a reporter in Shreveport to tweet that we are going to the Big 12?

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

So who would start a bogus rumor like this? For what reason would they do it?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

I am skeptical of the rumor (not that I would object at all). The BE will have 12 teams regardless of whether Syracuse and Pitt leave early (we're currently slated for 14 teams for a single season, I suspect it will be 12). If the opportunity presents itself, you should take it. The Big East will likely cover more pick-offs from C*USA. The likelihood that any of the teams departed wanting back in are extremely minimal. I believe that was the calculation that C*USA made when it issued the invites, which made the prospect of wanting to return remote.

Here's why I might be wrong and you could get an invite:

1. I believe that UH and SMU would like more regional schools, and that SDSU and Boise don't want any more eastern schools (I don't think we do, either). Most of the other candidates may be too close or too similar to us (UTSA and UNT to UH, Tulsa to SMU). LaTech is close, but not too close.

2. I have my doubts that any more MWC schools will jump aboard. I think AFA is going to stand pat. There are rumors that Fresno isn't interested. That leaves UNLV and Hawaii. I have my doubts. I'd prefer another C*USA team, or standing pat, to any more western schools.

3. It is perhaps the greatest irony, but I think UMass and ECU are poorly placed, geographically. I don't think there is any more interest in east coast teams. I'm getting less worried about Villanova. LaTech and Southern Miss are more likely, I think, than any more eastern teams.

4. None of the above should suggest that it's all about geography and convenience. You guys are worthy of consideration while Tulane and ULL are not (at present).

This is speculative. I had a bit of plug-in to C*USA, but very little with the Big East.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread