+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EllAye Senate Race

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

EllAye Senate Race

Who y'all like? I'm still undecided.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: EllAye Senate Race

Anyone with an (R) behind their name...

I voted for Col. Maness, others in my clan voted for Kennedy.

I like Fleming. Have had many opportunities to visit with him and have a business associate who is a member of his staff. I would certainly be okay with his winning the seat. But, I could only vote for one person, and I am on Maness' email list and have enjoyed reading his position on the issues for a while.

There is sure to be a runoff and I will reevaluate the last two standing.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Kennedy and Fayard

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

There will be a runoff. Probably John Kennedy (R) and Foster Campbell (D). Fayard boo-booed when she tried to tie Foster Campbell with David Duke by taking something Campbell said about Duke out of context.

There is a slight chance that it's Kennedy and Boustany in the runoff. It depends on how much Boustany gets compared to Campbell and Fayard.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone with an (R) behind their name...

I voted for Col. Maness, others in my clan voted for Kennedy.

I like Fleming. Have had many opportunities to visit with him and have a business associate who is a member of his staff. I would certainly be okay with his winning the seat. But, I could only vote for one person, and I am on Maness' email list and have enjoyed reading his position on the issues for a while.

What if the last two standing are Campbell and Fayard? That was the fear a few months ago within the Republican party and one of the reasons they worked to keep Maness out of the debates after he received 5% of the vote in the Governor's race. The fear: Kennedy, Fleming, Boustany, and Maness split the Republican vote. Duke then takes 10% and 5% to 7% goes to the remaining "field". That leaves Campbell and Fayard to split the Democrat vote and perhaps both make the runoff. The surprise has been just how weak Fayard has been so far in the race.

This scenario is basically how Mary Landreiu won her Senate seat in 1996. The Republicans feared that Mary and fellow Democrat Richard Ieyoub would make the runoff in a crowded field of Republicans. Woody Jenkins was able to bring various conservative constituencies together and make the runoff against Mary. She then used his conservative stances to raise an extraordinary amount of money to defeat him. The election was then stolen from him on election day but that's another story.
    Last edited by The Historian; 11-03-2016 at 05:13 PM.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Here is last Friday's "Informed Sources" on the PBS station in New Orleans - WYES. The first 11 minutes are about the Senate race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GYNT1ffCYg

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Both Campbell and Fleming are bad news for the state -

Campbell is a demo to the core - Fleming is all fluff and no action...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Pundits say:

Kennedy will make run-off.

Most likely opponent, in order:

1. Boustany
    2. Campbell

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Campbell is a bigger idiot than the governor they elected.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Looking like Caroline has worked her way up to a runoff spot

Here is this Friday's (11/4) "Informed Sources" on the PBS station in New Orleans - WYES. The discussion of the Senate race runs from 6:40 to 21:10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6vgamfLJXM

So, it's Kennedy and then everyone else, sans Duke, who will NOT make the runoff.

OMG! either Campbell or Fayard would be a disaster as a senator. Please God, no.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

OMG! either Campbell or Fayard would be a disaster as a senator. Please God, no.
    Then vote for Duke.

Varsity Bulldog Jacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the rough

I've heard that Kennedy will likely vacate his seat before his term is over. I'm leaning Boustany right now.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I early-voted for John Kennedy. I would have liked having a US Senator from NORTH Louisiana (Dr. Fleming) but I had the same concerns that DFM mentioned...

+ Reply to Thread