+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious gun control questions

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Serious gun control questions

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    What really scares me is how a civilian can gain such easy access to that many rounds of ammo in a short time as well as these large capacity magazines on semi-automatics that police don't even have. I realize the guns and the large magazines didn't pull the trigger that night on all those innocent victims, but there needs to be something put in place to flag these type purchases in such a short period of time.
    Any flag of that type is unconstitutional. I buy large amounts of ammo in bulk all the time. So do most gun people. Limiting guns and ammo purchasing will not prevent this kind of stuff. Just like the prevention o buying bulk cold medicine didn't prevent drug dealers from making meth. When you come up with BiG brother laws like that only law abiding citizens get hurt.

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Any flag of that type is unconstitutional. I buy large amounts of ammo in bulk all the time. So do most gun people. Limiting guns and ammo purchasing will not prevent this kind of stuff. Just like the prevention o buying bulk cold medicine didn't prevent drug dealers from making meth. When you come up with BiG brother laws like that only law abiding citizens get hurt.
    ATF flags such purchases already...

Use cash when you buy your ammo.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Which site??? And please provide a link.
    Looks like CNN - the link is cnn.com.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Yep. The .223 round shot by said "assault rifle" is often banned at deer camps because you would have to be an very good marksman to ethically take down the deer with regularity with such a small caliber.
    Which is why I have changed from wanting to get an AR-15 to get an AR chambered for .308. I heard a story (could be an "old wives' tale") that the .223 was selected in large part because of the multiplier effect it would have in injuring victims rather than killing them. 1 injured soldier effectively takes out more enemy troops than one dead one. Not sure if this is true, but seems like it could be possible.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

The new DeWalt AR-15 will probably blur the "assault rifle" definition even more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb6O8...eature=related

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Looks like CNN - the link is cnn.com.
    Just saw that CNN posted a link today. Didn't see it at all yesterday or the day before nor have I checked for a slant/spin.

Just saw that CNN posted a link today. Didn't see it at all yesterday or the day before nor have I checked for a slant/spin.
    I read the article on CNN yesterday, so I can also confirm that it was there. JuBru's screenshot proves it, though.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Which site??? And please provide a link.
    Caught in another lie. You need to stop commenting on CNN until you actually start following them. Start by going to www.cnn.com and searching for the article yourself. You have the title. But, I know you won't do it because you don't believe what anyone says or does. You make up your own fiction.

Just to help you out anyway:
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/22/us/col...html?hpt=hp_t2

No spin. Straight forward reporting. And it was updated this morning, not posted this morning. It had been up for over 15 hours at that point.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Caught in another lie. You need to stop commenting on CNN until you actually start following them. Start by going to www.cnn.com and searching for the article yourself. You have the title. But, I know you won't do it because you don't believe what anyone says or does. You make up your own fiction.

No spin. Straight forward reporting. And it was updated this morning, not posted this morning. It had been up for over 15 hours at that point.
    Gosh, take a chill pill. He said he didn't see it, so what's with the "caught in another lie" comment!

Also, I have to give CNN some credit on this one. That story was just like you said, "straight forward reporting".

I like to watch Robyn Meade on HLN in the morning for the same thing (and because she's incredibly attractive).

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Gosh, take a chill pill. He said he didn't see it, so what's with the "caught in another lie" comment!
    No. He constantly bashes CNN but never actually watches or listens to them. So until he does, he needs stop commenting on them.
    If he actually follows the website, he would have known it was CNN. No other major news service website has the same format. For him to not see the article, he could only not be looking at the website. There was no way to miss it. It was not buried under one of their sections, but it was in their main box where they put all their main articles (not the breaking news/top story box). It was "above the fold" so to say.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Which is why I have changed from wanting to get an AR-15 to get an AR chambered for .308. I heard a story (could be an "old wives' tale") that the .223 was selected in large part because of the multiplier effect it would have in injuring victims rather than killing them. 1 injured soldier effectively takes out more enemy troops than one dead one. Not sure if this is true, but seems like it could be possible.
    This is true, but having more rounds and the quality of ammo that is provided today changes that. Also you have to keep in mind the collateral damage that a larger round creates. You are no longer just shooting at something but also everything behind it for several hundred yards.

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    ATF flags such purchases already...

Use cash when you buy your ammo.
    Agreed. Worked with those guys before.... Scared the hell out of me.

This is true, but having more rounds and the quality of ammo that is provided today changes that. Also you have to keep in mind the collateral damage that a larger round creates. You are no longer just shooting at something but also everything behind it for several hundred yards.
    I would rather have the .308 if I am attacked by a bear (and, no, that has nothing to do with ULL's new minor). Also, would be more suitable for deer hunting (if I ever decide to go again) or defending the home against an invading communist army. But your point stands regarding ammo - I have seen some superperformance .223 ammo that looks like it would make a big hole.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post

I said I didn't see it butthead. I've been correctly posting the liberal media biased problems on BB&B, and other forums, as far back as when you were still in elementary school or junior high I bet. Get a grip.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Lots of reasons they went with 5.56, none of which deal with the effictiveness of the round as a enemy killer as far as I know.

It's easier to carry more rounds of 5.56 (basically a 22 on steroids) than something bigger. In a firefight, I'd rather have a whole lot of little bangs rather than a few big booms.

Easier to handle automatic firing with the smaller round (even with the 3 round burst I think this would be the case). So if you're shooting into a bush with the bad guy, 20 rounds of spray and pray are going to help you a lot more than one well aimed shot when there's nothing to aim at.

When those "varmit" type guns (the 223 is bascially a varmit round...groundhogs and prarie dogs know them by name) are outlawed because they "look" evil, the bad guys will start carrying 12 gauges and bolt action deer rifles in 30.06. That's when you reduce the numbers wounded by these stupid attacks and increase the number of dead.

+ Reply to Thread