+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another Example of the ULL Mindset

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Another Example of the ULL Mindset

I picked up this beauty from the ULL fan board in their discussion of Penn State transfers and how to contact their players:

------Now come on T---You get the rules and then you get a way to LEGALLY scoot around them----Haven't read the rule but as well as you text I think a friend of a friend's friend could get the job done!!! How about an ADD in the Happy Valley Paper??? LOL---You better believe that any school with hopes of getting these kids have the lines working---INDIRECTLY!!!!!! How many assistants at PSU will be offered similar jobs to go to a school and bring along some players that just happen to want to go to the same school????

--------------------------------------

That sums up the mindset of the university and its' ardent fans.
    Last edited by LookingForResults; 07-24-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Re: Another Example of the ULL Mindset

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    I picked up this beauty from the ULL fan board in their discussion of Penn State transfers and how to contact their players:

------Now come on T---You get the rules and then you get a way to LEGALLY scoot around them----Haven't read the rule but as well as you text I think a friend of a friend's friend could get the job done!!! How about an ADD in the Happy Valley Paper??? LOL---You better believe that any school with hopes of getting these kids have the lines working---INDIRECTLY!!!!!! How many assistants at PSU will be offered similar jobs to go to a school and bring along some players that just happen to want to go to the same school????

That's the mindset of the Cajun culture especially in the oil-field; they play fast and loose when it comes to ethics and laws as long as they get the job done/get paid.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

How about an ADD in the Happy Valley Paper???

I bet those with attention deficit are sorely offended by this.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post

So true. U-La-La supporters think laws, rules, policies, and procedures don't apply to them.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    So true. U-La-La supporters think laws, rules, policies, and procedures don't apply to them.
    Close but not quite ...

Rather, they view laws and policies as a jumping off point for further negotiations.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    How about an ADD in the Happy Valley Paper???

I bet those with attention deficit are sorely offended by this.
    Well, I probably WAS offended, but I read it like 2 minutes ago, and then got distracted, so now i'm GOOD!

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

http://www.raginpagin.com/louisiana/showthread.php?119281-Needing-some-help

Please tell me someone else gets the hilarity of this thread!!!

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I think it was Dan Newman who said, during a football game broadcast years ago, "If at first you don't succeed, change your name and try again." Looks like it's contagious for the fans also.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Funny line by Newman. And, in keeping with that theme, when can we expect the UL-Xs to change names again?

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

ULL is stuck in the Sun Belt Conference, a fate that every other member of that conference is praying to avoid. While Sun Belt members like FAU, MTSU, and Texas State have possibilities of escaping that hell hole of a conference, ULL does not. As far as conference affiliation goes, ULL could not be in a worse position, yet most ULL fans won't admit it to themselves. No, most ULL fans tow the company line of how much they prefer being members of the Sun Belt as opposed to the new CUSA, but deep down, they all know that this is complete BS. They now plainly see what a mistake it was to pass on joining the WAC when they had the chance. Realignment is almost finished, and any opportunity for advancement that ULL ever had has passed them by. Once the last few realignment moves are made, and the trickle down effect cascades down the food chain, the Sun Belt will won't even look like a Division I conference. ULL athletics will suffer for decades to come for the poor decisions made by their administration. Things couldn't have played out any worse for them.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    ULL athletics will suffer for decades to come for the poor decisions made by their administration
    I'm honestly not sure what different decisions they could have made. As long as Tulane is in C*USA, they will never have a shot regardless of how well they do. The only opportunity they had for a different conference was the WAC, and as problematic as the Sun Belt is, it at least exists and will continue to do so.

MTSU is in the best position of any of the SBC schools, as they could be considered by the MAC or C*USA somewhere down the line. Troy is probably in the worst. I think the SBC teams are pretty locked in, though. I don't expect any of them to move.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Didn't you know? ull is shooting for the Big 12!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Bulldog BR Bulldog is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Didn't you know? ull is shooting for the Big 12!
    I've seen that mentioned more than once on their board and have gotten a few laughs out of that sentiment... dream on!

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parialex View Post
    I'm honestly not sure what different decisions they could have made. As long as Tulane is in C*USA, they will never have a shot regardless of how well they do. The only opportunity they had for a different conference was the WAC, and as problematic as the Sun Belt is, it at least exists and will continue to do so.

MTSU is in the best position of any of the SBC schools, as they could be considered by the MAC or C*USA somewhere down the line. Troy is probably in the worst. I think the SBC teams are pretty locked in, though. I don't expect any of them to move.
    Had ULL been playing in the WAC for the last decade, they'd have at least been considered for a spot in CUSA. As a member of the Sun Belt, they were not. Whether or not Tulane would have blocked them is debatable, but that's another subject. The ULL administration turned down WAC membership when it was offered, and when they did, they opted for a life sentence in the Sun Belt. ULL's only option now, and in the foreseeable future, is to languish with the likes of ULM in the Belch (unless the Big 12 comes calling). ULL is screwed big time and it makes me shudder to think of how close we may have come to sharing their fate. Thank goodness we did not.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think Tulane has the muscle to keep a wortwhile candidate out (like you) even if they wanted to. They might have it to keep a more marginal one out. In this case, though, I think their presence hurts ULL mostly because (a) there is no way that the conference would take three teams in Louisiana, (b) you guys are in front of them in line, and (c) even if you guys were out of the picture I don't think two teams from the southern part of the state is remarkably attractive (obviously, ULM is unattractive for other reasons, so I'm not suggesting they would ever be considered). You and Tulane "fit" in a way that Tulane and ULL don't.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread