+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Olympics

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The Olympics

this is intended to be a general, catch-all thread focusing on the 2012 games.

The US Women's soccer team started it off with a bang. Incredible comeback win today.

Varsity Bulldog AgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the rough

Re: The Olympics

Love that we started off with a win!!!

Varsity Bulldog AgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the rough

http://www.customsportsschedule.com has the Olympic schedule in a much better format than NBC.com.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Lousy opening ceremony.

Was at an Olympic-watching party last night. Hmmm... luckliy there was plenty of adult beverages and good food.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

The only part I really liked was the cauldron made of the petals given to each nation. That design was pretty cool.

Congrats to Alex Vinokourov (sp?) winner of the cycling road race today. Outside of an American winning, and maybe Fabian Cancellara, who crashed out, I am glad to see Vino get the gold. Have always admired his attacking style and no nonsense approach to racing. Back in 2004 or 05 he broke the tradition of not competing on the final stage of the Tour (except for the sprinters who always compete in the final stage) and rode off. He was sitting 6th in the GC and took intermittent time bonuses and eventually pulled off the rarity of winning in a break-away. Other riders complained, Levi Leipheimer dropped behind Vino in the fnal standings and boo-hooed. But Vino said the final stage counts as much as any other and you should compete just as hard.

Today Vino did it again. 38 yrs old, about to retire, and gets the gold. Loved that he ruined it for the Brits!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Lousy opening ceremony.

Was at an Olympic-watching party last night. Hmmm... luckliy there was plenty of adult beverages and good food.
    Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    The only part I really liked was the cauldron made of the petals given to each nation. That design was pretty cool.
    I agree guys. The forging and raising of the Olympic rings was cool as well. And the hill where they put the national flags as well as the various British Isles national anthems/hymns, if you will, at the beginning was also pretty good. But the rest was rather corny, boring (hence very British) I must admit. I hope they have a better closing ceremony.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Well, I tried to watch soccer again. It still sucks. It's like a bunch of people playing hacky sack. Too much pointless kicking and not much strategic action. Also, still looking for Waldo.

In Women's hoops UCONN beat Croatia.

The US women's soccer team won again and are thru to the knockout round. But, they really need to secure the overall #1 seed, and that they can do by beating North Korea on Tuesday.

Phelps lost. Oh well.... Didn't even medal in the 400m IM. Too much making commercials and not enough serious training, I guess.

Re: the opening ceremony. It was cool to see guys like Kobe and LeBron enjoying the event. Here are multi-millionaires, superstars, yet they understand the awesomeness of the Olympics and were mingling and taking pics with their phones, capturing the moment.

This is the Olympics.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I would love for anyone other than NBC to host. They have dropped the ball on everything.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I would love for anyone other than NBC to host. They have dropped the ball on everything.
    Agreed. I felt like I was watching the Macy's day parade, with the stupid canned comments, during the opening ceremonies.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Actually I thought the bicycle "dove" was pretty cool. Other than that....even the Atlanta opening ceremony was better.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

I thought the Bond thing was cool, and also the part with Rowan Atkinson.

+ Reply to Thread