+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Chick Fil-A

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Re: Boston Chick Fil-A

I and my whole family will eat there happily on Wednesday... maybe even for all three meals.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Ironically Target, Starbucks and General Mills are being applauded for coming out in support of gay marriage. How van one man have an opinion and be chastised and another be applauded for theirs. This world is going to hell and those not prepared for Obamageddon be warned!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Ironically Target, Starbucks and General Mills are being applauded for coming out in support of gay marriage. How van one man have an opinion and be chastised and another be applauded for theirs. This world is going to hell and those not prepared for Obamageddon be warned!
    Because we are talking about civil rights. Please support them, if you wish, and don't if you wish. And, as much as I applaud Boston and Chicago for standing up, they can't do anything legally about it.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

It's not civil rights and you know it. Personal choices don't make you a minority. That's just bull mularky. I have a right to voice my opinion just as much as you do, just because you disagree doesn't mean you get to claim that your opinion is civil rights.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Because we are talking about civil rights. Please support them, if you wish, and don't if you wish. And, as much as I applaud Boston and Chicago for standing up, they can't do anything legally about it.
    What's asinine about this is that he didn't actually say anything against gay marriage, nor is there evidence that Chick-fil-a has been involved in the persecution of homosexuals (on the contrary, I personally know a few gay Chick-fil-a operators). So, how is attempting to block the company's ability to expand its business a "civil rights" issue?

If you look at Chick-fil-a's "support of traditional marriage," it has come in the form of funding Christian-themed marriage enrichment retreats and so forth. Not sure how that is violating anyone's civil rights.

The debate has turned into a "for us or against us" one that is dangerous to EVERYONE'S civil liberties. So now, if you don't actively support certain political agendas, you are perceived not only as opposing them, but of violating the civil rights of those involved as though you were directly persecuting them. America is really starting to suck.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    What's asinine about this is that he didn't actually say anything against gay marriage, nor is there evidence that Chick-fil-a has been involved in the persecution of homosexuals (on the contrary, I personally know a few gay Chick-fil-a operators). So, how is attempting to block the company's ability to expand its business a "civil rights" issue?

If you look at Chick-fil-a's "support of traditional marriage," it has come in the form of funding Christian-themed marriage enrichment retreats and so forth. Not sure how that is violating anyone's civil rights.

The debate has turned into a "for us or against us" one that is dangerous to EVERYONE'S civil liberties. So now, if you don't actively support certain political agendas, you are perceived not only as opposing them, but of violating the civil rights of those involved as though you were directly persecuting them. America is really starting to suck.
    Outstanding post.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

There was nothing civil about it or civil rights about it!!! Well guess what? Even the mayors of Boston and Chicago and the liberal newspapers have now backed off this stupid illegal and militant rant and tone against ChikFilA and admitting they were wrong. I love you man but you are off the reservation with the far, far left on this one and it surprises me. Some of my thoughts:

Psalm 12:7-8

7 You, Lord, will keep the needy safe
    and will protect us forever from the wicked,
    8 who freely strut about
    when what is vile is honored by the human race.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 07-28-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Since there is no more choice of being Gay than being Heterosexual, it IS a civil rights issue. When did YOU choose? History will prove all of you wrong in the future. I will wait for that day. The great news is that you have the right to voice your opinions and people have the right to protest. People, also, have the right to support what you state. It is great to have freedom of speech and I support your right to do so.

In 20 years (that is my estimate, anyway), this will be like reading comments from the KKK. Oh yeah, they are making the same comments you are right now... Actually, it may be quicker than 20 years. The youth movement is making great strides to improve our country now.

Oh, and I have stopped saying that Christians are upset about the Gay rights movement. It is the conservative right wing that is upset. There are MANY Christians and many of us are in support of equal rights.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Oh, and I have stopped saying that Christians are upset about the Gay rights movement. It is the conservative right wing that is upset. There are MANY Christians and many of us are in support of equal rights.
    You still believe that we can't take the Bible as written don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    You still believe that we can't take the Bible as written don't you?
    Yes, you can take it as written. I totally believe in the Bible. I just believe that through translations and interpretations that we have to have God lead us in what it states and not follow the mainstream Bible Belt in doing so. There are plenty of Christians and Churches that believe different than you - just not around where you are located geographically. I believe the Bible should be used as a guide with prayer between me and God. I believe it is arrogant to believe your interpretation is the only one. I acknowledge that you interpret it differently, but don't tell me you are absolutely correct, when other Christians believe differently. I am not saying that I have the absolute right interpretation either, but I am trying to open my mind and asking God to guide me - not my culture or my church.

Okay, enough of this. Blast away........ I may read it tomorrow....... I have to get some yard work done.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Since there is no more choice of being Gay than being Heterosexual, it IS a civil rights issue. When did YOU choose? History will prove all of you wrong in the future. I will wait for that day. The great news is that you have the right to voice your opinions and people have the right to protest. People, also, have the right to support what you state. It is great to have freedom of speech and I support your right to do so.

In 20 years (that is my estimate, anyway), this will be like reading comments from the KKK. Oh yeah, they are making the same comments you are right now... Actually, it may be quicker than 20 years. The youth movement is making great strides to improve our country now.

This post is not directly aimed at you Champion, but I have decided that I will no longer allow unsupported statements on this subject to remain unchallenged. Just as you, without exception, feel compelled to voice your belief on this subject as fact, I feel compelled to challenge those "facts." It is important to do so, not only in regard to this subject, but because it is a good example of unsound reasoning that is having an enormously destructive impact on our nation.

This has become important to me because it is so representative of the pernicious spread of the advocacy of government by "feeling" rather than by Rule of Law. First, you assert that homosexuality is not a choice and then based on that claim it to be a civil rights issue. As you well know, the origin of homosexuality has not been determined scientifically, therefore your argument, while you believe it passionately, is immediately baseless. Second, even if it were proven to be genetic, that no more confers a "right" than being red-headed confers a right. If a society determines that marriage, for instance, between members of the same sex is not beneficial to that society, then that society has every right not to legally recognize such unions. A huge movement is underway to blur the difference between "civil rights" and "personal preference," but they are not the same.
    Last edited by LookingForResults; 07-28-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

The youth movement is making great strides to improve our country now.
    Yes, I see indications of that in shows like Jersey Shore and the knowledge that most of our youth can't name any of the founding fathers or tell you what the bill of rights represents, but they can tell you all about JFK, MLK or any of the other figures from the 60s (well, they can tell you what they've been told).

I see this country rotting from the inside out, and those are the only great strides I am seeing. There is no American culture any more...anything and everything goes as long as it doesn't interfere with politically correct thought - which is to embrace a culture without defined morals. We are breaking down to the lowest common denominator. Our newest immigrants spit on our flag and our history.

I have a feeling that things are going to be much worse here in 20 years. I doubt we will be the envy of the world anymore (I don't know if we are now, actually), and I just hope some other nation steps up with the work ethic and innovation we're running away from to save us from ourselves. From where I sit, the next in line doesn't look to be such an altruistic dolt.

I respect your opinion to think otherwise, and I respect the Chick Fil A guy's opinion as well. I don't see where the corporation he is running was discriminating against anyone, including gays. The whole idea that you can only think one way or the thought police will come run you out of town just shows how far we have regressed.

Great strides, indeed!

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Did you even READ the comments the CFA president made? He did not use the word "gay," "homosexual," or anything of the sort. There was nothing oppressive, persecutorial, or discriminatory about it. Furthermore, there is nothing, to my knowledge, in CFA's business practices that discriminates against LGBT. So, what gives government officials the right to restrict the trade of a company because one of its executives espoused a preference for a value (traditional marriage) that is unpopular?

There is so much wrong with this situation it makes me ill. I, personally, do not oppose gay marriage. But I ABHOR the thought that the government can restrict a business's practices based on a distortion of a statement by an executive, and that Americans are standing up and cheering for this.

From my experience with the company, CFA does not discriminate against folks based on sexual orientation, based on the fact that I've never seen reports of LGBT individuals being denied service, and even moreso on the fact that there are LGBT CFA owner-operators, meaning they went through a very stringent interview and selection process, including being personally vetted by a member of the Cathey family. So, the intolerant ones in this scenario seem to be the mayors of Boston and Chicago, plus the countless sheeple cheering from the sidelines without actually investigating the facts for themselves.

Furthermore, Gary, there is very good evidence from multiple sources that Apple's business practices result in actual, direct oppression of workers in country's where workers' rights are not protected. Sure, there was some murmuring about this, but mostly from folks who already disliked Apple. Where is the outrage and indignation? Where are the mayors denying Apple's right to open shops in their cities?

Varsity Bulldog aggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud of aggiedawg's Avatar

Proof? When Adam and Eve sinned, it caused us all to be born into sin. That is where our "will" began to lead us further and further from God's will. Paul teaches in Romans that due to man's fall some would have hard hearts. I think that is very evident in today's society. No one believes they are wrong. My opposition to homosexuality does not having anything to do with my upbringing or society, but rather my convictions. It is a sin the same way that stealing bubble gum from the convenience store is a sin. However, continually living in the same sin does not show repentance. People are born into sin, not a specific sin such as homosexuality.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Your right as the Bible predicts this "falling away" and evilness in the "end days" and as Christ said "as it was in the days of Noah" (go read why God destroyed mankind). But Christians alive now will either have been raptured to heaven or raised in Christ and not see this sadness and what today grieves the Holy Spirit.

Again Champ, even the left that started this have said they were wrong to get involved and threaten the Christian owners beliefs and stance as they did. And to think this first started over him wanting his workers to have Sunday off with their families and the right to "Honor the Sabbath and keep it Holy". WOW!!
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 07-30-2012 at 08:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread