+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Chick Fil-A

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Boston Chick Fil-A

Nice piece from Cal Thomas:

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...ey=mod|mostcom

In my opinion, this quote sums it up:

"The reaction tells you everything you need to know about certain liberals who believe every sort of speech, activity and expression should be protected, except the speech, activity and expression of evangelical Christians."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Nice piece from Cal Thomas:

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...ey=mod|mostcom

In my opinion, this quote sums it up:

"The reaction tells you everything you need to know about certain liberals who believe every sort of speech, activity and expression should be protected, except the speech, activity and expression of evangelical Christians."
    Thanks for posting that maverick!! I can't give anymore green to you yet as I just gave you some the other day and it wont let me this soon.

I like this quote from the article as well.

"The real “war” in this country is not only against the supposed civil right of nontraditional marriage. It is a war against conservative Christians and a denial of the same rights the LGBT community claims for itself. Free speech is an American value. We shouldn’t settle for anything less."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Some would deny him an opinion since he is a "conservative right wing" Christian. Those people are idiots and you know who you are. You defend the rights of your fellow idiots like Jesse and Al, but want to silence those who don't cow down to the PC crowd.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    You still believe that we can't take the Bible as written don't you?
    It is an abomination to eat the swines and the shrimps and even the crayfishes. I think Chick-a-fil should let the gays alone and run with that for a buisness model.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Since there is no more choice of being Gay than being Heterosexual, it IS a civil rights issue. When did YOU choose? History will prove all of you wrong in the future. I will wait for that day. The great news is that you have the right to voice your opinions and people have the right to protest. People, also, have the right to support what you state. It is great to have freedom of speech and I support your right to do so.

In 20 years (that is my estimate, anyway), this will be like reading comments from the KKK. Oh yeah, they are making the same comments you are right now... Actually, it may be quicker than 20 years. The youth movement is making great strides to improve our country now.

Oh, and I have stopped saying that Christians are upset about the Gay rights movement. It is the conservative right wing that is upset. There are MANY Christians and many of us are in support of equal rights.
    There is an attempt to link today's gay rights movement to the 1950s-1960s Civil Rights movement of the black community. Any such attempt is erroneous. The difference between the two movements is due to "personal preference".

African-Americans could not make a choice over the color of their skin--they were both that way. Black people cannot choose their skin color, unless they are Michael Jackson. They were discriminated against for centuries even though they were freed from slavery by the end of the Civil War in 1865. They were subjected to unequal educational opportunities, discrimination in the workplace, and restrictions on basic civil rights including the right to vote. They were beaten, bloodied, whipped, shot, and lynched by angry mobs. When they fought for equal rights, some were attacked by police dogs and hit hard with fire hoses in order to break up peaceful protests.

A small minority of individuals make an active choice to engage in homosexual behavior just as the vast majority of individuals actively choose to engage in heterosexual behavior. While an individual may have different sexual preferences and attractions toward one sex or the other, it is ultimately the individual's choice to engage in homosexual behavior or heterosexual behavior.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

It's amazing to me that liberals and homosexuals are all of a sudden shocked to learn that a Christian owner of a 60+ year old business that is always closed on Sundays supports traditional families and marriage. It's not enough for some liberals to simply disagree with the owner's personal beliefs that have nothing to do with the hiring, staffing, and serving policies of his business. Now, some Democratic politicians in major U.S. cities have said Chick-Fil-A may not be welcome after the owner expressed his First Amendment rights.

If people wish to go to a business like Chick-Fil-A whose owner supports Christian beliefs and traditional marriages, let them do so. If people wish to buy products from businesses like Starbucks and Disney/Pixar who have supported gay marriage in the past, they should be free to do so as well. A business should rise or fall based on how well they deliver a valued service or product to the public, not based on the personal opinions or feelings of elected officals like the Mayors of Boston and Chicago.

Individuals and businesses should have the freedom to express their religious and political beliefs without having elected officials threaten to reject permits or forbid them from expanding within their jurisdiction if the elected officials disagree with the views and opinions expressed by the business owners.

We should also be free to respectfully disagree with somebody without having to resort to calling each other bigots or homophobes or using some other slur or phrase.

And if you disagree with me on anything I just said, then you are worse than Hitler.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quick post, since I have to dive in to work this morning:

LFR, the burdon of proof is on both sides.

To others: I have championed the right for ALL persons (Conservatives included) to be able to speak their mind and protest in today's society.

I believe in free speech for all.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quick post, since I have to dive in to work this morning:

LFR, the burdon of proof is on both sides.

To others: I have championed the right for ALL persons (Conservatives included) to be able to speak their mind and protest in today's society.

I believe in free speech for all.
    The burden of proof is NOT on both sides. You offer an unproven hypothesis and then demand change counter to observation, intuition, religious teaching, and 25+ centuries of experience by mankind. It is not up to anyone to prove your hypothesis wrong. And as I have stated, even if homosexuality were proven genetic your demand for change is unwarranted because genetic difference is not a basis for conferring civil rights any more so than having freckles.

Societies have always had to determine how to accommodate homosexuality, but there is no basis for asserting that its mere existence confers civil rights.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    It is an abomination to eat the swines and the shrimps and even the crayfishes. I think Chick-a-fil should let the gays alone and run with that for a buisness model.
    No clue whether or not you care about this but...

It was prohibited under the Law for the people of Israel to eat pork and shellfish. However, Jesus declared all food clean in Mark 7:14-23. There were many things that changed when Christ came. The ceremonial and civic laws (ceremonial=shrimp, civic=punishments for violating the law) have passed away. All of the moral laws have been restated in the New Testament.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Everything any of you read from the Old or New Testament is a translated version that has been interpreted in language and by human's interpreting the interpretation. We are all going off of our belief and our guidance from God on our opinions. Aren't you glad we live in a nation that can do that?????????

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Everything any of you read from the Old or New Testament is a translated version that has been interpreted in language and by human's interpreting the interpretation. We are all going off of our belief and our guidance from God on our opinions. Aren't you glad we live in a nation that can do that?????????
    This is your same old argument that has been defeated many times over the years.

Hebrew and Greek can be translated in case you've forgotten again.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I've studied the Greek and the Hebrew. There is nothing ambiguous in the Greek. You can dismiss it as a cultural mandate, but even the "promiscuity" argument is reading INTO the text something that's not there. The question is whether or not the Scripture is to be held as normative for the life of a Christian.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Well, we can do that unless we are a part of management of a fast food chain. Apparently personal interpretation ceases to matter that point, because the wrong interpretation can get you punished.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I'm confused as to how this all started. Did Cathey issue a press release stating his beliefs or was it done in an interview in which he was prompted, more or less, to reveal his beliefs? Not that it matters either way. Just curious.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I'm confused as to how this all started. Did Cathey issue a press release stating his beliefs or was it done in an interview in which he was prompted, more or less, to reveal his beliefs? Not that it matters either way. Just curious.
    Interview with a Christian publication I believe.

I dont understand this whole thing. I eat Ben and Jerry's ice cream and they are looney tunes, but they are from Vermont. I expect them to be a little nutty. I dont care, that ice cream is good.

+ Reply to Thread