+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 duck season

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: 2012-2013 duck season

That's what I've been looking for, Ross.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

found a roost today . .. . . . . .. what to do what to do

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    That's what I've been looking for, Ross.
    Charlie said y'all had some mallards on the property. Anybody been back this week? I've got a funeral on Sat but may be able to hunt Sunday/Monday...
    Choudawg...CHOOT 'EM!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    found a roost today . .. . . . . .. what to do what to do
    Don't worry, they won't come in until just after shooting time. Be careful!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Charlie said y'all had some mallards on the property. Anybody been back this week? I've got a funeral on Sat but may be able to hunt Sunday/Monday...
    Choudawg...CHOOT 'EM!
    No one has been since Monday or Tuesday as far as I know. I imagine some will go Saturday.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Let me know how they or you do. I have a mobile phone again so feel free to text or call. I have been without one for several weeks and it's actually been kinda nice.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Don't worry, they won't come in until just after shooting time. Be careful!
    i need someone to place a call into ldwf and tell them there is a code BR549 in northeast claiborne parish around 5pm tomorrow

Great, foggy, flooded timber hunt with my dad and Gumbeaux this morning!
    Elm Grove ducks 012.jpg

thats re'donk'ulous!! went back to our beaver pond this morning and the fog seemed to keep'um out with only one Woodie making a go of it.

Great, foggy, flooded timber hunt with my dad and Gumbeaux this morning!
    Attachment 10302
    You made the right decision. After a pretty fair day Saturday, I don't think your buddies got any shooting at PD Sunday.
    Good old Memorial Gym

It looks like DC went in over his waders as well! Charlie got an action pic of him in his boxers and cowboy boots at the truck. We're gonna save that picture for future "leverage"

It looks like DC went in over his waders as well! Charlie got an action pic of him in his boxers and cowboy boots at the truck. We're gonna save that picture for future "leverage"
    Man. It was cold for that. And that mile-plus ride back out on the four wheeler......brrrr.
    Good old Memorial Gym

duckdad.jpg
    Another good pic of my dad and Gumbeau from the Sunday hunt. We both forgot our duck straps so we were just piling the ducks up on stumps around us.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Great picture, thanks for sharing, even a city boy like me smiles with a knowing nod at that pic.

Thanks Olddog. My dad and I lost one of our best hunting buddies/family friend of over 40 years on New Year's Day. We attended the funeral/wake in TX on Sat and, after a few beers, promised each other that we'd get after 'em Sunday AM. When we woke up Sunday AM the fog in Shreveport was terrible and we called each other and discussed whether we should even bother with it. After a brief discussion we decided Ralph, our now deceased friend, would have cussed us for even thinking about not going. His presence was definitely felt that morning and the duck gods smiled upon us that morning. It was truly something to see and a hunt I will never forget. They dropped out of the fog as if they were appearing from a parallel universe. Those of you that find the outdoors to be your true cathedral know what I'm referring to. The man upstairs took care of us that morning for sure and nature proved to be a true healer of spirit. I'm truly serious about this...if you look at the pic of my dad and Gumbeau above you'll se that the fog made a complete shroud around us and yet kept an open pocket directly around us in the timber-maybe 40 yards in a true circle around where we set up. If the wind shifted so did the open area around our set-up..yet it shifted to stay open around us. Wind shifted-so did the opening stay around us. Damdest thing I've truly ever seen. I can't explain it but I understand it, I guess.

Those of you who know me and what I do for a living know that I mean this about the following picture as well. The hunt is just the beginning and; what a lot of folks refer to as the hard part, is what I enjoy almost as much as the hunt itself: The final act of butchering your kill and completing the circle- It also helps if you have a meat market and some cold beers. RIP Ralph and we will have a fantastic duck dinner and toast your memory.
    duck clean.jpg
    Last edited by marketdawg; 01-08-2013 at 09:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread