+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech XX is Missing?

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Tech XX is Missing?

Semantics Nathan you know what I meant. I'm not saying don't blame the employee, I'm not saying don't be pissed. I'm saying unfortunately these things happen.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by solo1001 View Post
    Sure it does and I don't disagree with that but I've seen the blind panic and fear in a kennel worker when a dog goes missing so I'm not surprised it happened. Throwing them in jail over this is, I hope, an overreaction. Again, this is coming from an animal lover/rescuer and the spouse of a vet. Policies will change but the hatred and vitriol coming out of this board, while not surprising, is still a little sad to me.
    Not sure what the animal neglect/cruelty laws are in Ruston, Louisiana, but this an unlawful act and should be a felony.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby View Post
    Yep. I am absolutely disgusted at this. It literally makes me sick to my stomach.

And another thing, one doesn't "accidentally" leave a dog outside too long. An accident would be if they slipped and fell and hurt the dog. They would have to be well aware how long he was out there. Now, they may have become distracted, etc, but it is an act of negligence, not an "accident". This is no different than someone "accidentally" leaving an infant locked in a hot car in the summer time. It's not suddenly ok just because they later realized they screwed up.

RIP LT.
    Exactly. The odds of a dog dying from a heat stroke after 15-30 minutes in the sun is probably pretty low.

Tech XX must have been left out in the heat of the day, with no access to water or shade for a WHILE.

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

Hypothetically Clyde, and I don't know you from Adam, if your 16 year old daughter did this would you want her charged with a felony. Please spare me the "my kid would never, ever do something like this" because we all know that teenagers are unpredictable.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Hypothetically Clyde, and I don't know you from Adam, if your 16 year old daughter did this would you want her charged with a felony. Please spare me the "my kid would never, ever do something like this" because we all know that teenagers are unpredictable.
    I would want the DA to charge what the law states. If I hired lawyers to represent her, that would be my fatherly duty.

For the law, there is no black and white in animal cruelty, just like domestic violence.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

I'm with you solo. I am very upset about this and think whoever is responsible should be punished, but jail time? And please don't compare this to Vick ever again. He electricuted dogs and hung them from trees

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby View Post
    Yep. I am absolutely disgusted at this. It literally makes me sick to my stomach.

And another thing, one doesn't "accidentally" leave a dog outside too long. An accident would be if they slipped and fell and hurt the dog. They would have to be well aware how long he was out there. Now, they may have become distracted, etc, but it is an act of negligence, not an "accident". This is no different than someone "accidentally" leaving an infant locked in a hot car in the summer time. It's not suddenly ok just because they later realized they screwed up.

RIP LT.
    This very well could have been activity related, not time related. There's been a couple of times that our bulldog has chased something into the woods on a hot summer day to come back damn near dead only 5 minutes later. With bulldogs (as you know), there's a thin line between heavy breathing and a heat stroke for bulldogs.

I'll pitch in for the air-conditioned doghouse for Tech XXI. Uga's house looks nice.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Semantics Nathan you know what I meant. I'm not saying don't blame the employee, I'm not saying don't be pissed. I'm saying unfortunately these things happen.
    People leaving babies to die in hot parked cars also "just happens". Are you ok with that too as long as it is just a forgetful teenager who does it? After all, teenagers are unpredictable...

Now obviously, one is a human being and the other "just a dog", but in my book that still does not make it excusable. Throw in the cover-up, and it looks even worse.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Sure it does and I don't disagree with that but I've seen the blind panic and fear in a kennel worker when a dog goes missing so I'm not surprised it happened. Throwing them in jail over this is, I hope, an overreaction. Again, this is coming from an animal lover/rescuer and the spouse of a vet. Policies will change but the hatred and vitriol coming out of this board, while not surprising, is still a little sad to me.
    I'm not saying to throw them in jail, but it wasn't just a blind panic and fear, it was at first but the decision to pick up, hide/dispose of the body, then lie about it for 3 days... That's the difference maker.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Exactly. The odds of a dog dying from a heat stroke after 15-30 minutes in the sun is probably pretty low.

Tech XX must have been left out in the heat of the day, with no access to water or shade for a WHILE.
    Have you ever owned a bulldog?!?!?

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikedog View Post
    Have you ever owned a bulldog?!?!?
    Actually, yes.

Bulldog HoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the roughHoustonDawg2008 is a jewel in the rough

But where do you draw the line? People are charged with animal cruelty for leaving dogs in vehicles during the day (which I believe is a felony in LA, but can't remember). Again, it is very likely that it was an accident, that this young person probably simply lost track of time and didn't realize it, but there needs to be some punishment for the concealment of the body. I'm thinking fines, community service, black listed from animal clinics/vets, etc., But, if it comes out that this was criminal negligence and animal cruelty, then this absolutely should be treated as a felony and possible jail time should be an option.

Varsity Bulldog bulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to behold bulldog009's Avatar

Should we start some sort of donation fund, both to find Tech XXI then build him a proper "habitat"? I'm asking because when Tech XX was found, SGA had to raise funds, which they probably don't have time to do between now and the TAMU game. I think it would mean A LOT if we had Tech XXI at the TAMU game, both in memory of Tech XX and to continue on the legend!

That's fair. I agree it's inexcusable and I haven't said otherwise.

I don't remember all the calls for felony charges when the mascot caught heat stroke on ESPN when we played Mississippi Valley State? Were we on the Delphi boards then?

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikedog View Post
    This very well could have been activity related, not time related. There's been a couple of times that our bulldog has chased something into the woods on a hot summer day to come back damn near dead only 5 minutes later. With bulldogs (as you know), there's a thin line between heavy breathing and a heat stroke for bulldogs.

I'll pitch in for the air-conditioned doghouse for Tech XXI. Uga's house looks nice.
    This is a good point, and I know exactly what you mean. Hopefully they can eventually get the whole truth out of the people involved, and make decisions from there. But I would think if the person responsible had been playing fetch with him for 5 minutes and he had a heat stroke, they would have immediately taken him into the clinic and called Dr. Sexton for help. With them trying to cover it up, obviously they felt that they had something to hide.

And count me in for helping with the dog house and the AC!

+ Reply to Thread