+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Tech XX is Missing?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Tech XX is Missing?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    I honestly do hear what you're saying, but except for what happened last weekend, Louisiana Tech has gone through ONE since 2008. I hate that UGA has lost so many dogs..what the heck are they doing in Athens?? And, as far as I know, XIX is still alive, right?
    English Bulldogs have pretty severe genetic predispositions...add that to jaunting around for 4-5 hours in 90+ degree weather and you're playing with fire...regardless of how well-bred the dog is. And UGA gets some good ones.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

My point is they are English bulldogs and in the BEST of times the most we can expect to get out of a dog is about to get out of a reign is about 6 years...

Maybe we sould look at viable alternatives and do what is best for the next TECH and for the mascot program
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    I honestly do hear what you're saying, but except for what happened last weekend, Louisiana Tech has gone through ONE since 2008. I hate that UGA has lost so many dogs..what the heck are they doing in Athens?? And, as far as I know, XIX is still alive, right?
    Nope--Tech XIX died of natural causes. He lived a normal life span for a bulldog.

Varsity Bulldog jchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her gamejchaisson is on top of his/her game jchaisson's Avatar

Everyone is talking about UGA, what about Mississippi State? How have their dogs compared? What do they do different, if anything?

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

From time to time, I'll come up on people talking about Bulldogs and you have heard this too, "yeah we're looking at maybe a Bulldog...you know...the wrinkly one like the TECH bulldog?"

You start messing with our BRAND and our IDENTITY and what we are KNOWN by, we become our neighbor to the east...no identity...no connection...no loyalty. What they were basically force-fed is possibly the worst marketing mistake since New Coke...and I don't want TECH to voluntarily experience what they have faced involuntarily.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by jchaisson View Post
    Everyone is talking about UGA, what about Mississippi State? How have their dogs compared? What do they do different, if anything?
    Since 1961 they are on XIX (I think)...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    And BTW - Georgia is on their 4th dog since 2008

They are just not a healthy breed
    They also had Uga V ('90-'99) and Uga VI ('99-'08)

That's a long life span for a bulldog in any climate.

+ Reply to Thread