+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are signatures not allowed for non-HoFB members?

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Are signatures not allowed for non-HoFB members?

I understand that personalized avatars aren't allowed for non-HoFB members (not happy about that change but i've accepted it). Are signatures not allowed at all for non-Hob users either? I can't find where to fix mine since it disappeared. I mean come on admins, whats up with this?

and yes before someone chimes in about the small cost of the board, I'm not paying for it. Tuition costs a lot of money these days and saving money means cutting non-essential costs. I'm sure the board is great to have access to, but I get enough information from the others to stay happy. Why change the rule about avatars and signatures?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Are signatures not allowed for non-HoFB members?

Why should other members pay for the space for your custom avatar and signature line?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

They don't. They have always paid to see the Recruiting board, now known as the Hall of Fame BoaRD. I have never paid and had my own avatar and signature before, but then they disappeared because of an apparent rule change. I am wondering the reason for the rule change on custom avatars and signatures.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

The money collected from "Recruiting Board"/"Hall of Fame Board" goes to pay site maintenance costs, which includes the data storage space for your custom avatar and signature line. That is why I asked.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Have costs increased for this need?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    Have costs increased for this need?
    Do you think others should pay for you to have this space?

do you know the answer to my question? and to answer yours, I think the system before was just fine; it is an established system used throughout the internet with no problem.

do you know the answer to my question? and to answer yours, I think the system before was just fine; it is an established system used throughout the internet with no problem.
    Most forums usd advertisements to pay for the space you use when you post on the board. He HofB members keep LatechBBB ad-free. Since LaTechBBB does not really offer much in the way of exclusive recruiting information anymore, the perks of custom avatars and signature lines are a special benefit for those that pay for the space that you use while keeping the site advertisement-free.

But the use of avatars and signatures only recently became a privilege for those that pay. Is this supposed to make people buy more? Are funds for this site diminishing that rapidly due to the decline of recruiting information? And if so who is to blame for that? I don't think this plan will financially help out the website significantly.

But the use of avatars and signatures only recently became a privilege for those that pay. Is this supposed to make people buy more? Are funds for this site diminishing that rapidly due to the decline of recruiting information? And if so who is to blame for that? I don't think this plan will financially help out the website significantly.
    It is not designed to encourage more people to subscribe but is designed to provide a small benefit to those that help keep this board running (and provide tickets to the MCH). Before you joined in 2010, the Recruiting board members actually got a considerable amount of private information about recruiting. LaTechBBB was never meant to provide recruiting services - just a place for Tech fans to commune.

Varsity Bulldog SteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the rough

I understand that personalized avatars aren't allowed for non-HoFB members (not happy about that change but i've accepted it). Are signatures not allowed at all for non-Hob users either? I can't find where to fix mine since it disappeared. I mean come on admins, whats up with this?

and yes before someone chimes in about the small cost of the board, I'm not paying for it. Tuition costs a lot of money these days and saving money means cutting non-essential costs. I'm sure the board is great to have access to, but I get enough information from the others to stay happy. Why change the rule about avatars and signatures?
    This is a terrible excuse. I'm in professional school and living entirely on loans and found the cost to be insignificant. Apply your definition of non-essential next time you decide to go out to Rabb's and you have your $18.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Those privileges are a nickel a day. You may think that is too much and that's fine, but the price is what it is.

This is like when ticket prices went up at Tech. They are still cheap, but there is now a real benefit for being a season ticket holder.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

It's not meant to...

It's meant to reward those that do -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by SteveyTI View Post
    living entirely on loans.
    And that's where I differ. I choose to not owe money to anyone; I work to be able to pay off any expenses I acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveyTI View Post
    Apply your definition of non-essential next time you decide to go out to Rabb's and you have your $18.

I was wondering when this example was going to be used, it's quickly brought up to be used against students on this board. While it's offensive to suggest that all students are just partying at rabbs and throwing money away every week, it's even more interesting to suggest $18 is better spent being able to put custom pictures on the internet for no return than spending the money on a fun night with friends. I see more return out of one night at rabbs than putting a picture up underneath my username, but that is my opinion and everyone is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    It's meant to reward those that do -
    understood, thank you. It's a great move on yall's part for buying tickets for the children's home with some of the money. I'm fine with my blank profile now

Varsity Bulldog SteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the rough

I chose to work to pay for school during undergrad as well. Would not have had it any other way. It gave me a great appreciation for my money which it appears that you also have. I would love to continue to do the same but unfortunately professional school requires much more time and also cost much more. I hate the idea of owing anyone money as well but sometimes you have no choice.

I suggest that most students are partying at Rabb's because most students are. Its not to be offensive, its just a statement that is true for most students. If this does not apply to you then take any example you like. Skip a dinner with friends, a movie, whatever. And as you have stated if you don't care about having the perks then don't skip anything.

I'm not suggesting that your money is better spent on avatars or signatures. I think a night out with friends would be much more appealing. Just pointing out that you use non-essential as a term that is pretty inconsistent and can be applied to many things you do. We each have our own way of justifying things so do as you wish.

+ Reply to Thread