+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sam Wyly - Beyond Tallulah

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Sam Wyly - Beyond Tallulah

Great read!

Quite the entrepreneur. What I find interesting, among other things, is the associations in successful people's lives. There's an old saying: if you want to be successful, surround yourself with successful people. Such folks tend to find each other along the path to success. In Wyly's case, his early and on-going relationship with Ross Perot is a case-in-point.

For Steve Jobs it was Bill Gates.
    For Sam Walton it was the J.C. Penny

I had never heard of University Computing, Sterling Software, or Maverick. Companies that Wyly built into $multi-million successes. I also found his involvment in Bonanza and Michael's interesting, as with others, he built those companies into mega-successes and then sold them for huge profits. In the case of Michael's, he sold it to Bane Capital. Another Tech grad making it big!

Gives me a new appreciation for the Wyly Tower of Learning.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Sam Wyly - Beyond Tallulah

University Computing had a building on I-35 near the Zale's building in Dallas. I knew then that Sam and Charles had started the company, and ever time I passed the building, my Tech pride swelled.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Great read!

Quite the entrepreneur. What I find interesting, among other things, is the associations in successful people's lives. There's an old saying: if you want to be successful, surround yourself with successful people. Such folks tend to find each other along the path to success. In Wyly's case, his early and on-going relationship with Ross Perot is a case-in-point.

For Steve Jobs it was Bill Gates.
    For Sam Walton it was the J.C. Penny

I had never heard of University Computing, Sterling Software, or Maverick. Companies that Wyly built into $multi-million successes. I also found his involvment in Bonanza and Michael's interesting, as with others, he built those companies into mega-successes and then sold them for huge profits. In the case of Michael's, he sold it to Bane Capital. Another Tech grad making it big!

Gives me a new appreciation for the Wyly Tower of Learning.
    He also has as great company called Ranger Capital.

HD

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    He also has as great company called Ranger Capital.

HD
    I beleive he had one called Maverick Capital, I don't know if he is still involved or if Ranger capital is a seperate entity.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Wyly started both Ranger and Maverick. Thanksfully, he didn't start a Cowboy Capital.

Varsity Bulldog DelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the rough

Is there supposed to be a link or am I not getting it on my iphone?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DelhiDawg View Post
    Is there supposed to be a link or am I not getting it on my iphone?
    http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Tallula.../dp/1595910697
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Tech Bookstore has "Beyond Tallulah" for sale.

+ Reply to Thread