+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Viewing Question

Hybrid View

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Video Viewing Question

For some unknown (to me) reason, I'm no longer able to see videos -- not just on the forum, but on you tube, etc. I click, but nothing ever shows up. Any of you have any idea what's going on? I'd "undo" it, but I don't know what was done that needs undoing.

Thanks, guys.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Video Viewing Question

Are you getting any error messages?? What browser are you using??

I would first try checking your Adobe Flash Player. Download and install it to see if that solves it.

You can also clear your temp internet files and see if this fixes it. (Start > Control Panel > Internet options > Browsing History)

Finally, try using a different browser; either FireFox or Chrome.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Are you getting any error messages?? What browser are you using??

I would first try checking your Adobe Flash Player. Download and install it to see if that solves it.

You can also clear your temp internet files and see if this fixes it. (Start > Control Panel > Internet options > Browsing History)

Finally, try using a different browser; either FireFox or Chrome.
    ^^ What he said.

If you have been able to watch videos previously and all of a sudden, you weren't able, then it sounds like a problem with Flash. A good test would be to download and install Chrome, as it has Flash built-in.

If that works, then take my advice: NEVER use Internet Explorer again. It's garbage.

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Thank you! I tried updating Flash Player, but I already had the newest version installed. I use Mozilla Firefox, so Internet Explorer wasn't the problem. I had to uninstall Real Player in order for Flash to work properly. Now I'm back in the video business!! Thanks again.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Does anybody even use real player anymore?

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DellDawg View Post
    Does anybody even use real player anymore?
    What's funny if you do Task Manager right now I bet their's a real player service running... I found it the other day on my home computer and said WTF?

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    What's funny if you do Task Manager right now I bet their's a real player service running... I found it the other day on my home computer and said WTF?
    It sometimes is a piggy-back piece to other software.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

The old web is still out there, just hard to find in the days of SEO.

I think I know why/when my troubles started. A couple of weeks ago I was going to update my Flash Player. I googled "Adobe Flash Player" and clicked on a link to download the latest 2012 version. Unfortunately, it wasn't Adobe, it was this: flash-player.sparkmediaplayer.com/
    When I thought I was installing Flash Player, it installed Real Player. Those sneaky, sneaky people!!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I'm unable to post videos following the insert video directions. I click the film, enter the correct address, press ok, then nothing. I can post the video typing out the stuff, but it's not as convenient as pointing and clicking.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Browser settings?? I cut and pasted this one just fine.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I'm unable to post videos following the insert video directions. I click the film, enter the correct address, press ok, then nothing. I can post the video typing out the stuff, but it's not as convenient as pointing and clicking.
    I can't either. Same problem for the past few weeks. I have to type out the video code to insert them. Same problem with pics. I have to copy and paste the image now instead of inserting the image URL.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Not sure. Haven't changed anything in a few weeks. It started not working for me last week.

Just figured that you needed one more thing to stress and complain about.

+ Reply to Thread