+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Enough damn whining about Shreveport...

Puppy nthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of lightnthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of lightnthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of lightnthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of lightnthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of lightnthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of lightnthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of lightnthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of lightnthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of lightnthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of lightnthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Enough damn whining about Shreveport...

Reminiscing to the ancient past of my college days, THE game of the year was in Shreveport! The annual State Fair game was attended by people who never went to any other game! It was a TRADITION! Even more than that it was an annual fall “event” that the whole student body participated in. It included alumni and families from all over the region. We lost that in Shreveport, and Ruston for that matter, during the independent years and certainly in the WAC years. It was part of the cost of moving up. CUSA was pretty adamant that one of their “suggestions” relating to our membership was that we would host an annual home game in the Shreveport market. Hopefully we will be able to re-develop that tradition.

Those of us who live and work in the Shreveport area can certainly improve our visibility. But as has been mentioned, there are lots of positive things happening over here too! Thanks for the thread baw011, I’m with you!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Via Shed Road to the State Fair Game...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Puppy CC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really nice CC Dog's Avatar

I will agree about alumni support and stickers on cars and such, but the marketing of this game in Shreveport area has been a joke and yall know it, just my observation, then again maybe aside from a Tech standpoint, maybe it's not that big of a game?

Bulldog DFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the roughDFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the roughDFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the roughDFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the roughDFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the roughDFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the roughDFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the roughDFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the roughDFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the roughDFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the roughDFW-IronDawg is a jewel in the rough DFW-IronDawg's Avatar

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CC Dog View Post
    I will agree about alumni support and stickers on cars and such, but the marketing of this game in Shreveport area has been a joke and yall know it, just my observation, then again maybe aside from a Tech standpoint, maybe it's not that big of a game?
    Full-page ad in shreveport times. At least 2 full-sized billlboards in heavily trafficked areas. Spots on the news.

Is it enough? Probably not. But it's more than we normally get.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Fond memories of State Fair Games as a student when Bradshaw was QB. One side of courthouse downtown Shreveport-yelling "Go to Hell" Northwestern and other side yelling "Wreck Tech". Bradshaw tossing a last minute TD to beat NSU. The NSU side was going "nuts" thinking they upset us-then one of Bradshaw's legendary bombs and the NSU side was in "stun" silence. South Louisiana newspapers already printed score before the TD.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Everything I see a person wearing a Tech shirt I personally say something Tech wise to them-like "sure do like your shirt" or "nice to see other colors besides purple and gold". I have a special order Tech license plate-decals,window flag attached every game day. 2 Tech flags for house. HELP-need another Tech Mailbox cover-mine is getting "tacky" due to weather wear. Cannot find another one on internet. Bookstore does not carry anymore. Help! Thanks, Go Dawgs!

Varsity Bulldog frogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to all frogdog's Avatar

I am throughly convince this board can always find somthing to complain about. We are where we are and really I can not see why to expect a hole lot more. We complain when we schedulle a game in Shreveport and then complain when we do and they do not automatically come out in droves. We had a bigger impact in the past times because we played there every years and now we occationally go there and expect the same turnout and commitment. Maybe we should make an effort and play there every year for a while and stop complaining about not having enough home game and TRY to build somthing (with out going broke by dropping all of the money games in the process). The truth is we really need Shreveport and that might involve us sacrificing a home game to try and build somthing. It is almost football season so I would really like to stop this crap and someone discuss football and how practice and players look etc., especially for those of us who can not see any thing in person.

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

I would call 40 + thousand, against an SEC opponent, played in North Louisiana and nationally televised quite a success for Tech football. This is going to be one of the most successful events in Tech Football history.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

“Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    Fond memories of State Fair Games as a student when Bradshaw was QB. One side of courthouse downtown Shreveport-yelling "Go to Hell" Northwestern and other side yelling "Wreck Tech". Bradshaw tossing a last minute TD to beat NSU. The NSU side was going "nuts" thinking they upset us-then one of Bradshaw's legendary bombs and the NSU side was in "stun" silence. South Louisiana newspapers already printed score before the TD.
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3DYg-tl-dR...u+The+Bomb.jpg

"The year was 1968. The game, La. Tech Vs Northwestern at the State Fair. The score was 39-35-NSC. Fans were filing out of the stadium. Then it happened! As 25 seconds remained on the scoreboard, Terry Bradshaw dropped back from his 18 yard line, fired a pass to Ken Liberto on the Northwestern 40 yard line. Liberto, who caught the pass on the run, streaked into the end zone for the TD. To the delight and amazement of Tech fans, Tech won the game 42-39.

However, this painting is more than just a ballgame. It is a tribute to a classic. For many years in the life of a Tech or Northwestern student "State Fair Weekend" was the high-light of the year. But, sadly, it has gone the way of so many other good things and is no more. I hope this brings back as many fond memories to you as it did to me as I painted it.".......Cora Lou Robinson

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Well, how many people actually turned out?
    Alright HD! You let me slide on the poop-slap but, once again, I just can't help myself! This is a first, even for you...Preemptive bitchin"! I will tell on myself, however: I once messed-up the date on one of my ads for my meat market and marketed fresh seafood flown in on a date two weeks previous. I got clobbered by my regulars on that one for sure!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CC Dog View Post
    As I stated in the other thread, it is Tech's responsibility as the "home team" to work this out. If Tech would have come to Shreveport, in advance, about wanting this game the details would have been worked out & S/BC would have marketed it. It's not the responsibilty of S/BC to market a Tech home game that was thrust upon the city at the last moment.

S/BC has many faults & I am always one of the first to point those out to be people that are in control or can possibly get control of the situation. This is not their baby. They have been asked (at the last moment) to put on a game. Do you all even know who works those games or how many staff is required? Most are volunteers that take a vacation day off from their jobs to do whatever is required. Some get paid minium wage to work the game. Shreveport does not host games every week of the season so they must rely on many volunteers. Think about this before you bash the entire city next time. There is plenty of love for Shreveport, LA Tech & the corndogs here. Just not exactly in that order.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bleudog View Post

"The year was 1968. The game, La. Tech Vs Northwestern at the State Fair. The score was 39-35-NSC. Fans were filing out of the stadium. Then it happened! As 25 seconds remained on the scoreboard, Terry Bradshaw dropped back from his 18 yard line, fired a pass to Ken Liberto on the Northwestern 40 yard line. Liberto, who caught the pass on the run, streaked into the end zone for the TD. To the delight and amazement of Tech fans, Tech won the game 42-39.

However, this painting is more than just a ballgame. It is a tribute to a classic. For many years in the life of a Tech or Northwestern student "State Fair Weekend" was the high-light of the year. But, sadly, it has gone the way of so many other good things and is no more. I hope this brings back as many fond memories to you as it did to me as I painted it.".......Cora Lou Robinson

Classic painting. That's the day I learned to never leave a game early. I think that's me next to the Side Show Ticket Booth.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Man, those red jerseys look nice.

+ Reply to Thread