+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Enough damn whining about Shreveport...

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Re: Enough damn whining about Shreveport...

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    Fond memories of State Fair Games as a student when Bradshaw was QB. One side of courthouse downtown Shreveport-yelling "Go to Hell" Northwestern and other side yelling "Wreck Tech". Bradshaw tossing a last minute TD to beat NSU. The NSU side was going "nuts" thinking they upset us-then one of Bradshaw's legendary bombs and the NSU side was in "stun" silence. South Louisiana newspapers already printed score before the TD.
    I was there and remember that game very well....will never forget it! After the Bradshaw TD, everyone on our side (TECH side) of the stadium was yelling and jumping up and down so hard...I was worried that our side of the stadium would collapse. Some of the students I knew from Northwestern had already left the stadium to go to the Fair and celebrate their win. They couldn't believe they lost the game! The State Fair game was always "THE" game of the year!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bleudog View Post
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3DYg-tl-dR...u+The+Bomb.jpg

"The year was 1968. The game, La. Tech Vs Northwestern at the State Fair. The score was 39-35-NSC. Fans were filing out of the stadium. Then it happened! As 25 seconds remained on the scoreboard, Terry Bradshaw dropped back from his 18 yard line, fired a pass to Ken Liberto on the Northwestern 40 yard line. Liberto, who caught the pass on the run, streaked into the end zone for the TD. To the delight and amazement of Tech fans, Tech won the game 42-39.

However, this painting is more than just a ballgame. It is a tribute to a classic. For many years in the life of a Tech or Northwestern student "State Fair Weekend" was the high-light of the year. But, sadly, it has gone the way of so many other good things and is no more. I hope this brings back as many fond memories to you as it did to me as I painted it.".......Cora Lou Robinson
    I have a copy of this print...framed and hanging on the wall of my office. Next to it is a framed poster of the 2010-2011 Regal Blues....signed by each girl. On the other side of that is a framed picture of the TECH offensive line and QB ....lined up across from the LSU defensive line with TECH about to hike the ball. I look at those pictures every day and get reved up for TECH football!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Next to it is a framed poster of the 2010-2011 Regal Blues....signed by each ... I look at those pictures every day and get reved up for TECH football!
    The Regal Blues get you revved up for football?!

Talk to your doctor, bro ...

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    The Regal Blues get you revved up for football?!

Talk to your doctor, bro ...
    Well, to me...they are an important part of the game!

+ Reply to Thread