+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LA Tech on HBO

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

LA Tech on HBO

Did anyone see Tech mentioned on the HBO series True Blood. They are at the "University of North Louisiana" talking to some professor. The prof asks if they are students from Louisiana Tech trying to play another prank. Pretty cool to be called out.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Re: LA Tech on HBO

He said they (Tech) have done it before.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Sounds like somebody connected with the show has some sort of relationship to Tech.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

The author of the Sookie Stackhouse series of books did. I believe she lived in El Dorado for a while, and had a son or nephew go to Tech. It mentions Tech football games, and wearing Tech sweaters in the books. But the show has diverged a lot from the books after the first season.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

For those not familiar with the show, it is set in a fictional Louisiana Town call Bon Temps. It must be in North Louisiana, because they are always talking about Shreveport, Monroe and Ruston.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuzDawg73 View Post
    For those not familiar with the show, it is set in a fictional Louisiana Town call Bon Temps. It must be in North Louisiana, because they are always talking about Shreveport, Monroe and Ruston.
    my guess is it's somewhere south between Ruston & Shreveport

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems most think people have to have a relationship to Tech to mention Tech. Us out of staters know that we are very well known OUTSIDE the boundaries of Louisiana. In fact, we are much better known outside Louisiana. I have watched the series almost from the beginning. It is very well done and is set in N. Louisiana.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    It seems most think people have to have a relationship to Tech to mention Tech. Us out of staters know that we are very well known OUTSIDE the boundaries of Louisiana. In fact, we are much better known outside Louisiana. I have watched the series almost from the beginning. It is very well done and is set in N. Louisiana.
    my only problem is the show isn't very good on the geography of Louisiana. They make it sound like you could go from Shreveport to Vidallia within two hours

Varsity Bulldog tangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post
    So, Bon Temps is behind the old Wal Mart in Jonesboro?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    my only problem is the show isn't very good on the geography of Louisiana. They make it sound like you could go from Shreveport to Vidallia within two hours
    No show really is, though. I have seen shows where Shreveport is 30 minutes from New Orleans. At least, they do say it is N. Louisiana in the show. You should see how distorted geography is for shows shot in New Jersey, Boston, and L.A.... They have to play with the geography reality in all shows. True Blood is a cool show, though. Been watching it for years. When I came home last weekend, I took a picture of a wooded old country road close to Homer and posted it on FB. The first comments were about how it looked like True Blood and if I had seen Bill or Sookie. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    No show really is, though. I have seen shows where Shreveport is 30 minutes from New Orleans. At least, they do say it is N. Louisiana in the show. You should see how distorted geography is for shows shot in New Jersey, Boston, and L.A.... They have to play with the geography reality in all shows. True Blood is a cool show, though. Been watching it for years. When I came home last weekend, I took a picture of a wooded old country road close to Homer and posted it on FB. The first comments were about how it looked like True Blood and if I had seen Bill or Sookie. LOL
    I like True Blood, but it's getting a little too sick for me. I just hope they don't harm Emma the wolf pup

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    I like True Blood, but it's getting a little too sick for me. I just hope they don't harm Emma the wolf pup
    I commented to my wife I was just glad they kept her as a pup for as long as they did and didn't try to have her run off naked. That would have ended the series, I bet. I was surprised however that with the GWB head on Game of Thrones being used and the uproar over it that there hasn't been an uproar over the Barack Obama masked hate group.

Tonight was the best episode of the season

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by tangidawg View Post
    So, Bon Temps is behind the old Wal Mart in Jonesboro?
    Actually, it is in Winn Parish close to Sikes.

+ Reply to Thread