+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tech signs Tucker Ward

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Tech signs Tucker Ward

A pitching injury? That's unusual.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    A pitching injury? That's unusual.
    You're on fire today, maddawg.

The S&C coach using athletes in his demonstrations, not to mention to further his own research agenda, is questionable, at best.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

So he was "asked" to do a demonstration and he chose to do it and hurt his arm. I fail to see how this injury is anyone's fault but his own. If he wasn't warm, he shouldn't have thrown. But blame Sim if it makes you feel better.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    So he was "asked" to do a demonstration and he chose to do it and hurt his arm. I fail to see how this injury is anyone's fault but his own. If he wasn't warm, he shouldn't have thrown. But blame Sim if it makes you feel better.
    You are right Chris. There has never been a pattern of pitching injuries under Sim and Tree.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Right... because his options were telling a coach "No", or doing what the coach says... What do we say about kids who would tell a coach no...

His rehab was going fine and he should have been ready for this year. Oh, Mother and sister both TECH alumni..

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Bronson Gilliam was SCREWED out of a scholarship. He's transferring to Arkansas - Monticello.
    He wasn't screwed. Bronson is a lot more to blame than you think.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Come on guys, you think saying no wasn't an option? I played for these coaches. If he wasn't loose and told them I'm not warm or my arm is sore, they wouldn't have locked him in the shed or left a pink slip in his locker. I'm not saying we haven't had a lot of arm trouble over the years, but let's stop finding a way to blame every little thing on the coaches. These are young men. If he didn't want to throw bc his arm was hurt or not loose, then he should've manned up and said something. And had he not hurt his arm, would you think the coaches or strength trainer were in the wrong for asking for a domonstration from a player? I think not.

Puppy stepintime is a jewel in the roughstepintime is a jewel in the roughstepintime is a jewel in the roughstepintime is a jewel in the roughstepintime is a jewel in the roughstepintime is a jewel in the roughstepintime is a jewel in the roughstepintime is a jewel in the roughstepintime is a jewel in the roughstepintime is a jewel in the roughstepintime is a jewel in the rough

Let's see. Gillam transfers from Arkansas to pitch and hit, sits out a year, injures his shoulder in the fall pitching under the direction of the S&C Coach, has surgery, rehabs and wants to come back as a fielder or DH. And getting his scholly cut is his fault??? I'm not on the same planet as you Chris. The wrong here was cutting his scholarship.

One of you baseball guys confirm this, but you are lucky to get a 1/3 'ship anyway right? If you lose a 1/3 'ship, you didn't really lose your 'ship, you got kicked off the team. Sounds like saying the the Houston OC "resigned".:icon_wink:

I'm on Earth. And you?

I never said anything about his scholarship being cut bc I don't know how much he was on, or what the conditions were surrounding all this. If you reread my posts, you will see that I'm saying it's not the coaches' fault if a player hurts his arm bc he isn't loose. Tell the coaches my arm isn't warm or I'm sore today. I'm saying don't blame the coaches' for every injury that happens. Injuries are a part of sports.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by GatorDawg View Post
    He wasn't screwed. Bronson is a lot more to blame than you think.
    Yes, there are several things not being shared and one of them was same reason the coaches at Arkansas let him go.

Not defending anyone, but folks need to remember not all arm injuries to pitchers since Sim has been here occurred or originated at Tech. Some did, many did not. So we need to remember that before whizzing on anything that moves.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    Yes, there are several things not being shared and one of them was same reason the coaches at Arkansas let him go.

Not defending anyone, but folks need to remember not all arm injuries to pitchers since Sim has been here occurred or originated at Tech. Some did, many did not. So we need to remember that before whizzing on anything that moves.
    This.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I know of 11 newcomers.

Newcomers
    Jaydrick DeClouet
    Adam DeRouen
    Tyler Ervine
    Taylor Love
    Ryno Martin-nez
    Richie Navari - was rehabbing arm at JC, will see if all the way back this year at Tech. So arm problems not originating at Tech.
    Sam Saunders - hurt arm in February after signing back in Fall. Surgery after season, will be out first year, wait and see if able to return to pitching at 100%. So arm problem before ever getting to Tech.
    Thomas Simoneaux
    Hunter Travis
    Omar Ugarte
    Tucker Ward
    See bold comments on couple of newcomers listed above. Probably not news to most of us.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

http://louisianastate.scout.com/a.z?...=1&nid=5085243 Another 2 sport athlete?...He is the 1st listed on the list above
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I know of 11 newcomers.

Newcomers
    Jaydrick DeClouet
    Adam DeRouen
    Tyler Ervine
    Taylor Love
    Ryno Martin-nez
    Richie Navari
    Sam Saunders
    Thomas Simoneaux
    Hunter Travis
    Omar Ugarte
    Tucker Ward
    I saw that Pierce Spangler had a good day at the plate yesterday.

+ Reply to Thread