+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My son's inspiration, Chad Boyd

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

My son's inspiration, Chad Boyd

I couldn't see putting this thread in any other forum. A couple of weeks ago I was sitting back watching some video on youtube to get pumped for the season. My two youngest sons plopped down to watch as well. I played for them a highlight reel of Chad Boyd. They ate it up.
    A little background here on my youngest son Cullen. He been playing football since he was 6. Here in Bossier we play full pads, tackle football. From his 1st practice Cullen has been a little head knocker. When I say little I mean it. The kid weighs 55lbs soaking wet. But he's always had a rep with his teammates. One of the coaches sons got caught counting spots in a tackle drill and switching places so he didn't have to go against Cullen. Now in his third year most of the kids he plays with have really grown. Cullen, not so much.
    Last week at practice I noticed that suddenly Cullen was playing on yet another level. Flying around the field. Making 3 tackles in a row during a scrimmage. One in which he practically went airborne, leveling the ball carrier and sending the football flying backwards. His coaches even commented to me after practice that he's playing with a new fire that even they have not seen before.
    So on the day that should have been gameday for us the kids were home because Bossier saw fit to let the kids stay home that day as well. Cullen tells me he's going to write a book. So he sits down and later comes to me and presents me with his "book" which was several pages put together. Title "The Video". To make a long story short he describes in the book how inspired he was watching the video of Chad playing. How it showed him how to play football all out, and how that was his inspiration to play the way he is playing now. I admit I got a little choked up. To think that what seemed like just a fun outlet to get ready for the season to me he found the essence of what it take to play the game and elevated his. I am very proud and can't wait till we play at home so I can take him on the field to meet in person, Mr. Boyd.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: My son's inspiration, Chad Boyd

Great story Gonzo, thanks for sharing it with us! I hope you will also share your observations of when Cullen finally gets to meet and talk with
    'Mr. Boyd'.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that got to ol' Chuckie. Great story. Thanks for sharing.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Great story, Gonzo.

Enjoy your son's while they are still young. Some day they'll be grown up and you'll miss this stuff.

HD

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Just make sure he realizes that you are NOT a practice dummy!!!!

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Thanks for the comments y'all. I'm really looking forward to introducting him to Chad. Yeah HD I'm soaking it all in. My oldest started high school this year.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe you could get a copy of the book to Boyd before the Houston game, and the inspiration could go full circle!? Imagine if Boyd could play even harder, knowing that little ones are using his play as inspiration.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Where can I get a copy of that highlight film? Great story. It always seems as though every time I coached a jr level football team (ages 8-13) there was always one "smaller" scrappy kid that was the hardest hitting player on the team-the type of player you have to have on the field because he'll set the tone for the team.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Way cool!!! Thanks for sharing.

I finally get to update this. The boys and I got to stay around after the game Sat. The first thing I have to say is that I've never stuck around by the locker room after a game. The one thing you notice is that all of our player are just class acts. They hang around and talk to kids and are just the most polite guys and just an absolute pleasure to be around. Quinton Patton was all smiles and was cutting up with my boys while I took their picture. It took Chad a long time to get out of the locker room. I noticed a woman wearing a #31 jersey with Boyd on the back and assumed it was his mother. After a while I walked over and asked her and she said yes. I told her what fans the boys were of Chads. She asked if it was me that posted this thread. I told her yes. She told me Chad would be out in a minute. When he came out he was awesome. Talked to the awestruck young men. Told them to keep playing hard. We got pictures and I thanked him. The boys haven't stopped talking about it. Meeting him just really made their day after what was a really good day to begin with. Thanks again Chad and thanks Mrs. Boyd for raising such a great young man to be an inspiration to my boys. I'll post a picture soon.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

^^^THIS is what it's all about.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

The Boyd family is a class act! Chad is a champ to boot.

+ Reply to Thread