+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AP poll week 2

Puppy CC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really nice CC Dog's Avatar

Re: AP poll week 2

Anybody get a chance to watch any of the CUSA schools this past weekend? I saw UTEP and a little of So. Miss. Both of the final score in those games were misleading. I thought both teams passed the "eye test", both looked big and fast, also UAB got beat by a sunbelter. I hope we look as big and fast Saturday.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CC Dog View Post
    Anybody get a chance to watch any of the CUSA schools this past weekend? I saw UTEP and a little of So. Miss. Both of the final score in those games were misleading. I thought both teams passed the "eye test", both looked big and fast, also UAB got beat by a sunbelter. I hope we look as big and fast Saturday.
    Interesting. I thought UTEP looked inept and impotent on offense. Yes, they were in the game until the 4th Qtr, but that was because OU played like crap offensively. Landry Jones was HORRIBLE at QB for OU. On the other hand, UTEP never even threatened to score offensively (their only TD was via a blocked punt return), and UTEP's kicking game was worse than some you will see in Middle School (3 missed short FG's?) So, even though UTEP kept it close, the outcome of the game was never in doubt.

USM got manhandled by a much better Nebraska team. No shame there. I think Nebraska is a much better team this year than in recent years past. I expect Nebraska to possibly win the Big 10 this year, and end up in the Rose Bowl.

SMU looked like the same ole SMU. They have some good players, but the offense was very choppy and mostly predictable. IMO, June Jones just doesn't adjust well during games. And his team's make a lot of mistakes. And he couldn't afford to make all those mistakes against another good Baylor team.

HD

Varsity Bulldog talonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to behold

Yep. Nebraska was the better team.
    It did not help that our new HBC decided in advance to play 3 QB's regardless of the situation or the outcome.
    The starter moved the ball well and had just finished driving the team down field and tied the score at 14-14.
    He then removed the redshirt junior and inserted true frosh (Anthony Alford). Pretty much down hill from there.
    Post-game quotes have him saying "we knew in the 3rd qtr we were not going to win the game" (down by 10) so
    he inserts yet another QB. We've grown accustomed to the attitude of we can win against anybody, so obviously, this did not sit well with our fans.
    I say all this to emphasize how important it is that you guys have a seasoned starter at QB, and apparently no controversy at the position. Also, the fact that your coaching staff remained intact is huge. I normally try and pull for all teams within our conference, but with LaTech coming in next season and UH leaving, I hope you guys pound their azz in the turf. Good luck !

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Thanks, Talon

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talonofdeath View Post
    It did not help that our new HBC decided in advance to play 3 QB's regardless of the situation or the outcome.
    The starter moved the ball well and had just finished driving the team down field and tied the score at 14-14.
    He then removed the redshirt junior and inserted true frosh (Anthony Alford). Pretty much down hill from there.
    Does your HBC not realize that this is football, not baseball? lol
    The underlined portion is the same thing that our baseball coach does with our pitchers early in the season. It costs us several embarrassing losses, but he's ok with that.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talonofdeath View Post
    Post-game quotes have him saying "we knew in the 3rd qtr we were not going to win the game" (down by 10) so
    he inserts yet another QB. We've grown accustomed to the attitude of we can win against anybody, so obviously, this did not sit well with our fans.
    I say all this to emphasize how important it is that you guys have a seasoned starter at QB, and apparently no controversy at the position. Also, the fact that your coaching staff remained intact is huge. I normally try and pull for all teams within our conference, but with LaTech coming in next season and UH leaving, I hope you guys pound their azz in the turf. Good luck !
    why is your halfback coach making decisions about which quarterback plays?

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    why is your halfback coach making decisions about which quarterback plays?
    Head Ball Coach

Varsity Bulldog AgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the roughAgTech is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Must be news outlets in Texas voting for TXST.
    You might be right, but I'm guessing its the opposite. People in Texas remember the turnover (all the best coaches and Keenum). Some of the voters far off are probably giving Houston credit on their recent history and the name "Texas State" sounds like a more legitimate school than something like UT San Antonio (don't underestimate the power of a name - it's the same reason why the U La's are fighting over the name U of Lousiana).

I actually want to see Texas State do well and I'm happy they won their first game, but they don't deserve any votes until they win more games. Maybe people were giving it points because they assume it will be ten years before the team is good enough to actually get in the top 25.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    Head Ball Coach
    the "b" seems absurdly unnecessary.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    the "b" seems absurdly unnecessary.
    Those goof ball talking heads at ESPN created the term "Head Ball Coach" which spun off of "Old Ball Coach" (Steve Spurrier). For some reason people have started using "Head Ball Coach" to desribe HCs now. Crazy!

+ Reply to Thread