+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech beats Alabama

Hybrid View

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Tech beats Alabama

I know someone posted a video of TECH's last win over Alabama recetly. Can someone please link me to it? Thanks
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Re: Tech beats Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    I know someone posted a video of TECH's last win over Alabama recetly. Can someone please link me to it? Thanks

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Thanks
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

no problem

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

I would pay a lot of money to watch this whole game.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Nothing will ever trump being at Legion Field and watching it in person. Cangelosi caught that pass literally right in front of the Tech section, all of us were going nuts right behind the end zone.

One of the best memories I've ever had as a Tech fan.

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I have a video tape of the game, except for the final few seconds when Alabama almost ran the kickoff back for a TD. Number 40, can't remember his name, the only guy who had a chance to stop the play, somehow got through 2 or three blockers to tackle the guy and save the game.

I don't have a way to duplicate it. I took it to Costco to have it turned into a DVD, but they wouldn't do it because of some copyright laws. Sorry, probably shouldn't have even brought it up.

By the way I was at the game, and was jumping up & down on the aluminum bleachers when I was much too old to do anything that studpid!

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

I have the 1999 game including the final seconds where the guy was forced out of bounds. If you watch the tape, there was another player from Tech who was deeper than that. The guy who forced him out sealed it but he was not the last chance. What I don't have the final two plays of the 1997 win where we got the ball down inside the BAMA 10 and then knelt twice to close it out. That rain delayed game had the BAMA network pull the plug on the braodcast when it was obvious Tech had beaten them and decided to NOT run up the score.
    Quote Originally Posted by old dawg View Post
    I have a video tape of the game, except for the final few seconds when Alabama almost ran the kickoff back for a TD. Number 40, can't remember his name, the only guy who had a chance to stop the play, somehow got through 2 or three blockers to tackle the guy and save the game.

I don't have a way to duplicate it. I took it to Costco to have it turned into a DVD, but they wouldn't do it because of some copyright laws. Sorry, probably shouldn't have even brought it up.

By the way I was at the game, and was jumping up & down on the aluminum bleachers when I was much too old to do anything that studpid!

Big Dog Hermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the roughHermandawg is a jewel in the rough Hermandawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by old dawg View Post

I was at this game also. It was awesome. Michael John Leonard made the tackle on Bama's last ditch kickoff return.

What most people forget is that the Dawgs led in this game by 18 points before falling behind. Bama gained momentum in the game by inserting(sneaking) Shaun Alexander into the spot where we continuously sky-kicked our kickoff. Alexander took it to the house and awoke the home crowd. I remember thinking that the stadium was going to collapse from the roar.

I think we converted four 4th downs on our final drive. By far the best Tech game I have ever attended and I feel the highest quality win in our D-1 history.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hermandawg View Post
    I was at this game also. It was awesome. Michael John Leonard made the tackle on Bama's last ditch kickoff return.

What most people forget is that the Dawgs led in this game by 18 points before falling behind. Bama gained momentum in the game by inserting(sneaking) Shaun Alexander into the spot where we continuously sky-kicked our kickoff. Alexander took it to the house and awoke the home crowd. I remember thinking that the stadium was going to collapse from the roar.

I think we converted four 4th downs on our final drive. By far the best Tech game I have ever attended and I feel the highest quality win in our D-1 history.
    Not only did JDL make the tackle on that return he made several that night. By far the hardest hitting game I have ever personally witnessed.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Not only did JDL make the tackle on that return he made several that night. By far the hardest hitting game I have ever personally witnessed.
    #44 made the kickoff tackle....MJL had the knockout hit on Alexander.

I have the entire game on VHS somewhere if someone wants to copy it over to a modern format....

Big Dog Bulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Hermandawg View Post

I am pretty sure that Jason Owens made that last tackle, but I could be mistaken.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog44 View Post
    I am pretty sure that Jason Owens made that last tackle, but I could be mistaken.
    This is what I remember.

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

I believe you are right. I think Leonard incorrectly got the credit for the tackle by the broadcasters

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog44 View Post
    I agree - number 40 I think. He ended getting hurt or something and not having much of a career?

+ Reply to Thread