+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech beats Alabama

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Tech beats Alabama

I know someone posted a video of TECH's last win over Alabama recetly. Can someone please link me to it? Thanks
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Re: Tech beats Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    I know someone posted a video of TECH's last win over Alabama recetly. Can someone please link me to it? Thanks

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Thanks
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

no problem

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

I would pay a lot of money to watch this whole game.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Nothing will ever trump being at Legion Field and watching it in person. Cangelosi caught that pass literally right in front of the Tech section, all of us were going nuts right behind the end zone.

One of the best memories I've ever had as a Tech fan.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

This happened a couple of years before I started following Tech football so I never got to see it.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I remember the play just before it when tim went down, an alabama d-linemen dove on his already injured ankle while tim was on the ground, several seconds after the sack and after the whistle blew. I almost threw something at the TV.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    I remember the play just before it when tim went down, an alabama d-linemen dove on his already injured ankle while tim was on the ground, several seconds after the sack and after the whistle blew. I almost threw something at the TV.
    Yep. On that last drive, Rattay was ON, and our Dawgs were marching right on down the field. All of us were standing and waving our arms in a "COME ON DOWN" motion, urging our team toward our end of the field. We'd kept Bama, and star running back Shaun Alexander in check all game...then THAT happened. Tim went down. A collective "deflating" noise was heard from the 500 or so of us standing and watching as our victory seemed to suddenly slip away. A field goal wouldn't win the game. We needed 7 points. And in came Brian Stallworth. We'd stopped waving our arms, and stood in stone silence...eyes glued to the field. It was 4th down from the 29 yard line. Then "THE CATCH" from Stallworth to Cangelosi was made. I was hugged and high-fived by complete strangers, and some 250-lb Tech student (who looked like he coulda played out there himself) grabbed me from behind and flung me around like a rag doll. People were screaming, jumping up and down, going absolutely berserk.

The 7 of us that made the trip to the 'ham had no voice for about 3 days afterward.

Big Dog DarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really nice

i was there!

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I have a video tape of the game, except for the final few seconds when Alabama almost ran the kickoff back for a TD. Number 40, can't remember his name, the only guy who had a chance to stop the play, somehow got through 2 or three blockers to tackle the guy and save the game.

I don't have a way to duplicate it. I took it to Costco to have it turned into a DVD, but they wouldn't do it because of some copyright laws. Sorry, probably shouldn't have even brought it up.

By the way I was at the game, and was jumping up & down on the aluminum bleachers when I was much too old to do anything that studpid!

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Yep. On that last drive, Rattay was ON, and our Dawgs were marching right on down the field. All of us were standing and waving our arms in a "COME ON DOWN" motion, urging our team toward our end of the field. We'd kept Bama, and star running back Shaun Alexander in check all game...then THAT happened. Tim went down. A collective "deflating" noise was heard from the 500 or so of us standing and watching as our victory seemed to suddenly slip away. A field goal wouldn't win the game. We needed 7 points. And in came Brian Stallworth. We'd stopped waving our arms, and stood in stone silence...eyes glued to the field. It was 4th down from the 29 yard line. Then "THE CATCH" from Stallworth to Cangelosi was made. I was hugged and high-fived by complete strangers, and some 250-lb Tech student (who looked like he coulda played out there himself) grabbed me from behind and flung me around like a rag doll. People were screaming, jumping up and down, going absolutely berserk.

The 7 of us that made the trip to the 'ham had no voice for about 3 days afterward.
    your memory has inflated my size. i was only about 220 at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    your memory has inflated my size. i was only about 220 at the time.
    HAHA!

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

I have the 1999 game including the final seconds where the guy was forced out of bounds. If you watch the tape, there was another player from Tech who was deeper than that. The guy who forced him out sealed it but he was not the last chance. What I don't have the final two plays of the 1997 win where we got the ball down inside the BAMA 10 and then knelt twice to close it out. That rain delayed game had the BAMA network pull the plug on the braodcast when it was obvious Tech had beaten them and decided to NOT run up the score.
    Quote Originally Posted by old dawg View Post
    I have a video tape of the game, except for the final few seconds when Alabama almost ran the kickoff back for a TD. Number 40, can't remember his name, the only guy who had a chance to stop the play, somehow got through 2 or three blockers to tackle the guy and save the game.

I don't have a way to duplicate it. I took it to Costco to have it turned into a DVD, but they wouldn't do it because of some copyright laws. Sorry, probably shouldn't have even brought it up.

By the way I was at the game, and was jumping up & down on the aluminum bleachers when I was much too old to do anything that studpid!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Wow.......you know when we we start talking about a 13-yr old football game like this, we are in desperate need of a real football game!! Saturday just can't get here fast enough. The air is just about out of this board.

HD

+ Reply to Thread